ThinkPads are high quali-

>ThinkPads are high quali-

Attached: downncl1srf11.jpg (4032x3024, 1.03M)

Other urls found in this thread:

reddit.com/r/thinkpad/comments/549qi4/so_i_bought_stickers_for_my_worn_out_glossy_x220/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

the don't come pre-installed with that
this must be b8

Look at the keys

clean them that happens on every keyboard

looks like some retarded american forgot to wash his hand after eating Doritos

>happens on every keyboard
LMAO this shit even happened on the T60. Pic related.
Just wipe away the plastic wearing down, that'll fix it :-)

Attached: img_3066.jpg (799x480, 70K)

>Every keyboard starts to wear down after a few years of use
>Just look at old IBM and Cherry keyboards they always have shiny plastic keys with missing letters
This is how delusional these people are.

Attached: t420s-keyboard-wear.jpg (1587x1080, 751K)

Attached: businesslaptops-lowres-E490keyboard.jpg (636x424, 117K)

This ONLY happens when you literally smother your ThinkPad in burger grease. It is impossible that this is mechanical wearing of the plastic from repeated used, it can ONLY be explained by grease somehow making the plastic shiny through a chemical interaction.

Attached: jjyxks5hflkwanvfhq6m.jpg (1200x675, 148K)

These laptops are built like a tank, you could kill someone with this keyboard that's IBM quality

Attached: NzUwNDBiMzVkMDllNTU2Y2I3ZjM3YmEzNDJhMzhiMjFCDgrfQo1ioF8pAEU3Y_UUaHR0cDovL21lZGlhLmFkc2ltZy5jb20vMzQ0 (700x525, 71K)

My thinkpad doesn't have this problem.
Because i was my hands.
Retarded Americans need to fix their diet so their sweat doesn't corrode plastic.

See when you have grease it magically infuses itself in the plastic and makes it shiny. That's not a sign of mechanical wear, like you'd get from polishing something with repeated rubbing, it can ONLY be explained by bacon grease and burgers.
If you disagree you're an Apple shill and you should kys

Attached: ITEM-47199047.jpg (500x434, 33K)

i had a thinkpad for 3 days and i'm autistic about keeping my hands clean and it was already making stains like that on the plastic and no they did not come out by wiping it down

There is no such thing is a high quality plastic that holds up to years of use, literally every keyboard ever created will wear and have its letters disappear over time, including double shot key caps.
If you just wipe your hands down you will NEVER have this problem because the problem TOTALLY isn't about cheap plastic wearing down, it's ONLY because Americans LITERALLY take burgers and smother them on the keyboard before eating them. Like dipping a corn dog in a vat of catsup.

Attached: DSC00120.jpg (630x419, 72K)

notice how all of these images have the american keyboard layout
lmao
dumb fatass americans

you're an alien if your fingertips don't naturally release oils.

>trackpad
and nothing of value was lost

This LITERALLY only happens to Americans. It has NEVER been documented anywhere else and it's IMPOSSIBLE that it's cheap plastic. If you think otherwise you're just an Apple shill

Attached: numlck-keys.jpg (320x200, 21K)

You must be an American if you think it's normal for your fingers to sweat burger and bacon grease. After all that's the only explanation for why ThinkPad keyboards do this when other business laptops don't.

Attached: us3twvo5lc121.jpg (3024x4032, 1.09M)

epic cope dumb burger
go wash your hands

FAT AMERICAN SWEAT BURGER BACON GREASE

I'm not coping, I'm defending the ThinkPad from these fat greasy fucks who are making the brand look bad. It's impossible that Lelnovo is just using cheap plastic knowing retards will buy it up and call it "indestructible"

Attached: B-Shiny-Keys-Genuine-Lenovo-Thinkpad-L460-US.jpg (400x300, 18K)

I don't have this problem because i have very dry skin.
Z61t going over 13 years now and all the keys look the same.
Palm rests as well, there's more wear on the plastic along the edge from the lid when it's closed than there is from finger oils.

Wash your hands

what was the fucking point of making this thread?

