OH NO NO NO NO

Attached: 1561710633906.png (229x190, 75K)

have sex

have C

So they removed something that was never there to begin with?
How?

oh noes. now the one overpriced useless SSD wont work on my B350 board.

who cares ffs.

cope

Nice link, delete thread.

You mean boards that weren't designed to support pcie4 can't use pcie4. How could they do this?

a thread died for this

>removing something that wasn't there in the first place

Attached: wtf am i reading.png (3300x3140, 555K)

C O P E
O
P
E

Attached: 1563455436921.jpg (1035x1000, 189K)

lol

>Intel doesn't have it on *any* boards
>(((shills))) still shill

Attached: haredi-intel.jpg (636x390, 35K)

Well technically it could work and AMD was coy about maaaaybe enabling it on old boards but ultimately they decided that it's just not safe without a fan on the chipset.

And from the articles I read it requires the mobo PCB itself to be of much higher quality to maintain signal integrity at higher frequency.

PCI-E is from the CPU so a motherboard that's pin compatible could technically support it. There's a concern about whether the physical copper traces are robust enough to handle it but that should be up to the motherboard manufacturer to support it from BIOS on a per case basis. AMD is shutting it down for any non-x570 motherboard as an artificial lock-out.

IIRC buildzoid or some other reviewer said that the heatsinks on x570 motherboards are basically hot garbage, so the entire fan situation is pretty much for show. It should have been possible to avoid it altogether

>IIRC buildzoid or some other reviewer said that the heatsinks on x570 motherboards are basically hot garbage, so the entire fan situation is pretty much for show. It should have been possible to avoid it altogether

They are hot garbage, but they serve a purpose.
AMD are responsible to make sure EVERYTHING works, including the worst prebuilts on the market and the PC assembled by a drooling retard with no fans in it at all.
Anything dying would be a warranty case disregarding the whatever airflow and what case the user had.

Yes this PC really has no vent holes anywhere.

Attached: d0418619-41b4-4222-bbaa-b43906bac8e3_1.4c6ab5be1fe11898c7040cc13774c098.jpg (450x450, 14K)

>all these shitposting about the mobo chipset fan
>the absolute dead silence when intel mobos will get the same or worse fans

Some mobo manufacturers were enabling it in shit tier mobos that can't provide the required signal integrity. AMD disabled it because it would obviously end with "le amd pcie4 is unstable" memes from retards.

>preparing for pcie5
fuck yes AMD is based

looks like it has nice airflow, hotpockets though because of positive flow.

>damn amd protected my board from BTFOing itself
so tragic

>buildzoid said
that faggot is an idiot, opinion disregarded

What's your argument for why he's wrong?

> he's
Did you just assume their gender?