Does Jow Forums tip their delivery guy when ordering from Doordash, Ubereats, Postmates?

cnbc.com/2019/07/25/how-much-to-tip-when-you-order-food-on-a-delivery-app.html

Does Jow Forums tip their delivery guy when ordering from Doordash, Ubereats, Postmates?

Attached: IMG_20190816_235928.png (720x909, 533K)

I cook for myself like an adult

No.

I don't use botnet app. I order food using a line telephone, free as in freedom.

Not gonna click that, but the correct answer is zero unless they do something exceptional. Uber Eats is the only one that lets you tip post-delivery though, so that's too bad.

>tipping
I don't support people being paid below minimum wage. You should never, ever tip.

I'm black, I never tip.

tipping is just a mechanism americans have to enforce slave labor and it facilitates a black economy

*african american economy

I'm not made of money and I'm not making much more than the poor faggot delivering my food.
Tipping is a luxury, think about it.
By not tipping 4 times I have enough money to buy new shoes, or another cute nendo, or maybe some cute clothes so I can bait neckbeards on discord again.

Attached: konata milk.png (463x577, 300K)

Chads never tip. Be Chad.

No, why?
That's stupid.

Not only do I not tip but I regularly get my money refunded

No, I'm not american.

>slave labor
seems like you're aware that low skill jobs are less good than higher skilled jobs. so why do you think it is everyone else's responsibility to pay for the low wage worker's poor decisions?

most chads tip over 30% as a joke, because they're "gonna make that waitress' day", even when they're an old hag

Really disillusioned with this whole gig economy being celebrated. But I guess you if depersonalize enough it works.

I never tip, even on the rare occasion that I go to a restaurant.

>prepared for your adult working life so poorly that the best thing you can do is work "gigs"
i bet you have a tattoo sleeve

Kek

I don't know how you could feel anything other than straight indignation.
There's zero barrier to entry, there's zero training, there's zero recourse if things go wrong, you're not even fucking insured, and you're disposable enough that they just deactivate your account if you go below 4.7 stars.
Best of all, they don't have to pay you jack shit because they know you'll leave and 2 other suckers will take your place.

>seems like you're aware that low skill jobs are less good than higher skilled jobs. so why do you think it is everyone else's responsibility to pay for the low wage worker's poor decisions?
We still need waiters and pizza delivery boys, and it shouldn't be highly paid positions, but they should still be able to make a living off it

>but they should still be able to make a living off it
no they shouldn't. you cannot make a career out of delivering pizza, unless you're talking in the abstract sense where you are optimizing the mechanics and logistics of delivery (read: Dominoes flying drone delivery)

I'm looking forward to food-delivery drivers getting replaced by drones for just this reason

Waiters and waitresses are useless.
All they do is take your order and bring your food and pester you so you'll tip them nice.
Their main functions, ordering food, retrieving food, and getting refills on your drinks have already been streamlined by more modern restaurant models, why do they still exist?

>no they shouldn't
so we shouldn't have these jobs then?

no, the jobs can be there because we as an economy are patrons of businesses who employ such workers, but those workers are not the reason we are patrons of those businesses, their services and products are. if said services and products were to reach prices that were prohibitive to even say 10% of customers there would be chaos in the market as businesses collapse and monopolies form.

because the more modern restaurant models aren't successful by the common public which isn't as afraid of human interaction

>"Thanks for fixing my excruciating pain, doctor. Here is a $5 tip"
>"Thanks for representing me in court, lawyer. Here is a $7.85 tip."
>"Thanks for saving my life, officer. Here is a $2 tip."

and when those businesses collapse, obviously those low-paid workers who otherwise would not have a job at all, would then have no job. so as you can see it is better for the low paid workers to have low paid jobs than for 90% of low paid workers to be fired so only 10% can keep an artificially high paying job for the short time it takes for inflation to catch up with their current rate, and/or their place of employment to go out of business all together.

If they want to get paid they should charge money for their service.
Like how is this difficult.

america.png

I've had delivery drivers get angry with me because I write their tip onto the receipt and tally it with the total bill rather than pay them cash. Like actually confronting me angry about being a "cheap fuck". I usually then right "fuck you" or "get a real job" on the tip section next time then never order from there again.