I'm defending ThinkPad, the highest quality (non-ruggedized) laptops you can get.
ThinkPads are known for their legendary quality and legendary keyboards.

Attached: 8YY7ghMh.jpg (1024x683, 138K)

Moisturize, dry skin is disgusting

Bacon grease makes plastics shiny and smooth to the touch. There's no such thing as mechanical wear, and the word "polishing" is an Apple meme.

Attached: z8fiwqk2kg421.jpg (1200x628, 144K)

If you wash your hands, it magically makes it so your fingers don't wear down plastic anymore.
Fun fact, you can turn any matte screen into a glossy screen with bacon grease and burgers. It's important you use both forms of grease, as that's the American method.

Attached: Genuine-Lenovo-ThinkPad-X240-X250-Keyboard-04Y0900-Grade.jpg (400x300, 32K)

I for one embrace the wear, tear, and shimmer of skin oil. It means it actually gets used, foh lil zoomie.

Attached: CB6440E2-4BBB-43C5-8569-051F88961794.jpg (4032x3024, 2.61M)

The bacon wear is part of the character zoomers wouldn't understand.
Pic related, SOUL vs SOULLESS

Attached: maxresdefault.jpg (1280x720, 102K)

can some eurofag post their thinkpad

I have light psoriasis, I can't make my skin not dry

This is a feature

Get raped and kill yourself, you retarded fucking fagot sack of nigger shit with down syndrome.

reddit.com/r/thinkpad/comments/549qi4/so_i_bought_stickers_for_my_worn_out_glossy_x220/

Oops, I posted a link to reddit. I must be an Apple shill.

Attached: selection.jpg (1382x1188, 802K)

>ThinkPads are known for their legendary quality and legendary keyboards.
The "legends" were based on the Thinkpads made by Lenovo under contract to IBM. IBM kept QA on them.
Once Lenovo bought the Thinkpad name from IBM the quality took a dive. First to go were the FlexView displays. Then the IBM hard drives.
Before long the Thinkpad was just a rebadged generic Lenovo in a black case.
Why did IBM sell off its PC division? Simply, IBM never made a profit on PCs. The only way Lenovo could make money was to reduce quality and exploit the Thinkpad brand.

>This only affects new ThinkPa-

Attached: img_4285b.jpg (800x489, 121K)

Shit lighting but it's still greasy after cleaning it. Euros ITT need to shut the fuck up.

Attached: IMG_20190818_004406.jpg (2976x3968, 1.81M)

>highest quality

Aye. I've had my X220 about 7 years. It has a cracked bezel up the top, I've lost the TrackPoint centre button while hoovering the keyboard, replaced the screen twice, replaced the charging port, dropped it more times than I can count (including down a small flight of stairs) and it's had a multitude of operating systems installed.

All the damage was self inflicted through stupidity / laziness and I have never had a single hardware failure.

wash your hands and ass dumb american.

>The "legends" were based on the Thinkpads made by Lenovo under contract to IBM. IBM kept QA on them.

Attached: ab30aca498c74c06a63b71aec5f161bc.jpg (600x800, 60K)

Abusing your laptop builds character, which helps keeps the bacon grease from chemically infusing into the plastic and making it magically shiny

Attached: yivtjgt7uoyxiebfkgcx.jpg (1600x900, 241K)

That machine it's 7 years old now

Thibkpads by lenovo are actually shit and i am sorry if you got memed into obr

This keyboard made by IBM is 30 years old

Attached: hacks_post-9089-0-59805300-1394532572.jpg (800x532, 76K)

Yes, and it has been sitting in a box in 30 years because it's new old stock.

On a side note, that laptop must have usually been used with an external mouse. The trackpad gets even shinier than the keys with prolonged use.

Attached: Screenshot_20190817_180742.jpg (1080x1217, 273K)

Show me a Model M that is shiny like ThinkPad keyboards
Even abused ones don't do that

Attached: FYH716LJ97LGF47.jpg (1926x1604, 311K)

retard

epic

This will come as a surprise to you, but your skin produces natural oils, even on your fingers.

