Linux Journal complete (PDF) collection

As some of you might know. Linux Journal is dead.

RIP Linux Journal 1994-2019

I made a torrent containing the full PDF collection (all issues), as well as siterips of their main site and FTP.

I uploaded the torrent to TPB, but it promptly got removed by some ignorant mod who thought I was hiding "malicious files" in the .tar.xz archives. What a fucking idiot. So, I'm sharing it here instead since the torrent is still alive, even though it's gone from the TPB database. If you love Linux, this torrent might be for you.

Stick it to the man. The Orwellian site known as TPB is not what it used to be, when it was run by the founders.

There's a magnet link in the Pastebin text. Just copypaste that into your torrent client:

pastebin.com/NAbG2aGD

Attached: Richard_Stallman_at_Marlboro_College_matrix.png (2560x1440, 3.32M)

Other urls found in this thread:

torrentz2.eu/419daab8d2a053b8613ef97c0ec47065e130d5e4
betanews.com/2019/08/08/linux-journal-dies-again-rip/
torrentfreak.com/the-pirate-bay-switches-to-opentracker-071208/
archive.org/details/linuxjournalpdfcollection
media.giphy.com/media/10hiHOYL6y8Tdu/source.gif
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

noice

Have a shave and comb your hair you fat scruffy cunt

Well, like I said in the other thread. I'm going to shave using a saftey razor for the first time today. I ditched Gillette for their feminazi ad campaign, and also because they use animal products in their blades.

Do you have some way to show us you are R. Stallman himself, or should we assume it's just some kid larping?

Thanks for the torrent. Will seed once safe-proven.

I'm not Stallman, just a fan of Stallman. I went to see him speak once. I have great respect for him, the GNU project and FSF.

The torrent is safe. It has 30+ seeders atm. Thanks for seeding!

torrentz2.eu/419daab8d2a053b8613ef97c0ec47065e130d5e4

Thank you for work.

bump

What happened to the journal?

They ran out of operating funds. Very strange how suddenly they shut down, but I assume they must have been actively searching for investors behind the scenes and just didn't find any.

was it even good?

>>I uploaded the torrent to TPB, but it promptly got removed by some ignorant mod who thought I was hiding "malicious files" in the .tar.xz archives
Was he just too dumb to know how to extract them?

How big is the full archive?

>I ditched Gillette for their feminazi ad campaign
All this ass pain over an ad that basically said don’t be an asshole... who are the snowflakes again?

He / she / it or whoever it was that banned me probably didn't even look at the file list before removing the torrent. I think that mod just read the torrent description and me mentioning those exotic .tar.xz archives and that was enough for the torrent to be removed and my account banned. I think it was a combination of the word "archive" and it being a format that's not too common. Even though both WinRAR and 7-Zip can extract them. But yeah, the mod clearly was an idiot, probably a computer illiterate idiot who shouldn't be a moderator for the biggest torrent site in the world.

The total data size of the torrent is 10GB. I don't really know the total extracted size, though. It's at least several GB more.

The ad assumes men are assholes, and I think that's sexist. I'm not an asshole, so I don't want to buy a product from a company that insults me and believes that I'm a bad person.

I haven't really delved into that yet. I haven't read a whole issue yet. I was just in a panic collecting everything because I was afraid it would get lost to time otherwise. There are other torrents but they're not as complete as this one.

Linux Journal died because freetards are cheap and want everything for free.

betanews.com/2019/08/08/linux-journal-dies-again-rip/

Just under 10GB

Try 1337x.to
It's the patricians choice of torrent sites.

I uploaded it to 1337x.to, limetorrents.info and seedpeer.me. The limetorrents one has yet to be approved by the admins, and is hidden for now. The torrent has been uploaded to a few other sites as well by others, which is good. I'm going to upload it to more sites if I find any good ones with open registration.

TPB admins thought the torrent was a virus so I'm going to spread it like a virus all over the fucking Internet so they can watch it 5 years from now and it'll still be seeded.

Noice

Ok Richard
Oh, you’re not Richard
Make your fucking mind up retard

Why are you spamming this shit every day?
Linux Journal was a release log, the articles suck.

