Is MX Linux moving to systemd?

Is MX Linux moving to systemd?

Attached: Logo-MX_big.png (1200x1200, 7K)

Other urls found in this thread:

mxlinux.org/blog/about-mx-19-and-systemd/
distrowatch.com/table.php?distribution=mx
mxlinux.org/wiki/applications/snap-packages-and-mx-linux/
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Forgot link:

mxlinux.org/blog/about-mx-19-and-systemd/

Its already using it

why does it matter? systemd doesnt follow the unix philosophy so what? Its a dated idea that has no real consequences

Because Dumbest Generation heard about "UNIX PHILOSOPHY" one time and decided that they are going to blindly love it against all common sense and logic.
You know, like everything Dumbest Generation does.

what a dumb pair of posts. neither of you are programmers.

mx is systemd based.
distrowatch.com/table.php?distribution=mx
see devuan or antiX for systemD free debian based distros.
it's bait
newfag

>NOOOOOOOOOOO DONT USE SYSTEMD IT DOESN'T FOLLOW THE UNIX PHILOSOPHY

Attached: 1562933966761.png (785x1000, 254K)

Is there an Alpine equivalent with systemd?

The point is "do one thing and do it well". If you don't, there's more chance of breakage. Very simple.

>systemdless Debian knockoff switches to systemd, removing its last justification of existence

systemd and flatpak are welcome. Unix is inherently flawed.

I'm using linux mx.
I couldn't install snap because I don't have full systemd.
I also had to download the driver for my printer even though in ubuntu it was plug and play.
Also my hdmi cable couldn't connect to my tv and I can't help but wonder if the lack of systemd had something to do with it.

>I couldn't install snap because I don't have full systemd.

I had no idea that snap packages were dependent on systemd.

yes see
mxlinux.org/wiki/applications/snap-packages-and-mx-linux/

No

It's already in there. Only a matter of time.

Nobody really cares about the "Unix Philosophy".
Systemd is a Redhat/IBM move to take control and ownership over the Linux userland.
This so blatant that only systemd users are too stupid to recognize what game is played here.

Go back to Windows! And don't forget to dilate!

>it doesn't follow Unix philosophy so I will suck Lennart's pencildick until the day I die

>flatpak are welcome.
>600MB to download for use a 20 MB program.

I only use that shit if there is really no option left.

flatpak is fucking terrible. loads 1gb+ of different dependency versions for each program. for example if you're on xfce and load the telegram flatpak you load 1.2gb of kde deps because that's what it was built on. then other programs need a different version number of kde deps, or various versions of gtk libs. It's a mess

>Nobody really cares about the "Unix Philosophy".

If this were true, Devuan wouldn't be a thing, Gentoo wouldn't be a thing, any systemd-less distro wouldn't be a thing.
Debian's decision to go to systemd resulted in a controversy so big it caused a big uproar and a split in the community. Don't try to downplay its drama by pretending real unix is dead. Systemd is a cancer and anyone who actually programs or even does administrative work knows exactly why.

Attached: D1XK8nk.gif (426x284, 3.99M)

yeah exactly. Plus the crap mentioned on flatkill.org but the memory and disk use is the worst

anti-systemd tards wake and realize systemd isn't bad at all.

>there's nothing wrong with systemd guys!

>unix is deprecated! systemd is so much better!

Attached: 1526646450064.png (1280x2084, 619K)

When I finally used it I was like: "Oh yeah, it is really that bad!"

The hate for systemd is tangential to an adherence of the Unix philosophy.

Unix philosophy is retarded delusion that only makes sense within very specific contexts. Most of the time it's impossible to say where the scope of one tool begins and the other ends.

Anyone caring at all about unix uses bsd. Unix is long dead.

>systemd totally isn't a cancer guys!
Systemd developer asks tmux to add systemd specific code

Attached: systemd-tmux.png (1906x9323, 1.09M)

come home white man

Attached: IllumosPhoenixRGB.png (128x166, 4K)

>Most of the time it's impossible to say where the scope of one tool begins and the other ends.

Actually, it's pretty easy.
>Expect the output of every program to become the input to another, as yet unknown, program.

It's simple, elegant, and straightforward.

Nah you're just a brainlet

The problem with systemd is that the developers try to invert their workload onto their community so that if they fuck up, everyone else has to "fix" their shit (which really just means making a dependency of systemd). Case in point: systemd has a history of doing this. This is why they are hated. Their UI may be nice, but their implementation sucks balls and destroys the very thing the unix philosophy intends to uphold: modularity between programs. So that if program X is broken you can use a drop-in replacement Y. Don't like i3? Use DWM. Don't like DWM? Use cinnamon. This *is* the unix philosophy. Systemd is a monolith that tries to consume everything in such a way that you cannot replace it. That is also why it gets so much hate, and justifiably so. For this reason, any sane developer with any respect for either the community or the history of *NIX will avoid it.

MX already ships with systemd, it just uses sysvinit by default instead.

what are we left with

>BSDs
>gentoo
>Illumos and Solaris forks
>Void

what else?

Shit distros and OSes that can't deal with fucking progress.

dilate

Usually if they go through the trouble of doing stuff like replacing libc with musl they also avoid systemd.

>see devuan or antiX for systemD free debian based distros.
devuan is good if you want stinky old debian without pristine loveable systemd. I haven't looked into antiX.

But you should embrace systemd, user, it is the best init system!

Devuan
Artix
Hyperbola
Parabola

>le unix philosophy meme
literally the most brainlet anti systemd "argument"
I can't believe people keep unironically bringing it up, it's pretty much become a joke at this point ()
honestly makes me think it's just a bunch of shitposters or false flaggers trying to discredit valid concerns regarding systemd

Alpine
Crux
PCLinuxOS
Puppy
Salix
Slackware

Holy shit

I always read about how popular MX Linux is, but this is the first time I've ever seen people actually talk about it

>Slackware
Based!

>But you should embrace systemd, user, it is the best init system!
i'm a common user, the simplicity of runit/sysV is enough.