4K monitor

So I brought a monitor recently but when I plug it into my laptop there is no such option as 4K. The highest resolution is 1920x1080. I am using windows 8.1. What should I do?

Attached: 1565914445215.jpg (900x1199, 351K)

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/HDMI
monitortests.com/forum/Thread-NVIDIA-Pixel-Clock-Patcher
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

bump

GPU???

chink monitor

Do you have a GPU that supports 4k you utter clot

lol it's not a 4K monitor then

intel(r) hd graphics 4000

GeForce GT 740M

i7-3632qm

it is. It worked on PS4pro

lg 32ud59

>I am using windows 8.1.

Attached: lol.jpg (750x421, 32K)

Could be the cable too, if its HDMI1.1 or something. If you have DP out on your laptop that could solve your problem

what should I use instead?

I have like 3 different cables so I am trying all combinations of them and DPs. So far ist not working.

I am from /ic/ btw. I can draw something for you if you someone will be able to solve this out

Attached: 1549855476251.jpg (1920x2144, 1.08M)

Maybe your laptop doesn't support 4k, try checking the user manual, also you may try to check if there's a bios update to fix 4k support, check your laptop's bios changelogs and see if there's some entry about 4k or resolution.

>740M
Apparently it doesn't support 4K at 60Hz, try setting the refresh rate to 30 and see if the 4K Option becomes available.
Also make sure you actually use a cable with supports, see:
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/HDMI
At the very least you need a HDMI 1.3 connection, which you GPU should support (it has a HDMI 1.4 port) but most definitely not at 60 Hz without some subsampling, which you probably do not want.

Not your personal tech support

Thanks for your effort and ideas, but it really seems that my laptop simply cannot 4K. It's model from 2013.

Thx for the bump

>but it really seems that my laptop simply cannot 4K.
I wasn't guessing, according to Wikipedia the 740M supports 4K at 30Hz over HDMI
1.3 and 4K at 60Hz over Display port 1.2.

By everything that I have seen your Laptop SHOULD support it over both HDMI and Displayport, at 30Hz at least.

Ok, but HOW should I activate it?

Try display port

manually change the refresh rate to 30hz, then look again in either Nvidia control panel, or windows display settings, to see if it allows for 4k.

Attached: 2019-08-18 11_10_57.png (406x423, 23K)

I dont have aproper cable. I will try to buy one tonight.

Ive tried this but its nothing. Or do you think that I should reset a laptop after the change? I am not sure when there is need for the restet. I feel really autistic. Thanks for the help guys

Attached: 1566074739512.jpg (1000x834, 414K)

Jow Forums is not your tech support, fuck off

Ivd offered a drawing as a repay for solution.. Nothing is for free.

A work as an illustrator. Ive spend all my live drawing. Thats the rason that I suck at Jow Forums, no reason to be so mean

>I am using windows 8.1. What should I do?
Use a better laptop with a better OS. Windows can't do anything with more than 1366x768 on laptops

Thanks for the painting of Remedio Varo The creation of the birds (sauce are extra tips in case of Jow Forums helpdesk use)

I am planing to boy a PC in 2020. What os is the best for photoshop and stalker games? (less crashing the better)

Attached: 1565552025583.jpg (1070x1423, 1.87M)

it's probably your HDMI cable you need 2.0 version and most are 1.2

I have 3 different cables. There are no tags on them. Hoc can I tell wich one is the one? Two are silver and one is gold. But again. No implicatons of class. I can go brougt a new one thougt

>games
Windows 10 (pro or not)
And wait for the full Linux compatibilities to make the switch
>Photoshop
For work or hobby ? Try to switch to a more free or pay2own software like clip studio or fire alpaca or kitra

use the display port on your laptop

I am working exculsivly in photoshop. And work is a priority for me. I talk to guy from my core company last year and he said thet mist stabil os for photoshop is mac. Irony. But what if

not sure. But even it's a low spec cable you should still be able to run 4k at 30fps so it might be a gpu problem. Search your gpu model or laptop and 4k in a good engine (not duckduckgo) and there's probably other people with the same issue

What specific cable do I need for it? I live 2 block from electro shop. So I will let you konw. Prices are around 4 euros

monitortests.com/forum/Thread-NVIDIA-Pixel-Clock-Patcher
Try this one too. It might work but I do not promise.

Maybe that I don't have the lasted updates for graphic card or whatever? I've tried to play hl2 today but after 5 minutes it starts lagging like hell. Same thing with Crysis1 and Tomb rider 3 after 4 restarts. I think my laptop might be broken.

photopea is a pretty good ps clone, too bad it's in js
photopea.com