Previous thread:
>Read
>GNU/Linux questions?
>PC building?
>Programming questions?
>Good, cheap, laptops?
>Cheap electronics?
>Buying headphones?
>How to activate any version of Windows?
>Where can I get Win 7 or LTSC?
pastebin.com/smjvLZN4
pastebin.com/quC0gz4j
pastebin.com/gHCCFBkt

Attached: sqt.jpg (700x990, 496K)

Other urls found in this thread:

stackoverflow.com/a/9240969
samsclub.com/p/wisenet-4-channel-wifi-1080p-nvr-surveillance-system-samsung/prod22273826?xid=plp_product_1_16
microsoft.com/en-us/language/Terminology?rtc=1
microsoft.com/en-us/language
amazon.de/gp/product/B06XNN23KL/ref=ox_sc_act_title_1?smid=A3JWKAKR8XB7XF&psc=1
xda-developers.com/how-to-enable-system-wide-immersive-mode-without-root/
android.gadgethacks.com/how-to/get-immersive-mode-quick-settings-tile-any-nougat-device-no-root-needed-0177342/
archiveteam.org/index.php?title=Jow
github.com/friendlyanon/Jow
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Ayyyy, I love me some NoTre.

How long before decent 1440p60 gaming is relatively affordable?

Currently, I am interested in buying ThinkPad A485 (Full HD, 8 GB RAM, Ryzen 2500u). Will it be enough for AutoCad? I can get one for $650 (Europe).
>Are ThinkPads worth their price? I could get a laptop with a dedicated GPU for that price but I don't intend to play AAA titles on it. I have a GTX 1060 in my PC anyway. Do they come with any bloatware or any additional software?

Does anyone use privacy.com? Are they legit? There's something I need to buy that I can't let anyone know that I have, because although not illegal yet, it probably will be.

Is there any way to get a hackentosh to work on a rtx gpu?

The thing about autocad on a laptop is you'll really, really need that middle click to act like a middle click on a mouse. You have to be able to middle click and drag to pan.
Thinkpads do have bloat, as does any laptop, but you can remove the lenovo bloat at least. It's nothing that microsoft's bloat doesn't do already. If there was expensive proprietary software preinstalled, it would tell you.
What they do do, however, is last a really long time with few issues.
>posted from my L440 that I got five years ago

how do I use reflection to avoid this?
Collections.addAll(new ArrayList(), new Aardvark(), new Ape());

Attached: 1518030863668.jpg (211x239, 6K)

>have c_uint16 in python
>Need to extract first five, second five, and third five bits to obtain color values (RBG). It's 16bit color. Last bit determines if a pixel is transparent.
How do I do this? I've tried &'ing with a bit mask, but it causes an error.

INB4
>>Python
>That was your first mistake.

What are you trying to do?

I want to find all classes which extend the Mammal class at runtime, and instantiate them only if they are derivatives of Mammal

I recently installed LTSC on a brand new drive and enabled bitlocker (no TPM). I have an issue regular crashes and I just want to reinstall the entire OS fresh

Can I just format the drive through the windows installer, considering the drive is encrypted?

Goodness, how would anyone have ever figured that out without context.
Your first question just looks like you have no idea what you're doing.
People please, learn how to ask question and add crucial information, so it doesn't have to be pulled bit by bit out of your nose.

stackoverflow.com/a/9240969

>Reposting this here with an update
I was thinking of upgrading but here's the deal: I built my first PC less than a year ago and I wasn't planning it for gaming (hence why I just got the R5 2400G APU), then the two game deal from AMD surprised me, so I got an RX 570 (could only afford that one at the time) and by now I've almost completely switched to PC gaming and I might jump ship from consoles entirely.

Since then, I bought more RAM and a new power supply. The issue I have is that games like Hitman 2016 and Dishonored 2* (especially the latter) can't hold 60fps at 1080p on medium or even low settings. I also plan on getting Cyberpunk 2077 which will most certainly require even better hardware.

So I was wondering where I can go from here. Should I upgrade to a slightly better build now, but have to upgrade again for next gen games (that really wouldn't be an ideal solution and I want to avoid that, I'd prefer to just get a PS5 at that point), or attempt to futureproof with a much better CPU and GPU, so I can at least play future games @1080/60 with medium settings years from now (I'm not that interested in stuff like Raytracing either unless it becomes a mandatory feature somehow)? Should I just stick with the bad performance for now and wait until the Ryzen 4000 series and RX 5800?

