Audio/Home Theater - /ag/

Attached: 1376245380588.jpg (1500x1500, 1.62M)

Other urls found in this thread:

amazon.com/Neoprene-Sponge-Foam-Rubber-Sheet/dp/B07CR5PS2M
paducahhometheater.com/
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

The 40 year old kef reference, I'm still listening to them.

Attached: sanwu TDA7492P bluetooth audio amplifier-1000x1000.jpg (1000x1000, 141K)

Looking for a simple amplifier with remote volume able to output 100w per channel and preferably Class-D.

big dirty stinkin bass

>preferably Class-D
user gets it

Attached: Cl0pmt8WgAA8srk.jpg (888x1200, 171K)

is the kph30i genuinely good for $30? been using senn 280pros for years, how will they compare?

>Wasting power via heat, high noise floor and harmonic distortion
Only a fool would use anything else.

Dayton Audio WF150A.
It's one of the only ones that makes decent power at a low distortion level. 75 w/ch@ 0.1% THD.
Most of the cheaper class-d amps rated over 100 watts per channel are rating their power at 10% THD.

Attached: dayton audio wf150a.jpg (947x300, 36K)

>preferably Class-D.
Why are you using class D amps for powering mains?

Ultimax 12" or 15"? I know more about the 12" and they should offer plenty decent output with a vented pair, but 15" might offer better value in addition to output. Decisions, decisions.

Lower cost, lower heat, and compact?

Rolls MX51s as a mini mixer, yes or no? Cannot find anything else in similar form factor.

Rate

Attached: 20190817_224519-2241x3984.jpg (2241x3984, 1.21M)

rack looks damn ugly
and it’s probably wobbling

100% ugly but it's incredibly sturdy and does not wobble a millimeter

Looks top-heavy. Even if it is stable, that it "looks" unstable is ugly. What's with the oversized middle section?
Also, what Marantz?

I wonder when and where the more powerful chip amps from reputable manufacturers are going to come in?

7704 pre/pro amp. Weighs 20-25 pounds I'd guess. The amp in the middle weighs the most by far

After you're done cleaning your house, organize those wires. Then paint the shelf you lazy bastard lol

If you give any fuck about clarity, buy the ksc75 and put them in a portapro headband. It’s the same driver as the kph and portapro, but coated in titanium. After using the ksc75 for a year, portapros sound so dark and low end heavy

I feel like anybody singing the kph30i praises has only tried them and portapros. They are good. But why settle when you can get better. The ksc75 are just $15 if you are okay with the ear clips. Snap them into the portapro headband and it’s the ultimate portable headphone.

Attached: 33675039_2162386767314485_5575715501306281984_n.jpg (720x960, 54K)

Are soundbars a meme?

No, they're probably better than TV speakers

They are for people who dont know better or are too lazy to set up a modest home audio setup. Any small bookshelf speaker and receiver combo comparable in price to a sound bar will give you vastly greater sound versatility and functionality.

You can only make a set of 2.5” speakers in a small enclosure produce so much sound at once. It’s fairly obvious.

Whats a good receiver to start with?

how can I learn about audio stuff? I don't even know where to start from :(

only if you have shit tv

fuck receiver
buy integrated amp
surround-sound is for morons

sick fucking cat

what's budget friendly passive bookshelf speaker to use with my stereo amp?

>surround-sound is for morons
Wtf

>oh boy the immersive experience in this cinema makes me all involved and scared I wish every sound would just come from the screen, be limited in range and left me alone

best sub 200 bucks soundbar bros?

>how can I learn about audio stuff?
Just ask what you want to know.

Bait, or just buy a cheap ‘professional’ rack mount amplifier.

I'm only going to be at my apartment for 1 year so I don't really want to go through the hassle of installing and uninstalling a home theatre system. Is a sound bar any good?

Got rid of these for 25 euros.

Attached: KroCraft_Speaker_Rev.B_general_view_4.jpg (1920x1620, 187K)

no

stereo receivers are a thing
if you're worried about wiring up surrounds just buy mains and hold off on those

> max input 20 watts
Nothing of value was lost

How do you get woodgrain cat to match woodgrain cabinet?

I think I got 35 for my JBL lx2001's.

Attached: e4898b2f0dcc33c13f682da16a82d530.jpg (1024x768, 129K)

what tv to get? 55 inch. budget: under 2500 leaf dollars. previous: lg oled. dont want oled again. i use my tv as a display monitor and i got bad burn in. fuck burn in.

Attached: 1515368771_1381116.jpg (2500x2500, 550K)

bump

>Marantz
>That shitty rack
+2 for the parasond and behringer.

Like your flexy, I built two myself but doubled up the shelf thickness.

Holy fuck this thread

Lads, I picked up some Siera 1s in Piano black because they were on sale for something like 200 bucks off. However I am running into space issues and I am worried I will scratch them with my monitors being right next to them. Is there any sort of soft rubber material I can drape on them which will protect them and prevent them from being scratched? I thought to try a soft yoga mat but it's far too thick. Now I'm scouring amazon trying to find something which would do what I want.

Anyone have any suggestions? Was thinking something like this as thin as possible.
amazon.com/Neoprene-Sponge-Foam-Rubber-Sheet/dp/B07CR5PS2M

Attached: sr1pb_cd_hr.jpg (568x752, 56K)

>Time soon to upgrade my amp
>3,000 dollars for the amp I wanted

Attached: kill me then skele.png (788x872, 1.23M)

What is it?

Far beyond my budget in the foreseeable future.

Attached: hint6_black_front.jpg (2500x995, 280K)

Maybe a plastic film like clear bras for cars?

Nigga I told you in January where to buy it for like 2300

That was the old version, this is the new one. And quite frankly it's been so long that I lost that info.

Are you the lad that suggested that in the other thread? I'm still considering this. Hopefully it can work without having to actually apply it, because I'll be damned if I spray my speakers with soapy water/lubricant to apply.

paducahhometheater.com/

Thanks for posting again.

Attached: Rory Thank you.jpg (505x640, 95K)

Are cross overs actually necessary? I've always preferred a flat equalization. Am I missing out on the best quality listening experience by keeping it flat. Tuning feels like a hassle.

Every speakers with 2 or more woofer/horns/tweeter/whatever needs a crossover 100%. Don't know about full range speakers but I'd imagine there is still something needed

Autism: the post

>full range speakers
Baffle step compensation is used sometimes.

Attached: rs_IMG_1024.jpg (2000x1500, 442K)

I just spent way too much on these mad-lads. Anyone have any experience with Atma-sphere or OTLs in general?

Attached: yes.jpg (4032x3024, 1.26M)

Wanna start building my home theatre setup.
Wanna start with a Denon X1400h and bookshelves as main. Can't decide between Klipsch RP600M (or smaller RP4-500m), JBL Arena 130 (or Studio 230) or Yamaha NS-B330 (or the NS-700). Want to slowly upgrade to an Atmos system. And the bookshelves may get swapped to back sourrounds in favor of floor standing speakers.

Go with the klipschs my dude.
My parent's got klipschs as a wedding present like 35 years ago and they still sound high end.