Why do all the B450/X470 motherboards suck?

Why do all the B450/X470 motherboards suck?

Seems like all of them except for the Hero VII have some kind of annoying oversight.

Attached: ryzen-3600-1.jpg (1920x1080, 95K)

Maybe u suck faget lol

Taichi Ultimate
Taichi are great.

Get a tomahawk!

They don't - you're just retarded.

What’s wrong with the Asus ROG Strix X470-F?

Where the fuck are the MAX boards? Apparently they've been out in euroland for a while now but still no sight of them in freedomland

Expensive

You have to pay a lot more to get one that doesn't have

>crappy VRMs
>16MB bios
>Non-Intel LAN

I paid $130 for mine on Amazon from Amazon Warehouse. You’re stupid if you don’t look there first for electronics.

is an Intel NIC even that much better than a Realtek one?

>Intel LAN
JEW spotted

>The B450 Gaymen Plus/Tomahawk sucks
Opinion discarded

Gottem

>$130
>cheap
lmao

I have a 3700X in a Prime X470-Pro
just works so far

afaik it's just a meme that buildzoid accidentally started

You have a point there. My motherboard before this was $130 brand new and I never used to spend over $100 for a motherboard before that. Funny how shit starts inflating once gamerfags get into the market.
Buildzoid absolutely did not start the meme about Intel ethernet. Everything other than Intel for on-board ethernet has been dogshit since on-board ethernet became a thing.

I blew my load on the 3900X and Gigabyte Aorus Pro X570. Not worth it, PCIe 4 speeds are never used even in video and music rendering and I doubt it'll change in the next 5 years. Reminder to not be like this user and actually buy what you'll use

Crosshair 7, Aorus Gaming 7 and Taichi/Taichi Ultimate are all top notch for the money.

What? Strix-F has an excellent VRM for a non top end board. 6 phase 60a stages is way overkill.

Dunno how much it costs but none of the rest are bad things.

BIOS is pretty ass on the Gaming 7, not gonna lie. I'll say those USB DAC-up ports are the shit though.

even a patty flipper could afford it, must suck leeching off mommy and daddy

I like my x470 k4 except the shitty vrms limiting me to a 3700x oc

You will only benefit if you are using the Gen 4 NVMe SSD and using it for profession production purposes where the best possible speed is needed.

Playing games does not mostly achieve this like it were with older systems when playing AAA eye candy titles.

>16MB bios
The BIOS files for my X370 Strix are no where close to 16MB and that's with Ryzen 3000 support.

>Buying AM4 when TR4 exists

do they suck? B350 Pro4 user here

its the counterpart to intels Z Plattform, so yea, pretty cheap imo (but a B450 tomahawk or gaming Plus will also do overclocking just fine, no OC tax here :^) )

>Everything other than Intel for on-board ethernet has been dogshit since on-board ethernet became a thing.
Realtek is fine, never had issues w/ Realtek chipsets in the decades that i used em
the real steaming pile of shit is KILLER ETHERNET

If I recall correctly Intel NICs have always just werked in Linux whereas Realtek either has or once had some problems. I'm not 100% sure and I forget the details.

B350 masterrace

>buildzoid
ok figures that troll would say something stupid like that

the b350 boards are even worse than any b450 board

Came here to say this.
I was something of a Gigabyte fanboi until I saw that BIOS.
It's actually inferior to the cheap Gigabyte AM3 board that I was using before I went Ryzen.

What part of B350 masterrace don't you understand you little bitch?

I had zero issues with this board
Most of my issues are tied to windows

Attached: 440B8150-3599-4EF1-B2A3-E8556F35ABAD.png (600x500, 98K)

Reinstall windows if you upgraded from Zen 1 or you will run into issues all the time

They won't. Freedomland has money for X570 and they don't want to cannibalize those sales.

Literally just bought this board in ATX today, worked perfect out of the box on my Ryzen 5 2600x I bought with it.

Using Debian 10

Thermals look excelent. Has plenty of PCI slots and the connections are good. Only think I hate is the ultra-cheap ass back-plate. Literally the most garbage plate i've ever seen - even the stock plates from Lenovo at least have insulation on them and are thicker. This plate is comparable to tin-foil.

Such a great value you can even find it for as low as $50 at micro center.

I think the mATX would have been $50 after I bundled the processor
The full ATX only set me back like $65 after the bundle ($30 off) - i'm in USD though, not sure if you mean $50 Euro or Pounds, which would probably equate to the $89 USD full-price at my local Microcenter. This was current price because I just got it today.

They *were* great. x470 Taichi Ultimate still has no AGESA 1.0.0.3 ABB BIOS while the non-Ultimate got it on 2019/8/6.

dilate more

I got a bigger discount due to me getting the 3000 series most likely

>Seems like all of them except for the Hero VII have some kind of annoying oversight.

AMD doesn't require its partners to provide working drivers.

>hey look another thread i can take a shit in
Isn't there a shed full of hungry wolves you should be locked in right now, tripfag?

I have the b450 and I've yet to run into a single problem or inconvenience :)

You will benefit from pcie4.0 when 4.0 cards come out

Maybe they're rolling out support based on how many units they moved

Yea, I think you get $50 instead of $30 with the 3000 bundle.

But it's the same board just with extra i/o that shouldn't be affected by AGESA. That's a nice "thank you for buying the ULTIMATE edition"...