*I got a pretty significant improvement in Dishonored 2 from OC'ing my cpu (changed to 3900mhz on the BIOS), but its temperature goes up to +75º ingame (temps while browsing the internet and idle seem to remain the same as before). Is that okay? Can I also just leave the voltage setting in Auto?

Attached: 1566132418738.png (709x517, 117K)

should I get a new battery?

Attached: 1565985863700.jpg (1512x1512, 1018K)

>jdownload
>needs captcha
>open in browser
>firefox window is already open cannot open a new one close old one
HOW THE FUCKING SHIT DO I MAKE IT OPEN A NEW TAB IN AN EXISTING WINDOW
REEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

I need a camera for my front door so I can see if it's another shitty door salesman or something actual important. I need video to PC/Android and maybe audio but not important. It doesn't need to something like Ring that is an alternative to the doorbell itself, I just need a camera that has decent quality.

Anything you can recommend that is wireless?

I have a mac hard drive that my uncle forgot the password to, and he wants some files from it, what would be the best way to do this?

I know how to do this via ubuntu (in oracle VM), mounting the drive with a usb adapter I have, but it's too slow and I'm not even sure if I'm actually changing the permission on the files or not.

Is the disk encrypted?

my friend bought this recently
samsclub.com/p/wisenet-4-channel-wifi-1080p-nvr-surveillance-system-samsung/prod22273826?xid=plp_product_1_16
no idea if it's overpriced, where you could get it outside of sam's club, or if it's secure or not; but it works great, has all the features you would need. hope that helps.

no, it's just a standard mac os with a password on the profile.
fyi the imac it was on doesn't work, so I have to use it on my windows 7 pc.

I had to cobble one into a Linux box which was the only thing that recognized it to get files off while keeping it from dying in the process. Then just copy to windows which doesn't give a fuck about permissions.

i'm get linux running on an old galaxy tab 2 using linux deploy but i keep getting the errors "graphics/vnc fail" and "desktop dbus fail". i have busybox installed and the PATH variable set to /system/xbin, and i've tried every distribution it lets me choose from. i don't know how else to troubleshoot it, how do i get this shit working?

Attached: 817tI2Q7HAL._SX425_[1].jpg (425x425, 17K)

ubuntu says I don't have permission for some of the folders

Root.

oh and also I still don't know how to mount the drive onto the virtual os, I've been googleing it for the past hour and I'm getting nowhere

My phone recently updated to Android 9.0 and now apps that used to hide the navbar don't. Some do, like the official youtube app, but others, like bromite, don't. Anyone know how to change this?

Attached: Screenshot_20190818-091441.png (2560x1440, 2.12M)

not sure what you mean by that. sorry, i'm dumb.

I've never run VMs but I did have to get a sandbox to recognize the drive first, which may not happen because windows is retarded. It may be better to boot into a flash drive.

tips on rar decryption?

what is good motivation for when you are regularly failing to get a job?

Attached: 1556917580591.gif (319x255, 263K)

You have to have superuser access. Opening up a terminal and typing "sudo rm -rf /" will give you root permission on the files.

hm. yeah I can do that. so from there I just move the files over from that drive onto another drive and I should be good? are there files on a mac os that can't be written to ntfs? cuse that's all I got.
I'm still trying to even figure out how to give the files to my uncle, like when I move the files from the mac drive to a windows drive, will that just wipe out the permissions and I can give them to my uncle on his mac?

why in the fuck are you watching other people play a children's card came?

Why the fuck are people watching other people chasing a ball for hours on TV?

who cares about crummy card games or balls when you could be watching pails of water!

Is there any way to get applications (especially firefox) and windows itself to look like old versions without using said versions? I have become fucking disgusted with the new design language but every single goddamn piece of software is adopting it. What do? Must I use insecure versions of shit?

ok, again like I said in will that just wipe out the permissions and I can give them to my uncle on his mac?

Based

Attached: 1556927937455.png (503x376, 221K)

It's fun

So my 4chanX header randomly turned into this. Did I hit a random hotkey?

