Was apple ever good?

Was apple ever good?

Attached: 186dme0a8byfjjpg.jpg (270x349, 17K)

Yes, and they're still good. But summerfags and /v/edditors get upset because their Unix OS doesn't play the video games they like or something.

Seething itoddler

Attached: 1564147467164.gif (203x351, 526K)

Found the wintoddler.

Yes, you actually posted a machine from when they were.

Good enough to be the consumer tech leader and regularly imitated by both Microsoft and Google.

The G4 was a housefire. Insane single thread performance and handled Photoshop like a champ compared to windows at the time at only a moderate price premium but I can't say that anything in the past decade meets the same criteria other than being a house fire.

>Microsoft and Google
and Samsung and all other computer and phone manufacturers.

Everyone waits to see what Apple will do, because they set the trends.
Nobody gives a shit about what Gooksong or Microshit do, because everything they do is half-assed and a failure.

Attached: cringe.jpg (580x326, 31K)

powerpc apples were nice

You forgot the g5 which ran so hot that when they switched to intel it opened up 16 hard drive bays.

They set the standard. Everyone else who is considered "better" just imitates them and makes a few "upgrades"

What about the fact that these things are literal bombs now?

Attached: boom.png.png (1439x2060, 1.11M)

What? The Power Mac G5 has 2 bays and the Mac Pro has 4

At what, making BOMBS? I'd say so.

Attached: 1542768822623.webm (582x698, 2.72M)

fpbp

I'm still upset that the Galaxy S5 is basically the only phone with micro USB 3.0 B

apple ][ mini when

Attached: maxresdefault.jpg (1280x720, 77K)

As someone who owned a Galaxy S5 for 3 years I can say there was nothing wrong with that connector, it at least felt more durable than a regular micro 2.0 connector and the flap kept shit out of it
The GS5 still remains one of the only phones with USB 3 as even most USB C devices are only USB 2.0

Apple Is and always has been hit and miss, some of their stuff is the shit, some of it is shit

Mac II was good, some of the Macs in the middles 00s were good but overpriced, but they were pretty fucking based for video editing, safer and far more stable that Wangblows XP.

The iPod was pretty good before others PMPs caught on.

That's it though. They've been complete shit after the iPhone.

Until PowerPC they were.

Is that the same FAA that rejected to investigate the Boeing 737 MAX nosedives until the rest of the world grounded the entire 737 fleet?
Or is it a different one?

Wait, so can you be charged with terrorism for bringing an apple laptop onboard a plane now?

Don't forget the "it's overpriced" from people running $150 used laptops from a decade ago.
It's literally the same thing as GNU, they're both POSIX.

>there was nothing wrong with that connector
Apparently Gooksung disagrees with you.

Attached: oops.jpg (1600x900, 123K)

If you drive a early an early 2000’s car there is a bomb right in front of your face in the steering wheel, so what’s your point?

Despite their small market share, Apple commits most of the influential changes.

Apple figured out that marketing can sell shit to normies. They hired good designers and marketers.

How many ducking times have you heard ‘get a MAC if you are into art, graphic design, or creativity’ ‘get a PC if you own a business’.

All this idea came from the stupid Justin long commercials.

There is no question that Apple is easiest to use and the most expensive and the most trendy. As if anyone ever cared what PC there friends and aquintanxes were using. But APPlE made people think it was fashion.

Apple is the king of ‘it Just werks’ And that’s all normies need.

most normies didn't know what the fuck it was and thought it was something proprietary and Samsung caved to them just to alleviate confusion, nothing wrong with it physically
All phones after the GS5 is when Samsung started to market to the Apple crowd and regressed on everything

>‘get a MAC if you are into art, graphic design, or creativity’ ‘get a PC if you own a business’.
There's a bit of truth to that, though.
At least for music making, Macs are way better out of the box.

Anyone actually making music runs pro tools my man

>Apple
>Good
Pick one.

There was some truth to it at one point. Mostly fonts and the Adobe suite running better. Then logic pro and final cut. Now you have to pay out the ass for a workstation or a shitty iMac with a nice screen just because RAID works out the box.

You don't know what the fuck you're talking about. Please go back to posting about video games or whatever.

There is still some truth to it. There's nothing equivalent to CoreAudio on Windows. ASIO comes close, but only if you buy an expensive third party interface (RME).

Attached: file.png (986x467, 96K)

The problem is the hardware is mediocre to bad for what you're paying. It's all a fat tax write off if you're making money from it but that comes with its own problems.