I'm US born and raised and tipping never fucking made sense to me.

elaborate with some pics of your legs

>not having a tattoo sleeve
>not preparing "poorly" for your "adult working life"

The difference to between us is that I didn't spend my childhood valuing whether or not I could work for a corporation. I'd rather be poor than a rich slave.

this. have only used delivery apps twice, and only because they gave me nice discounts

iirc i tipped like $5 the first time, didn't tip the second time

only folks who deserve tips are in-store waiters/waitresses who provide A+ service

You've been drinking the libercuck cool-aid. Minimum wages prevent a race to the bottom. Libercucks are right in that if you have a job that isn't worth minimum wage it isn't worth doing. People require a minimum food intake to survive, so why don't libertarians promote giving people 200kCal a day?

every dollar is a soldier in the army that you use to fight for your freedom

Don't get a job if you're going to be underpaid. Those aren't actual jobs anyways, if you're delivering pizza you should get a 2nd job that doesn't take a lot of time, like delivering newspaper or cleaning some place or something.
If you want to get charity then just stay unemployed.

no, minimum wages put an artificially high price on labor, which causes the economy as a whole (you and me) to lose. in this universe there will always be winners and losers, but not everyone loses all the time. when idiots make a minimum wage law they are only looking at the situation as it stands for that snapshot in those people's lives. i've been following economics and united states policy for about 30 years and i have never seen a law that affects the economy based on a real and true analysis of the economy.

Probably because there's been libcuck laws passed over the last 30 years.
Bet you hated the new deal too

not that user, but to be fair, no one put a gun to these people's heads and forced them to work their job for $2.10 an hour and to live on tips. That was their choice. Minimum wage means guaranteed amount of money ANYWHERE. Being willing to work for tips was their choice in the hopes of earning fat cash pay days. I've work every sort of job under the sun and have had weeks where I clear in cash 5x what I would get per week working minimum wage. But on the flip side, I've had weeks where I barely made $100 because the business wasn't doing well.

>I'm US born and raised and tipping never made sense to me.
It is weird how that overwhelming majority of Americans would rather ditch tipping culture, but somehow just cannot seem to be able to.

Reminds me of an Onion headline.

>Bet you hated the new deal too
well yeah, because it just created the entire problem the poorest blacks in america have been facing ever since it's emergence. before the new deal they were at 97% parity with white income less than 100 years after being literal property, that's fucking something. then the government went and fucked it all up by making them dependent on welfare

This shit is a scam.
They charge a cut from restaurants of 20%.
Then they expect you to pay another 30% on top of that between delivery fee, service charge, and tip.
Almost half the bill goes to them and the delivery driver instead of the place that actually made the food.

alright

let's say minimum wage was abolished
what's stopping companies from paying you $3 an hour and telling you you should be glad to have a job at all?

>minimum wages put an artificially high price on labor
Bullshit.
t. have masters in economics

what bullshit university did you graduate from. price ceilings are one of the first concepts you learn about

Clearly his job is worth more than that. He'd say no, and they'd be forced to pay him what he's owed.
Or you know, they keep asking different people until they find one who says yes.

When prices are established by a free market, then there is a balance between supply and demand. When the government imposes price controls, then there will be either excess supply or excess demand, since the legal price is often very different from the market price. Indeed, the government imposes price controls for the very reason that it is not satisfied with the market price.

National and local governments sometimes implement price controls, which are legal minimum or maximum prices for specific goods or services, in an attempt to manage the economy by direct intervention. There are 2 types of price controls: price ceilings and price floors. A price ceiling is the legal maximum price for a good or service, while a price floor is the legal minimum price. Although both a price ceiling and a price floor can be imposed, the government usually only selects either a ceiling or a floor for particular goods or services.

Why would anyone say yes when they can find someone desperate enough to accept wages that low?

you assume the companies wouldn't find someone desperate enough to work for chump change. Or companies with similar work wouldn't band together and come to an agreement not to exceed each other's hourly wage. Similar to how ISP's make back room deals so they all stay in business.

based

A price ceiling creates a shortage when the legal price is below the market equilibrium price, but has no effect on the quantity supplied if the legal price is above the market equilibrium price. A price ceiling below the market equilibrium price creates a shortage that causes consumers to compete vigorously for the limited supply. Supply is limited because suppliers are not getting the prices that would allow them to earn a profit.

Likewise, since supply is proportional to price, a price floor creates excess supply if the legal price is above the market price. Suppliers are willing to supply more at the price floor than the market wants at that price.

Rent control is a common type of price ceiling that large municipalities, such as New York City, often impose to make housing more affordable for low-income tenants. Over the short run, the supply for apartments is inelastic, since the quantity of buildings already supplied is constant, and those that are being constructed will continue to be constructed because of sunk costs.