Attached: 2fCdTVF.png (1897x34, 7K)

I know nothing about 4chanX but you could press every key and see if that makes it go away.

i have to learn the German vocab on the windows environment for a job. is there a way to extract it from the language packs?

t.linux user

Attached: tumblr_pt6kvl9jwZ1x35gg8o3_1280.png (1000x800, 218K)

Some time ago my laptop required a factory reset, it recovered well enough though now on some executables I get a "0x0000022" error.

Wondered if I am missing some c++ files, downloaded what I could find some were not available though.

I tried to run vcredist_arm but it tells me it's not a valid win32 executable.

Most curious thing that happened is that I am no longer able to copy files, the explorer crashes and then opens up again.

I already ran sfc scans, ran malwarebytes, tried to run it in safe mode but my laptop overheats in that state. I don't know what else to do

Please, anything helps.

Attached: Unbenannt.png (567x677, 93K)

You can download an XML file with the english, german and description of the fields.
microsoft.com/en-us/language/Terminology?rtc=1

The language portal also has a search.
microsoft.com/en-us/language

Hey im trying to run a bridged connection from my laptop to my desktop. im having problems because after a while the connection between my laptop and desktop will just cease. Its as if i have to wake up my laptop (open up the lid) to get a connection back. Ive tried setting dns to auto, set usb timeout to never in power settings, and just leaving the laptop lid open. any ideas on how i can fix this?

I'm tired of having to put in xinput disable 13 every time I turn on my thinkpad to disable finger touch. I've tried adding that to my xinitrc but it never worked. What can I do to disable finger touch every time I power this machine on?

>vcredist_arm
Dare I suggest to make sure that your computer has ARM processor?

If you have 'normal' intel or AMD, install vcredist_x86 for 32 Bit operating system (under 4 GB of RAM usually), or vcredist_x64 for 64 Bit operating system (RAM above 4 GB). How much ram, your system's bit amount and if it's ARM or not can be viewed in My Computer system information section.

Looking at your screenshot, you have a 'normal' Intel processor, 4 GB of Ram and 64 Bit System. Please install vcredist_x64.exe instead of vcredist_arm. vcredist_arm is for shitty mobile processors.

Why does something always happen

Attached: something happened.png (1230x844, 43K)

If you've optimized your usb for max power, all the time, never sleep, try with/out offloading. or another driver maybe. and make sure PC power plan set to 'High performance'.

Attached: 1533154482332.jpg (658x960, 47K)

bump, please help

Attached: obese1.png (1076x1228, 99K)

>What is the problem
>Gather information
>attempt to fix based on ur data
>Try again

Attached: 1536265036418.jpg (680x662, 34K)

Cocaine

Reinstall apps.
Wait for updates.

>Event log for better description
>Elaborate, show whats failing
>Google

McDonald's.

people aren't machines

yeah that didn't work. it says "cannot remove ... : read-only file system"

amazon.de/gp/product/B06XNN23KL/ref=ox_sc_act_title_1?smid=A3JWKAKR8XB7XF&psc=1

Is this really a mispriced 3440x1440 screen or I am just getting a 1080 one?
€630 for a 120hz 1440 ultrawide is quite nice desu. Even though it looks ugly af

do you have a legal version of windows or is it cracked?

they say you need a vpn for torrenting safely, so how do i pirate if i cant afford one?

Can someone reccomend a script or tool for archiving threads?

I got u senpai.

Basically, apps can decide if they want to hide the navigation bar or not. I dont think this was new to android 9, but you can use another app to force it to go into "immersive mode", which makes the navigation bar hide until you swipe it out

xda-developers.com/how-to-enable-system-wide-immersive-mode-without-root/

Dangerously

Probably costs

no

Attached: whygod.png (305x185, 117K)

Good day everyone, recommendation greatly needed. Grandmother user is turning 80 and will probably not live to 90. Family member and I are secretly reaching out to all her surviving friends and distant family members for a surprise party. Many live far away or are in poor health, so we anticipate declines. However, we would like to ask them to use their mobile phones to record a happy birthday video to showcase to grandmother user.

Question: Any recommendations on an app or website service that can easily retrieve these submissions, keep them private, and display them at the party in an organized manner?

Worse comes to worse, I can throw all the raw videos on a thumb drive and play off a laptop hooked to a projector. But the people we are contacting are old and confused. Any idea what normie proof apps out there can do this?