I'm just guessing the I/O requires some extra firmware fuckery

mostly it's MSI
x370 turned out pretty great though, quite happy with mine

I don't regret my MSI board. I'll just wait for b550

Attached: 1525283904674.jpg (657x527, 87K)

They both got AGESA Combo-AM4 1.0.0.3 on the same day. I don't see how the new sub-version could cause such a massive delay.
Oh well, at least I got it at a discount for 5$ more than non-Ultimate so the 10gbit NIC was quite cheap in the end.

x570 taichi suck hot air from videocard to chipset.

OP asked for B450/X470

the vii hero has 100% fan speeds at 72c
it has no toggle for HPET or Spread Spectrum

shillbgone

wow you niggas really work around the clock
how much DO you get paid anyway
I shitpost all day so I wouldn't mind getting paid for it

What's wrong with AMD HPET? Last I read it was only fucking up on Intel with Windows. Did something change?

I have a msi carbon b450 gaming ac. What is the oversight in my mobo? Enlighten me please

Some shit programs dislike hpet and stutter to shite

id like the option to disable it, in case id need to.

its also something thats been on boards for nearly 20 years, no reason to remove it.

You can still control it directly in Windows with: bcdedit /set useplatformclock true (or false)

Respect. Have a 3600 in my B350, no issues.

got the Asrock Fatal1ty B450 Gaming-ITX/ac used condition with all parts i've thrown in the build as used from ebay and it runs really solid on day 2 with a 2400g

Attached: WhatsApp Image 2019-08-07 at 21.41.40.jpg (900x1600, 146K)

msi is king of b450
x470 look to the taichi or whatever

anything special about this board?

it hasn't shorted me out so far i guess

Attached: WhatsApp Image 2019-08-18 at 12.14.39.jpg (1200x1600, 116K)

Because when those MB were released, AMD wasn't a premium brain yet

True story i had a broken cat5e cable. Realtek no issues. with Intel Nic a lot of dropouts.

On Windows both will work in most cases. just plug&play.
I got a new 2.5Gbit nic with realtek chipset i have to solve capt char and give them my Email so they can send me a download link. You need devel tools kernel header etc to build your self the kernelmodul fuck them.

RTL8125 2.5Gbit

Attached: Opera Snapshot_2019-08-18_123149_www.realtek.com.png (1373x858, 257K)

I didn't reinstall Windows after upgrading and I've yet to have issues. What's supposed to go wrong?

Attached: 1564355930919.jpg (850x850, 128K)

Realtek LAN
16mb bios (inb4 this isn't an issue. Theres a reason MSI is making MAX boards with updated 32MB chips)

Cheap great OC potential and just works
I created a mini itx powerhouse with this board

As much as I like his videos they should really not be handled as purchase advice.

That doesnt really matter, I want to disable it on a BIOS level, not have microshit maybe remember it

Anyone hav a gigabyte aorus elite? Can you just turn off the fan completely and call it a day never turning it on again?

>Why do all the B450/X470 motherboards suck?
intel bribes

If I wanted to upgrade the BIOS, it says to make sure "AMD all in 1 with VGA driver ver:18.50.16.01_WHQL" is installed. I'm using Debian, but this file seems to be made for Windows.
Am I not able to update the BIOS in linux? Or how do I check that I can? I tried searching for this file or a how-to but nothing came up with a straight answer. Anybody actually updated BIOS give me a pointer?

update the bios in the bios itself, the driver is a windows thing that you need if you wat to update with the windows utility, just disregard.

B450-F made my computer super comfy

Attached: Screenshot_1.png (1920x1080, 2.13M)

wallpaper please

It's my own modified version of an image

Search for "Aenami" if you want the original colors

Attached: edit321dwq - Copy.jpg (3840x2160, 457K)

I actually have the purple colored intersection wallpaper on my Windows machine; Aenami is a nice artist.

Thanks, I just updated from a 3.2 to 3.21 bios.
I could have gone to 3.4 but anything beyond 3.21 was for the Ryzen 3000 series stuff which I only have a 2600x

Thanks

my Bazooka V2 is doing fine though

blyat

>he doesn't use the GOAT combo MSI B450 Gaming Pro Carbon AC with an R7 2700x

YIKES!

Attached: 1476152846225.gif (330x312, 1.28M)

>R7 2700x
Literally unnecessary for gaming.
also
>MSI

>he thinks using unnecessary expensive things for gaming is bad

Real gamers buy the top end parts and make sure it has RGB on everything.

Attached: 1538781078371.jpg (870x960, 512K)

>gaming
What about us who want the faster compile times that you get from having more threads?

Attached: 1479523130416.png (450x720, 400K)

Clearly you are trolling

Glad I could help.

Some of us use MORE than 1 poorfag monitor and also enjoy streaming or watching twitch and running multiple applications while gayming thus buying expensive CPU's are not a waste.

>Theres a reason MSI is making MAX boards with updated 32MB chips

not carbon though, it doesn have any issues so it doesnt need new version

The issue was the small bios memory. You can change the chip yourself if you know how to use a soldering iron.

Carbon has Intel LAN and the no-frills click bios is better than the usual zoomer-tier shit they usually use.

I imagine the people who actually need that setup aren't the ones blasting other user's for having lower spec'd processors that they don't need