I'm glad I skipped pcie4

Attached: 1564256989582.png (817x593, 618K)

Motherboards might get this in 2024

>not waiting for PCIe 7.0

Attached: damn nigga.png (900x729, 129K)

Now this, my friends, is a brainlet post.
As this fella just said It is irrelevant for the consumer.

how long until we have more pice bandwidth than atoms in the universe

If PCIe 5.0 has 4x the bandwidth of PCIe 3.0, then how many times the bandwidth does PCIe 4.0 have of PCIe 3.0?
You should be able to solve this.

>pcie 4.0 finalized in 2017
>very first consumer x86 chipset supporting pcie 4.0 shows up in 2019
2024 isn't that far off the mark, tbqh

oh god no

>It is irrelevant for the consumer.
things that AMD says

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO AMDBROS WE GOT TOO COCKY

Before :
>w-who even cares about pcie4.0 bro? It won't be everywhere. Who even needs it? It won't catch on. It's just a marketing term
Now:
>Lmao, eksdee, pcie5.0 coming soon. Can't wait to hop into it bro. Lol.

2.2 times.

Iff PCIe 4.0 has been anything to go by, SSDs are going to need watercooling to manage PCIe 5 speeds

this is why i use brave™

4x = 5 / 3
Ax = 4 / 3

x = 5 / 12
A = (4 * 12) / (3 * 5) = 16 / 5 = 3.2

3.2x times.

IDK
It already fascinates me that with PCIe 4 there are multiple bits that fly on the PCB traces that rely solely on the traces for their data integrity

That would be sick af desu

Bait pic (and probably article too), that is NOT a PCI Express 5 connector. PCI Express 5 connectors have 3 (three) slots in them, and only the middle slot resembles the current PCI Express slot for backwards compatibility.
Good luck getting motherboard manufacturers to waste money on this connector for consumer boards before 2022 when literally no CPUs in any roadmap even support PCI Express 5.

Nah, Phison has some new 16nm controllers coming up that can support up to like 7GB/s and only pull 2w.

It's not just controllers, damn memory overheats. It would be better with flat structure, but 3d memes throttle even at 4x PCIe 2.0 speeds.

So we need more PCI lane CPUs

No the memory does not overheat. The ideal condition for NAND is like 70C

pcie 4 needs heat sink for chip sets.

omg imagine the temps of 5

>pcie 4 needs heat sink for chip sets.
only because AMD sucks

> Not waiting for pciex 645685

Attached: 1565881537620.jpg (600x379, 151K)

>Not putting your pciex 5 ssds into an rbmk reactor instead of reactor fuel to save shekels on your energy bill

Attached: axzK84p_700b.jpg (700x467, 77K)

Can't wait to see the NH-D15 coolers required for the PCIe 5.0 chipsets.

>2017 clickbait article
k

Intel or anyone else isn't magically going to make PCIe 4 efficient with the current process nodes
PCIe 4 sends data almost quicker than the signal can travel over a copper trace, before a bit has even reached it's destination there is already more bits behind it on the pcb trace
All this requires signals to constantly regenerated to make sure data stays intact which causes higher power consumption

I'm still on DDR3. I'll just wait for DDR5. Not like it makes much of a difference for me anyways.

It does overheat

Get raped and kill yourself, you retarded fucking faggot sack of nigger shit with down syndrome.

have sex seething incel faggot manbaby

>Skip PCIe 4.0
I think it has more to do with Asian tetraphobia than anything. Can't go scaring off the Chinese and Koreans with unlucky numbers.

PCIe 2.0 reporting in

Just stick to good old AGP.

Is DDR5 available for current RAM?

If you don't buy on the price/performance curve you're getting fucking raped. Imagine falling for these faggy gimmicks

yes

There are currently no DIMMs or even chips available for purchase.

>pcie 5.0 coming in 2019
>intel not releasing any new chips until 2020
what did they mean by this

still worth to wait extra year till DDR5

Attached: umad_.jpg (1131x636, 92K)

it is tho mainly because i doubt will gonna see ANYTHING that saturates pcie 4.0 for a while..

I fucking haven't seen troll face since 2008.

Attached: images.jpg (226x223, 13K)

Attached: pcie 6.0-.jpg (1510x3374, 513K)

Just wait.™

intel then - no one needs PCIe 4.0 now
intel now: but when our products will have it, it will be the hottest thing on Earth. I mean, greatest.

Attached: intel tigerlake w. PCIe 4.0.jpg (1000x1000, 64K)