This is not spam. It's basically free educiation in how to be 1337.

>end of an era
>died with 22 replies + this final mockery
Tell me how Linux is taking over the world, again?

This is far from being the first thread about this topic and it's no secret that Jow Forums is more interested in shitposting than anything else.

Fuck off, paid Wintroll.

It's sad how many peers use uTorrent (and not even the old versions).

how big is it?

Well, it's running pretty much every Internet server there is, and the top 500 supercomputers as well as most smartphones, TVs, media players etc. The only place where Linux isn't taking over is the desktop. The market share is increasing slowly, but not fast enough. I think mostly it's due to many Windows users being retards and trolling the Internet by saying how bad Linux is. Because they don't want to admit that they're wrong, and they're like retards who can't see which is the better solution technically, but they just want to root for their team. The same way someone roots for their sports team. It has everything to do with emotions and nothing to do with logic. Linux users on the other hand, are usually logical people who are looking for the best solution to whatever problem arises.

10GB

Attached: quote-i-started-linux-because-i-wanted-to-see-it-on-the-desktop-i-do-hope-that-the-desktop-linus-tor (850x400, 68K)

>10gb
neat, I'll put it on my phone too

>the articles suck
How come?

So they're Windows users? Although you can probably run uTorrent in Wine, it makes better sense to use Transmission, KTorrent or something like that.

If they're Windows users then that's a good thing. Maybe they'll read about Linux and realize that their shitty OS is not the future, and then switch.

But there are many good cross-platform torrent clients for Windows, like Deluge, QBittorrent or Transmission (officially only an early preview, but I never had any issues with it).

Wouldn't Windows users still prefer something like uTorrent because of familiarity though?

I'm gonna seed this.

Attached: seeding.jpg (1008x468, 625K)

Thanks. Much appreciated.

Seeding. Only uploaded 300 MB so far, looks like there's already a pretty healthy swarm.

Yes, there are like 30+ seeders. Thanks for seeding though. Every bit helps.

why tar.xz tho?

So you're larping a fat neckbeard and spamming this shit on Jow Forums because some torrent got taken down? fuck me i'd like to see how you react to something serious

how does tpb work? they released the code a while ago and now anybody can host a mirror right? but do they all use the same database?

This torrent is serious business. The TPB admin was a retard who tried to prevent Linux Journal from being archived for the future to see. Luckily, I kept uploading to the first peers and then re-uploaded the torrent file to other sites. I used torrenteditor.com to add more trackers. I've also uploaded this collection to archive.org. That TPB admin was probably a Windows using retard who hates Linux for some childish reason, the way most Microfags do.

They originally used Hypercube (developed by anakata, one of the founders). But they switched to Opentracker in 2007. The source code for both is available. I don't know about the database though. I think they might want to keep that to themselves.

torrentfreak.com/the-pirate-bay-switches-to-opentracker-071208/

The literal autism is real, I hope you don’t own firearms

Like 90% of the inhabitants of Silicon Valley are autistic, and they develop technology that your retard brain will never be able to comprehend. Come up with a better insult microtard.

Upped to archive.org yet?

Yup.

archive.org/details/linuxjournalpdfcollection

Attached: 12428367523.png (500x673, 36K)

It's being uploaded to archive.org, if its not already there. The staff have the files since last week.

media.giphy.com/media/10hiHOYL6y8Tdu/source.gif

Doing good work, user. God speed.

Thanks, buddy.

BTW I just noticed that there's a more recent ISO than the ones in the root folder. In the 'secure2.linuxjournal.com' siterip > ljarchive/LJArchive2018.zip. The other 2 ISOs I got from torrents.

I'm going to have to wait until September 1st to get this. We have archaic bandwidth usage limits here in Canuckistan and my monthly usage for August is dwindling fast.

Attached: ComfyCanadian.jpg (600x513, 408K)

you just took everything from rutracker, don't lie

stfu there is already the whole linux journal since 1994 on tpb, u pathologic liar

Post a screenshot or a link then.

Why not?

The eternal summerfag.