IT Careers

Do you think the IT field is still and will still be a good option as a career path? Are the salaries good? Work/Life balance good?

Attached: videoblocks-it-engineer-working-on-laptop-in-data-center-while-standing-before-server-rack-running-d (1920x1080, 3.04M)

i wonder what the guy in your pic does.

yesyesyesyes
Go to ccna course

Most IT jobs will be automated or killed by the cloud in less than 10 years
Go into programming instead

most sysadmins think programming is gay. kek

having a career is gay
take the NEETpill

They're shit. In Poland junior Dev/programmer makes 2-2.5k pln.

And literally everything is more expensive than in Germany for example, after 1:1 recalculation.

It's because there is so many graduates etc who will do it anyway. And the entry point is high like shit you literally need to know everything perfectly for a junior job.

and who is gonna manage the cloud you fucking retard?
cloud is vps which you do not believe but ultimately it is physical hardware

He's just a model. He might also be a photoshopper.

Brainlet post
The cloud is going to be managed by programmers

blessed neet

He's a model for stock pictures.

Fuck you.

>Your ridiculous note
It is unbelievable how stupid a person can be

IT fags never look like the guy in the pic kek

>Do you think the IT field is still and will still be a good option as a career path

Are you a biocunt, a faggot, or a pajeet?

Should I get am azure cert instead of a ccna then?

you can go with ccna,ccnp basicly cable dude
or ccna,mcsa,mcse

Nobody will hire you with an Azure cert on its own
Get at least some basic networking knowledge like the CCNA

And this is why it's going wrong. Good programmers are rare. Making programming a requirement for jobs that don't necessarily need them is just going to make things unsustainable. Specializing labour is the way things should go. All that said, you should learn programming if you want any job in tech right now.

So you don't work in Enterprise IT I take it...

correct. the average IT guy has a ThinkPad with anime stickers on the lid.

you can work and live anywhere in europe, faggot.

>CCNA
>CCNP
>basically cable dude

If you have a CCNP and are just running cable and not at least doing mid level design or advanced level troubleshooting, then you're doing something wrong.

Even with a CCNA and a few years of xp you shouldn't be running cable, that's for interns and level 1 poo tier support.

>the most retarded user gets all the (You)
Amazing

work a remote job then

Full remote jobs are really rare in europe

this will change within the next 5 years imo.

99% of programmers have no understanding of how to handle any kind of operations task
good luck describing a tcp handshake to a fucking java poo in the loo

If I remember correctly it is mostly 1-3 layers

>Not getting on the cloud wagon

sucks cock in the bushes of a local park around midnight, is my guess

Programming as a career sucks as well and at the junior level the industry is showing signs of saturation.
t. programmer

My advice: study something with a real career path.
I just saved your life. You are welcome.

Are you drunk?

Yes, it's about layer 1-4 for the most part, but you need to learn routing and switching, not just plugging in cables.

The new certs are pushing in "muh automation" shit too.

IT will be dead in 3 years tops. So many windows admins who still can’t script or use a CLI will be out of a job.

oh really?
listen, networkfag... you're literally a road builder while programmers build the cars. we can handle the road building if we wanted to but we're busy building cars.

>muh automation
Says every luddite with shrinking job prospects

Ok ok fuck off
What about those cloud guys lets take a look...
Wow programmers really think that everything is a fucking software
Which hallucination fed them in the academy ignorance for its own sake

>everything is a fucking software
It literally is, brainlet

the average programmer is a retard with no understanding of anything outside their shit language of choice because they think "the cloud" runs by itself

enterprise IT is a nightmare

>>muh automation

I use python, tcl (on router support), bash, ansible, etc for "automation" and we've been doing it for over a decade. The "automation" craze is essentially a meme like Cloud, Hyperconverged, SD-WAN, outsourcing, and every other buzz word that hits CIO magazine.
It's overhyped to hell, it's already being done, but some "IT Leader" thinks it's some brand new technology and has convinced the world that they invented it.
Automation makes sense in some places (Service Providers, Cloud Providers), it does not make sense in most other industries because the network is not homogeneous and you end up wasting time using scripts to flip a switchport - if you provide any value to the company, you're not worried about your job prospects.

You unplug it and its gone fagot go back to your html project

The truth is that I started with some java code, python, c
But I always knew that there was something to appreciate about electronics and hardware.
And of course networks.
I was really amazed by these reactions once they knew better.
Today I doubt they can assemble a simple PC or create a basic network topology.
No wonder they got their paychecks down so much

It's for winning! Go to sysadmin / IT
You will get a better understanding of every piece of system, do not listen to those "programmers" who are actually front developers corresponding to gimp designers.

Do you have any suggestions? I'm currently considering where I want to go in life.

Says the person who's probably never worked on a network larger than his local Netgear router, WAP, switch consumer all-in-one they configured for their boomer parents.