Over the long-run however, rent control decreases the availability of apartments, since suppliers do not wish to spend money to build more apartments when they cannot charge a profitable rent. Landlords not only do not build any more apartments, but they also do not maintain the ones that they have, not only to save costs, but also because they do not have to worry about market demand, since there is excessive demand for rent-controlled apartments. Hence, excess demand and limited supply leads to a large shortage.

>price ceilings are one of the first concepts you learn about
They are also from the undergrad level used to conceptualize concepts for retarded first year students.

>what's stopping companies from paying you $3 an hour and telling you you should be glad to have a job at all?
I am not American, nor am I involved in any form of American-style sociopolitics, but what are you implying here? That in America, there is one job for each person, and if they refuse the pay, they are not allowed to work elsewhere?

>We pay you $3/hr.
>No thanks.
?

*To prevent destabilisation of the entire fucking nation due to economic fluctuation

That's the point, doofus. It's why H1Bs exist - programmers are expensive so they're going to people who will accept less money.

Minimum wage laws require employers to pay all employees at least the minimum wage. First enacted during the Great Depression in 1938, under the Fair Labor Standards Act, the purpose was to ensure workers a minimum standard of living. Currently, the minimum wage is $7.25 an hour in the United States. Other countries, such as France and Britain, have much higher minimum wages.

While the minimum wage increases the income of many workers who have jobs that are traditionally low-paying, it increases unemployment, since the demand for labor, as is the demand for other things, is inversely related to price. So while the employed are earning higher wages, the unemployed are earning nothing. Teenagers and minorities are particularly affected. People who have specialized skills with a large market demand are unaffected by the minimum wage laws because they are already earning higher pay.

Sometimes governments use wage subsidies, such as the earned income tax credit in the United States, for people whose earnings are considered inadequate for even a bare living, to improve their standard of living.

Since the minimum wage lowers demand by increasing the cost of labor, it is obvious that unions have the same effect. However, union jobs pay much more than the minimum wage, so employers compensate by not hiring as many workers. Indeed, considering the lofty pay and benefits that public employees in the United States are receiving nowadays, there is tremendous pressure by taxpayers to greatly reduce the number of state workers, to offset the higher cost of their labor.

Burgerland is the land of opportunity... for the wealthy that can afford good private education. If you are below the top ten percentile in intelligence, you deserve to work as a legal slave

as you can see the purposes and intentions of laws are not the same thing as their real outcomes and consequences

No-one who advocates for removing minimum wage is actually paid minimum wage, or unemployed.

The copy/pasta is nice, but does not answer my question.

Exactly, after the depression eased, America saw the greatest economic growth and prosperity in world history. Clearly if minimum wage had been abolished this growth would have been even larger.

Clearly the extreme economic hardships suffered during the baby boom were due to minimum wage.

>for the wealthy that can afford good private education
lol no. I'm community college educated and then went to some mediocre university for my Bachelor's so I can save and not have to take out a major loan (graduated with sub $10k in debt). I make $75k a year in an IT related job now. You don't have to be in the top percent of anything, it's all about mental fortitude to chase more than the bare minimum.

i earned minimum wage and less that minimum wage as a teenager and early 20something. it only made me work harder to finish my education and work experience to get a higher paying job. if you were to have just given me enough free money to get by i probably would have, but that's unsustainable and also unfair to those who truly work for their money. if you aren't getting paid more you aren't producing more value. the market is fair, it gives you what you deserve. is that always nice? no, nobody ever said the real world was nice.

>America saw the greatest economic growth and prosperity in world history.
that is obviously due to the economic boom caused by world war 2, every economist agrees on this, even liberals because it only takes two braincells to look at the balance sheets of the major companies all across america and the world who were involved

>black economy

jewish economy. black economy is an oxymoron

Excuse me, I need someone hovering around to refill my water everytime i take a sip.

have you ever been to mcdonalds? do they have waitresses?

use your brain user. McDonald's is a far cry from an actual restaurant. What they server barely counts as food as well.

the pain of poverty is the greatest motivation to escape it

Luckily you weren't paid what the job was worth so you had excess funds to finish your education with.

people are willing to pay more to be served at a proper restaurant. good luck getting a job at a fancy restaurant where billionares and big tippers dine if you have bad manners and a shoddy appearance.

no but i just managed my time and money wisely, as well as said no to drugs and other wastes.

