How the fuck am I to solder a capacitor to a mobo? There's like 0 fucking room in-between them

How the fuck am I to solder a capacitor to a mobo? There's like 0 fucking room in-between them

Attached: 1564042734952.png (1153x1015, 208K)

skill

very carefully

I don't think my iron can even fit, do I just have to make it look retarded with long wires or something?

When the only tool you have is a hammer, everything looks like a nail. Get the right tool or don't fuck with things.

>I don't think my iron can even fit
solder paste and hot air gun

wtf how much that shit cost
im just trying to replace a bulged cap from an am2 board spending anything more than like 5 bux defeats the purpose

more than 5 bux i can tell you that

that's bullshit
do you need all the capacitors on your mobo

I've been using a 8 dollar soldering "station" fr 4 years now, works great and does everything.
Must have done like 12 surface mount capacitor recaps with that thing already.

You get better tools for better money, but don't overpay when you don't have to.

Got a pic OP? I'd suggest a T80 or T100 soldering iron, fairly cheap and I can solder tiny wires on my drone, I'm sure you can do the same on a mobo. Also they're temperature controlled so you wont easily damage other parts when working. And if the regular iron is too big there are other heads to can attach.

You don't, most components on printed circuit boards are micro-soldered on by robots. It's not meant to be replaceable. Buy a new motherboard.

Louis would like to have a work with you.

Solder it from the underside of the board, you dingus.

Yeah well I saw some posts on Tom's hardware that said you fucks are wrong and that I can do this shit with an iron

Amazon link pls

Don't cut the capacitor leads before inserting it?

It's not fucking rocket science.

Bitches love big irons, the small dinky ones don't have any thermal mass and cool down as soon as you make contact with the joint

If it's an electrolytic cap loads of those bitches are through hole and it's stupid easy to pull off. If you need tools use solder tweezers my dude.

Attached: 62ead9f.jpg (480x480, 45K)

That's what you get for having dumb nigger hands

Not so much the pulling out bit I'm worried about moreso putting another one on

If you're worried about it, practice on boards that were made for it.

Plus most caps in a digital circuit will be decoupling, it probably will work just fine without the cap desu. Could boot up and see if it's buggy - won't do any damage to your computer.

Ive turned it on and it's worked fine, dunno if the cap is completely dead yet though. Seems like it, bulged and had some fluid at top

You defs want to remove that cap.

But the capacitor might not be necessary. Capacitance between supply and ground pins through the fr4 might be enough to filter out any HF noise. Remove the cap and see if it boots.

>micro-soldered on by robots.
they're placed by robots, but soldered in a wave soldering machine, which is exactly what it sounds like

I was planning on using this comp for a shitty low-end build I'd sell/give to a friend so even if it booted without I'd feel bad abt possible instability

dat me on the right.

I gud solder.

Let's start from the bottom, what tools do you actually got besides an apperantly basedkaf iron?