MacOS is literally the best and most elegant + comfy OS based on unix, making everyone else seethe because they run gentoo and then try to configure it for 20 hours so it can look like macOS

>The problem is the hardware is mediocre to bad for what you're paying.
When you buy a Mac you're paying for software (macOS).
So comparing hardware specs between Macs and non-Macs is kinda useless.

I will say their jump to the consumer market was smart and their growing share is surprising considering the price and shrinking middle class.

But mac OS is dogshit, why do you think most mac users bootcamp windows 7/10?

You're paying a grand for extra storage on top of the base price for desktops that throttle worse than laptops. The question is if the software is worth the added price and shoddy performance.

What you're paying more for in a Mac which you can't get elsewhere:
>seamless integration with all Apple apps and productive ecosystem
>privacy
>design and looks, best design on any laptops/PC
>build quality and all parts mesh well together
>unbreakable OS
>best trackpad (was best keyboard as well but its fucked for now)
>No extra setup required for hobbyist/artistic work, e.g. no audio latency with mac audio drivers

What? Windows is horrible. Mac OS is better in every way.

now let me tell you as a developer forced to use a mac how things really are
>apple apps are worthless, calendar can't even handle invited events correctly
>privacy except for all the telemetry you can't turn off
>designed to look pretty and function like shit. the OS forgets my monitor arrangement every time i plug it into the dock, and graphics switching occasionally stops working
>build quality is great if you like exploding batteries, broken keyboards, frayed cables, and no options to repair
>unbreakable OS, don't troll kid
>touchpad and mouse have the most fucked up acceleration curve, natural scrolling is global and cannot be set differently for mouse and touchpad. even 10 year old linux distros can do this
>all of our artists hate macs because their tablet drivers are terrible
oh and when apps crash i have to press and hold the power button to get the fucking thing to reboot

Fuck of Satanichia autist

Thems fightan words itoddler
You gon hustle up or be blown back down, back to ya little ranch in a small town

Attached: 1561974198074.png (512x512, 231K)

powerbooks were legit back in the day.

Attached: Powerbook-780x536[1].jpg (780x536, 34K)

Shut the fuck up poorfag Microshit consumer

Attached: A7B1DBE4-2842-4E4A-880C-CD890AE16EEE.png (960x948, 1.11M)

They've been consistently responsible for every trend in consumer tech that I hate, and none of the good things they have were of their own invention. They didn't make Unix, they didn't invent GUI, and they deliberately make all their hardware difficult to service. And everyone follows suit, leading to a neverending shift towards worse tech just because brain dead consumers think it's "pretty"

was it stung by a bee

You tell 'em!

Attached: giphy.gif (312x176, 227K)

Wtf I hate apple now

Attached: D6BD5B3A-09FC-4624-B5EB-ADFB1AC93E7D.gif (480x270, 1.76M)

Pic of this ^ faggot everyone just in case you wondered.

Attached: A99BA5A1-3D3C-4075-8A90-30F7A4361533.gif (255x143, 1.99M)

Seething samefagging itoddler

Attached: all-hail-satania.gif (399x517, 458K)

>because their Unix OS doesn't play the video games they like or something
Imagine unironically thinking Windows is the chief competitor that people on Jow Forums are implicitly supporting when they shit on Apple.

Based

>my xubuntu with plank installed is basically same UI as OS X and was all for free and minimal effort

try again ipajeet

Attached: satania laughing.jpg (1280x720, 73K)

>the flap kept shit out of it
My old galaxy ace had a little sliding door over the USB port. So simple, yet so effective.
It was so comfy to hold too.

Attached: dscf18372.jpg (3488x2616, 941K)

>using an OS that is only good for theme ricing

>using an os that only plays video games and has homosex art tools

Nice you caught me making fun of you.

Attached: 9399C9FD-CEE1-4D96-BCE8-0DBAFC4AAB07.jpg (1125x1768, 750K)

>OS is good for everything OSX is good for minus everything that only brainlets do
>>>>"""only good for theme ricing"""

Pathetic

Attached: GD6-1024x576.jpg (1024x576, 120K)

cope

A bit pathetic but it’s Sunday and I don’t have anything else to do because my computer works lel. Have fun configuring your arch because it broke last week from updates.

Attached: 535A2930-E3E2-4B66-A8C4-C2563A0B2066.gif (334x276, 3.18M)

from like 2003 to 2008 or so.

Attached: 3GS-iOS-6-640x390.jpg (640x390, 60K)