Shit like this should seriously be illegal

Shit like this should seriously be illegal
How is it any different than scammers scamming old people?

Attached: Screenshot_20190818-103901.png (1080x2280, 559K)

Who are the zoomer newfags getting upset at this? This is business as usual, its been like this with low end cards since forever. Anyone who buys on model number alone is a retard, so worst case scenario its a tax on the stupid. There's no inherent claim of a certain level of performance from a model number

>it's okay when amd does it

nvidia did this multiple times with the same card at one point. it's for oems who want a new model number for bullshit.

OP is a zoomer retard, Holly shit.
It's not AMDs fault but rather the oems.
Oems want sell their new lineup with new generation hardware, so they force amd to rebrand 500 series to call the new lineup 600.

>it's okay when companies fuck over non experts
I hope they put enriched uranium in your bread and call it "whole grain"

>I have no obligation to do any research myself and I should just be able to take big daddy corporation at face value
It would take you under a minute to figure out what these cards, if that's too much then I have absolutely zero sympathy for you being an impulse buying moron.

Not sure how this is "fucking over" people if the new cards are cheaper and thus offer more performance per dollar. If I was literally renaming 580 to 680 and keeping the same price then, yeah, it's BS and should be illegal.

Imagine defending an inherently dishonest tactic by a multi billion dollar company with the sole purpose of scamming people, because of a perceived superiority to said people

Faggot op.
Those are for oems and are not going to appear on the shelves.
This is a move that oems ask vendors to do in order to attract customers.
Do you know what's scamming?
Selling the 1060 6gb with a more powerful gpu and selling the 1060 with a shitty gpu with way less cores and letting idiots think that the only difference is just the vram.

Attached: 111.jpg (881x862, 86K)

How is it dishonest tho?

It's got nothing to do with superiority. You should always do research before any major purchase in life. If you don't, you're probably stupid and its your own fault since the information is not obscured or unavailable at all (the way, say, 3.5gb vram 970 info was not when the card launched). The performance and technical information of the cards are wide open and can be accessed by anybody with an internet connection. If that's your idea of 'scamming' then you obviously live somewhere where actual scamming is uncommon.

It’s only a scam if they claim higher performance or different specs then what you actually receive.

You deserve to be scammed out of everything including your organs if you think that bigger number = more performance.

God AMDrones are retarded.

>nvidia haven't done the exact same thing

So fucking what?

it's for OEM only
doesn't matter much

Then it isn't 'amdrone'. This is the norm for the GPU industry as a whole and you have to be new to be surprised by it.

No, the AMDrones are the ones who defend it.

this, OEM wants newer number, makes them feel good

dumb phoneposter

Best thing is - Same fucking thing is going to happen to Navi.
AdoredTV predicted this for Poolaris despise being an AMD shill.
When your first gen GPUs draw 20% more power than Nvidia's high end there is very little room for improvement unless you have enough money to do drastic changes to architecture like Nvidia did with Pascal and AMD simply doesn't have that sort of money.

Expect 5800, 5900 followed by 6800/6900 and 7800 and 7900 all within 5% performance and price margins.

This industry is so awful. How much can you milk this bullshit? By the way this happens because of grown men playing video games. Normal users don’t even use half of the technology these products have.

>it's okay when intel does it
>it's okay when nvidia does it
>it's okay when apple does it
>it's not okay when amd does it

>milk
And how exactly? Do you really, personally, with your tiny underdeveloped brain think that anyone in the universe will upgrade his radeon 500 series card to an OEM 600 series card? It's even more ridiculous that you think it's even possible - because they aren't even fucking being sold to customers.
Cards get rebranded all the time because dies get new steppings, memory is replaced with a more recent one, bios is updated, issues (if there were any) are fixed, manufacturing is advancing (hurr durr 2070 super is a 2070 rebrand!!!). Cards need to be rebranded for customer to not get scammed and buy a prebuilt pc with a modern product instead of outdated piece of hardware that was gathering dust in some remote warehouse.

>tfw high IQ RX 480 8gb owner
the fucking warranty will soon run out and I'll be able to repaste it without fucking myself over

>Techspot
>OH ITS AMD UNB-
>some literal who Aussie calling AyyyMD out

That guy is going to get fired by AMD Unboxed.

>(((isaiah)))

Does it support any updated instruction sets?
If so then it has a purpose, if not then yeah it's just a scam.

Ultra-low end GPUs still have a use, a relatively niche one these days to be sure but it exists nonetheless, so people are always happy to see a revisions with new features even if they don't have any improved performance.

If nvidia did a 2010 i'd be all over that to replace my 710.

>I have no obligation to do any research myself and I should just be able to take big daddy corporation at face value
That's exactly how it should be. They should be forced to be honest and hide nothing.