Attached: 1561256167046.jpg (1024x711, 261K)

UPDATE: I found a better way (requires root)

Just install this and you can add new shit to the pull-down menu, including immersive mode

android.gadgethacks.com/how-to/get-immersive-mode-quick-settings-tile-any-nougat-device-no-root-needed-0177342/

Thank you for your answers I did as Instructed, though the problem remains. I guess some file deep in the system is corrupted. I got no clue, I threw everything I could find at this thing.

Attached: Unbenannt.png (749x389, 61K)

What was the name of that one Linux thing for remapping bad sectors?

Attached: 1564881979869.png (274x258, 46K)

did you just try to get me to delete all the files I was trying to recover for my uncle? I just googled that command.... wtf is wrong with you? I'm so glad I did that command on a sub folder that didn't matter and I didn't have permission to anyway. bastards....

Attached: simpsons_nelson_haha2.jpg (320x298, 16K)

make a single shared album (private, invite only) on google photos. Ask everyone to upload their own video

I'm trying to install windows 7 on a computer that had Kaby Lake R processor. I managed to get almost all drivers working, except for the nvidia one. The first error I got was that it required the intel drivers to work. I managed to install the intel driver, but still can't install the nvidia driver, I get error. Any idea what causes it?

>write an article in Latex
>ready to submit it for publication
>can't submit as a .pdf
>has to be a .docx
>spent the day fucking around trying to convert it while keeping the ~200 footnotes correct to absolutely no avail
Do I just have to rewrite it by hand?

Attached: 1565078682619.jpg (637x445, 44K)

put the PDF in the doc and call it good

I'm gonna be building a pc in a week or so do I need a wrist strap or an ESD mat ?

wait no, scratch that. take screenshots of each page of the PDF and put those in the doc

I have never used those in my entire life. Just ground yourself before you put new hardware in. Touch your metal case with one hand while you insert new parts

rasterize it

>using latex
>expecting it to be compatible anywhere
>mfw

What are the dangers of undervolting my cpu?

Thanks, man.

Attached: 1561189221072.png (794x600, 108K)

Why is the Jow Forums wiki down?

Well i just wondering and searching over internet about integration of my all rgb peripheral with different company ... Its there any FOSS program to achieve that ?

Use a .pdf to .png converter then an image to .docx converter, then laugh at the thought of anyone trying to copy paste your work.

Nah I benefitted from this too. Now I can get max screenspace easily

Attached: ZomboDroid 18082019112407.jpg (1440x1440, 442K)

I want to encrypt my USB Drive.
whats the best way to ensure cross plattform compatibility and easy use?

like, can i make it auto unlock on my home computers when a certain key file is present? And if its not present, i can still dectypt with password?

on a fresh arch isntall and isntalled deepin de, wifi wont connect it show netowrks but says "try to connect" then gives up after a while anyone know how to fix?

Attached: 69475370_p0.png (595x842, 796K)

if its cross-computer then you absolutely cannot have any computer specific private key. your only option is a secure password. The easiest way would be a password protected zip or folder, depending on your use case

Veracrypt.
It's open source, cross platform, and allows for keyfiles.
Not sure if it allows password or keyfile, I think it requires the keyfile all the time.

not only cross pc, but even cross plattfform - especially linux, Win 10 and sometimes win 8.1

mh, sad. would love to have a keyfile on my personal desktop and laptop to unlock it easily.

thanks, will look into it

Sup Jow Forums, networking question here.

Suppose you have 500 iphones in 1 room connected to 1 access point. They are all using the same band, so there will be interference. To my understanding, the router will control the flow of information so its only ever talking to 1 device at a time, but what system is in place to prevent the other 499 iphones from constantly sending their requests & DDOSing the single iphone that is trying to listen to the router?

Attached: 03cheaprouters_+630+inline+shot+2[1].jpg (630x420, 211K)

Help with pls.

Attached: 1565171209860.jpg (601x583, 82K)

big thank

Attached: 547523432125.jpg (900x900, 71K)

archiveteam.org/index.php?title=Jow Forums
I've read through this but can't seem to find anything current or useful.
Please help Jow Forums.

dont do it yourself, find an existing solution that someone else coded

a quick google search returned this github.com/friendlyanon/Jow Forums-thread-archiver

TY

Any recommended podcast android apps? Preferably FOSS without ads shoved down my throat.