God imagine how bad the service would be and how understaffed restaurants would be if tipping was eliminated (in America, specifically).

There would be 0 reason to work such a high stress job. Yes the tasks itself are menial, filling up drinks, running food, etc. but because how rude people are when there hungry and how many tables you’re expected to take at once, creates a reallyyyyyyy stressful environment.

I’m trying to imagine how restaurants would be if tipping was eliminated immediately. I feel like restaurants would just rely on illegal immigrants and hire a bunch of them as servers.

t. Someone who waited tables in college and learned a lot about hard work, communication, and patience by doing so.

I'm not the user saying waiters/waitresses are useless, just chiming in. Of course having a proper demeanor and attitude can get you into a better place for high rollers. I however think tips shouldn't exist, just like in the EU and Japan. Shit, Japanese culture even takes offense to being tipped.

>(in America, specifically)
Well we don't have tipping culture in my country and service is excellent. What is it about Americans that would make it a shitshow?

i live in australia where tipping is not common and where the minimum wage is 15AUD/hour. service is SHIT. prices are HIGH. it costs 40 AUD to get a small, shitty pizza delivered to your house an hour later. contrast to the USA, you pay roughly 20USD to get a BIG, HOT pizza delivered FAST.

yes because the phone company does not know that that telephone number belongs to you and totally does not record and log every single call you make

based retard

Attached: imaginebeingatcomputers.jpg (800x317, 153K)

then you'd watch that restaurant go under because all the illegals working for pennies would give the bare minimum effort. I've seen this exact thing happen with my own eyes. I've also seen ICE raids on a business because 85% of their staff were undocumented/had criminal records.

Rest of the world doesn't have this problem. Being rude to service employees is almost exclusively an american problem. Americans are naturally shitty people.

I am for raising minimum wage or getting rid of it and think tipping ensures good service. what am I?

They also use speech to text software on it so it's machine readable.

yup because there's incentive for the delivery guy to get to you quick. My local pizzeria/driver even told me that me and my roommate's place are bumped to the top of their list when we order because we always spend $25+ and the driver always earns a $10 tip to literally drive 10 minutes.

As someone who has done delivery driving, you pick up on who the good tippers are and who doesn't tip at all. You then prioritize who gets their food first regardless of distance. I've had nights where I earn a literal $250 in cold cash tips.

read

a beta male
amazin'

I know most of that already. what conclusions did you want to me draw from that?

see

Rest of the world doesn’t have this problem because tipping culture isn’t a thing in those countries like it is in America. Imagine being a waiter, making your tips every night as you have been for many years, and then one day a law comes and abolishes tipping. I bet half of the work force would immediately quit and work at some other minimum wage job that has nothing to do with food. Tipping is ingrained in Americans. That’s why you can’t really say “Well in my country we don’t have tipping and restaurants still exist”

Even if there’s no rudeness from the customers, the stress is still high due to the expectations of trying to give a good service and doing a good job.

Tipping should only be done to reward exceptional service, not to facilitate below minimum wage labor.

yea no shit. even children know that

but for real the pizza here is so bad, the service takes so long, and anything halfway decent is so expensive (around 60+AUD delivered) that i just don't even bother

I just don't ever tip.

>waiter takes food from 1 table to your
>says enjoy your meal
>expects 20% of your meal total just because

devilish

>$60 whole kangaroo bucks
fuck's sake that's insane. Here I can call my local place and get 2x large plain pies, one cooked normal, one crispy, order of fresh baked cinnamon rolls, and a 2L bottle of soda of choice for $26. I end up paying $36 to $40 total usually to have it delivered.

desu there's nothing stopping me from driving the 10 minutes to go get it, but me and my buddy's are usually slammed and unfit to drive when we order.

tipping is just a way to flex cash money and net worth. if you aren't tipping 120% it's because you don't have clout

i haven’t had pizza delivered to me in years, i’m american. It’s the high delivery fee that the restaurants charge (that doesn’t even go to the delivery driver btw) that keeps me from ordering delivery. If there was no delivery fee I would order delivery all of the time and tip 20% to the delivery guy.

Now I just carry out. You can’t reallt beat a ~7.99 large 2 (sometimes 3) topping pizza carry out deal.

60 AUD is like 30 real dollars though so keep that in mind

yeah and bear in mind those prices are from like a couple of years ago, not with the current (even shittier than normal shitty) exchange rate, so in reality we're talking on average $50USD to get a shitty pizza delivered to your house over an hour later (and yes, it's cold)