>not taking joy in how worn your devices get

Attached: AMMK 2.jpg (1600x1200, 265K)

What exactly is wrong with sweating bacon and burger grease? Are yuropoors having to resort to eating bugs like a bunch of niggers already?

Attached: 1542502397676.jpg (4160x3120, 1009K)

>there are anons that dont eat while using computer

Never gonna experience comfy huh?

Attached: fat pepe.jpg (600x419, 19K)

My hands are always clean and my think pad keyboard is worn down too. It also doesn't have a capslock light. Still easier to type on but those two things kinda level it off.

That is not worn, that is filthy.

This is worn.

Attached: lapmytouchpadnow.jpg (1920x1280, 583K)

No, that's bacon grease

Yes, a layer so thick that it covers the white markings on the scroll bar area completely. Here's a picture from a year prior or so.

Attached: nx9420oldkaps.jpg (1024x683, 188K)

Some varnish woupd make that look nice

I'm dreading the day that rubberized coating on the lid of my T430 starts disintegrating or turns into a sticky mess.

>plastic wearing down
You mean polishing it

Its a badge of honor

>convex domes
>flat stickers
???
What's wrong with glossy keys, anyways?
Also, please stay in plebbit if you're going to double space your posts. Thanks.

It would happen to macbook keyboards if they lasted that long

God, I had a Dell XT3 that had all the keys rubbed off

>domes
um, user, are you blind?

I'm not sure if this is bait, but if it isn't:
This man has never heard of plastic other than ABS. UHMW Polyethylene is used in high wear industrial settings like fucking machine bearings and hydraulics and lasts years, you think some nerd rubbing it with his finger for a few hours a day will do anything? It is reasonable to buy near indestructible keycaps molded from PBT that will last for literal decades of use with minimal wear, like on the Model M.

Wash your hands retard, I've never seen this happen in 5+ years of usage

This type of shiny key wearing happens on every thinkpad. Something to do with the type of plastic they use.

Mine looks like that. The shiny part is worn down plastic.

You're a fucking retard ThinkPads use the highest quality plastic, they're KNOWN for their LEGENDARY quality you fucking Apple shill

So where do you get your chinkpad batteries from? Are all t440 batteries marked as new fakes? Do they even still make them?

I have a used but i clean my shit and dont operate on it with greasy fingers.

>Not using a power brick
ThinkPads are for work, they're not tablets.

>you can only work next to a power outlet
Isn't this what laptops are for or are you just purposely being a shitsniffing retard?

Did your macbook break down or something and that's why keep posting ITT?
Seethe more. Hating on ThinkPads won't make your laptop any better shill.

Attached: tumblr_olgkmojsIs1tydz8to1_400.gif (400x400, 155K)

t440 external batteries are very widely available
the internal one is rarer

I like worn keys. It's like a trophy for how long you've been hunched over a computer, typing.

I guess ThinkPads use ABS plastic for the keys. Cheap and easy to work with, and durable. It is sensitive to oils, though. PBT plastic is used on some keyboards (mainly mechanical), which is more resilient to oil, but is more expensive to work with.

PBT keycaps go smooth too, they just take longer. It's pretty unavoidable.

It happens a lot worse on Macbooks.

Attached: macbook_keyboard_worn_2016_drhvx.jpg (480x640, 71K)

unironically no, this isnt what laptops are for. I love long battery life for peace of mind but really the battery only needs to last long enough to be unplugged for a presentation or meeting. Most are docked 99% of the time.

disgusting fat cunt detected

>You're a fucking retard ThinkPads use the highest quality plastic, they're KNOWN for their LEGENDARY quality you fucking Apple shill
Maybe in the 90s. Anything from mid-2000s till today uses recycled plastic.

Fuck off Apple shill it's obvious you're just here to shit post. You probably consume bacon grease raw and that's why you think it's normal for plastic to get all shiny.

Bug eating nigger detected

modern thinkpad keys are like that too, if you order the backlit keyboards.
The black layer is just paint.