What can a Raspberry Pi be used for?

What can a Raspberry Pi be used for?

Attached: pi-4_2.jpg (650x650, 54K)

media center

Collecting dust.

Attach a screen to one with HDMI, it works well with light internet browsing ...and shit

Web server
Media center
You can stream your gaymes from PC with Stream Link
Make a bot/web crawler
Control Relays, micro controllers, whatever with it's I/O pins
SCADA
Dedicated Torrent machine
NAS
...and so on

Attached: 1566065606325.jpg (659x699, 66K)

You can make a robot with one. Stream what it sees. Control shit remotely.

teaching 5 iq african children how to print hello world in python

>What can a brainlet do with an RPI
Absolutely nothing

seedbox
mini console
handheld pc
media box
pi hole
web server
dreampi

Use machine learning frameworks to blink an LED in very complex patterns

it makes for a pretty decent emulator, some people build tabletop arcade cabinets and use these to do MAME. They're pretty versatile but unless you have a specific project in mind I wouldn't waste the $35

an .onion cp site
a pretty shitty basic home server for testing purposes
media center
retropie and have thousands of old fashioned games that you will never play more than a couple of minutes
automating stuff (meh, arduino would be a better and cheaper option in this case)

I use mine as a media center and samba server

I use mine with OSMC since my tv is not smart and can't play shit

Attached: osmc_meta.png (1920x1080, 110K)

I've got a few different models.
Raspberry Pi Model B - calendar database for the household, been running for years and never had any issues
One 3 as a guitar pedal
Another as a synth
A Zero W & WD PiDrive as a music streamer
Another Zero W as a cat cam/cat feeder for when we're away
Another 3 as a Steambox
A 2 with a 7" screen for retro games
Oh, and a 2 or 3 in a Voicekit
And a 3 and a Zero I have lying around, not sure what I'm going to do with them.

>One 3 as a guitar pedal
tell me more

Can you control it with the TV remote?

It can emulate the Roland MT32 synthesizer, eg for retro vidya and creating music

Pedal-pi, actually designed to be a used with a Zero, but some of the effects I was using were maxing it out, so with a bit tinkering, some more perspex, and a lot of glue, I cramped a 3 in there.

Attached: Pedal pi.jpg (1024x521, 58K)

Make a "microcomputer" that plays gameplay of DOS/Win9x games and/or online radio streams on my desk at work

Attached: B96D9823-F555-4D5E-9090-765B18A9F1A0[1].jpg (1536x2048, 609K)

irc bouncer

If your TV has CEC, yes

Aha, and if not I assume you can control your Pi with a (different) remote - right?

have it as a nice websurfing "PC" with me to access my stuff when and wherever.

So just a cheap mobile PC

Anything
It's a fucking computer

Connect a 2tb+ hdd to your pi and use it as a dedicated always-on media server. You can also use it as a server for a personal website.

How does OSMC compare to Kodi?

I use one as a zigbee gateway to control Xiaomi and Ikea lights, sensors and remotes via home assistant. It's awesome

Huh? It's a media center running on the Pi, just a big skin overhaul for Kodi.

Pi starts up, TV display starts, and CEC allows the TV remote to passthrough input directly to the Pi, for navigation and playback controls. Volume isn't passed through as it just controls the TV volume at that point directly.

You *could* control the Pi with a different remote, but why?

It's the same shit, just pre-skinned and some tweaks done out of the box

no the TV remote is garbage.
I use a tiny wireless keyboard to control it.
there are some remotes specifically made for windows, they might work but I don't want to try one.

Lots of good suggestions in old thread

I was thinking of getting one for a kitchen TV, to watch media, act as an internet radio, look up recipies and cooking stuff on youtube, stream games via steamlink. etc.

Though i am concerned it can't even handle Youtube at 1080p

It should handle it just fine, in my experience with a 3b+. Worst case, allocating more RAM to the GPU should fix it.

turn it into a toaster. then take other raspberry pi's and put them in the toaster. then put the toaster in the oven and leave it to bake for 3.41 hours at 6969 degrees C. then you will have made raspberry pi truly and know what it is to be a maker

Attached: Steve-Huffman-Net-Worth.jpg (1200x802, 32K)

If I didn't already have a freenas server running pihole I'd have a Pi for pihole for sure. I'm pretty much looking for an excuse to buy one.

Surely this isn't reliable in any way