Daily reminder, zoomers can’t use these devices

...because they require optical media and you can’t fit a collection of movies and music into their hot bunks.

Attached: 7EF3680A-D409-4A26-AF56-48FC1D0BC116.jpg (1280x960, 366K)

Oh and vinyl too, zoomers can’t figure out how to preamp.

Attached: camera_and_film_roll.jpg (3500x2329, 926K)

>tfw I can't impress chicks with the size of my floppy anymore

Attached: 1200px-Floppy_disk_2009_G1.jpg (1200x583, 81K)

>zoom zooms think streaming is cool because they can't remember PlaysForSure
What is given can be taken away.

>back for a few days visiting my dad
>find this
My 2 IDE HDD are full of irc logs and pics of girls from highschool.
Dis gun be gun to boot up.

Attached: IMG_20190817_191528.jpg (1024x1365, 299K)

Don't copy that floppy!

Shouldn’t dox yourself like that, Don.

I'll do my best next time.

Attached: df8119c1f656204d7474ec441c5c4106.793x800x1.jpg (793x800, 109K)

>sticker on the 1.44 is upside down
retard probably never used one

More like you didn't, outside of home use. This was extremely common in offices because when you eject the disk you're not looking at the label upside-down. It's normal to pop the disk out part way to check that you're using the correct one, or when using multi part floppies, verifying the disk number of the one you're removing against the number of the next one you're inserting to make sure you're not skipping one.

That 8" soviet floppy reminds me of a joke
>Question: Is it true that American skyscrapers are the tallest in the world?

>Answer: Yes, it's true, but on the other hand the Soviet-made transistors are the largest in the world.

>b-buh muh streeming media entertainments
Owning your media collection is the only way to own your media collection. Soon zoomers will be complaining that the MPAA and RIAA remote-deleted their media folders and physical mediafags will have the last laugh.

I'd just like to point out how extremely good taste the user has:

>B&O CD3300 with the TDA1541
>Onkyo DV-SP1000, one of the finest DVD and SACD players ever made
>good quality Pioneer laserdisc machine
>Technics SL-J2 direct drive quartz locked liner tracking turntable with features like track skip, repeat, like a CD player for records
>original Philips CD-100, the very first CD player ever made, still famous for high audio quality
>all running into a Paragon preamp / DAC
Zoomers with their phones bluetoothed into a speaker pod can't compete.

i know this is ha ha funny zoomer bad post but, spotify is only 11 years old and zoomers are like what?

>zoomers were playing with CD players at the age of 6
they might have seen CDs but they don't buy or own them

>download music at a better quality than has ever been accomplished before
>have perfect lossless audio everywhere I go
b-but my nostalgia!
they d-don't make things like they used to!
fuck off grandpa.

>>download music at a better quality than has ever been accomplished before
Yet downloaded music is still often re-compressed and treated even if "lossy" as has been proven with Spotify.
>>have perfect lossless audio everywhere I go
You have a portable SACD player?

>b-but my nostalgia!
It's more about owning your media in a format which can't be taken away.
>they d-don't make things like they used to!
Yes this is why many old things like cars, cameras, kitchen knives, Japanese swords, vases, etc. are appreciating assets.
>fuck off grandpa.
Enjoy your streaming movies on your phone, kiddo.

Plex media server. Your shit can't go anywhere unless you forget to make a backup, your house/apt/condo burns or your server just fucking dies all together. Use ZFS/Raid Z2 and you don't gotta worry about disk failure and bitrot biting you in the ass either.

Discs will be dead once Streaming takes off. No longer any point for the studio's to churn them out. Be saving them money and would force people to sign up for the service.

Music industry and gaming industry will follow not long after. Goodbye CD audio, goodbye DVD/Blu games.

>Discs will be dead once Streaming takes off.
Even vinyl didn't die. CDs won't die either, and there are tons of people who aren't interested in streaming. Heck SACDs are going stronger than ever even though it's a completely niche format.

Same with movies, there will always be DVDs even when Blu-Ray dies off.

>bringing Spotify into a lossless conversation
Why are you even participating if you’re this uneducated? Hell we even have a lossless mainstream streaming option these days so you don’t even need to self host

So I'd at the very least buy a few spare DVD drives for your computer now while they're cheap as shit. Cause once production ends even a used one will cost you out the ass.

>spotify
what makes you think I'm talking about spotify?
>portable sacd
No, idiot. I don't need one, I do however have a portable dac/amp
>can't be taken away
how are you going to take away what I have downloaded? is this some spotify shit again?
what about a fire or standard degradation of your physical copies?
>JAPANESE SWORDS
are you this guy? seriously? you are the epitome of autistic sperg.
even if you use the appreciating asset claim, that would be in unused, perfect condition, but you are using all this shit and it's going to wear out, you will own trash eventually.

seriously this time though
fuck off grandpa.

>ten lossless streaming services each with extremely limited catalogues
>pay for each one
lol

This.

>own nothing zoomer with his headfoams and portable dac / amp (likely class D)
kek

>own nothing
own a house, a business, a portable audio set-up, home setup.

You're just a retarded boomer who wants to listen to music the way you heard it 20 years ago, ignoring all advances in technology to circle jerk with other boomers about the way things used to be.
perish.

>all advances in technology
There has been no advance in technology in the last 20 years which improves home audio excepting the SACD. Shit you have people pushing class D amplifiers here without shame.

bump

Shut up, retard

>There has been no advance in technology in the last 20 years which improves home audio

Attached: OP.gif (240x184, 520K)

No, every commercially produced diskette says otherwise.

Name a few which improve the quality of home audio.

Here's a few that didn't:
>streaming
>bluetooth
>jacking your computer into your receiver with its nasty DAC
>using an external DAC in all but the rarest of cases (mainly Wolfson and BB DACs)
>soundbars
>bluetooth speaker pods
>sonus

bump

>thinking audiophiles use the stock sound card that came with their PC
>not lightpiping your flacs from your RME hDSPe into your Apogee DA16x, to your receiver

>not using a ladder DAC
it's like you want your shit to sound bad

>vinyl
We always called them records, and later LPs, growing up. Vinyls is more of a hipster term. Similarly the bit you replace on the tonearm was called a needle far more frequently than a stylus.

that's neet

Name one.

What kind of shithole do you live in where those things are still commonly used?

>implying CDs, DVDs, and Blu-Rays are somehow uncommon
Nowhere in the world are these uncommon and there were over a billion CDs sold last year.