Rust shill defending this language, fuck rust and fuck cargo this shit sucks ass , i hate compiling and everything about

rust shill defending this language, fuck rust and fuck cargo this shit sucks ass , i hate compiling and everything about

what is so good about it even ?

Attached: replace.jpg (474x474, 21K)

Other urls found in this thread:

kernel.org/doc
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

the only thing i know is that Firefox is slow.

>what is so good about it even ?
It's a good language.

>what is so good about it even ?
1. Rust has macro-driven standard I/O instead of this abomination called printf
2. Rust has hygienic macros
3. Rust has iterators with zero-cost abstractions
4. Rust has fearless concurrency
5. Rust has lifetime checking
6. Rust has namespaces
7. Rust has a standard package manager with its own repository as well as full compatibility with Git
8. Rust has a standard formatter for universal coding style
9. Rust has an error handling system that doesn't make use of exceptions yet implements all the syntactic sugar to make it just as convenient
10. Rust has pattern matching
11. Rust has standard documentation tools
12. Rust has a non-retarded mascot *looks at Go*
13. Rust has both imperative and functional programming tools
14. Rust implements proper panic behavior instead of dirty abort or exit
15. Rust uses constant variables and move semantics by default
16. Rust uses LLVM for easier low-level optimizations
17. Rust uses and encourages use of Semantic Versioning 2.0.0
18. Rust has lightning-fast FFI with C and C++
19. Rust proposes three official learning resources as well as three official advanced rust learning resources
20. Rust has an official team of researchers working towards giving the language formal verification tools
21. Rust is all MIT licensed and won't make you use any garbage released under a viral license
22. Rust has UTF-8 support by default in the terminal
Is there something I am forgetting, fellow rustaceans?

Attached: rustacean-flat-happy.png (1200x800, 32K)

The list is bloated and makes you people look like clowns
>Rust has a non-retarded mascot
who gives a shit?

>16. Rust uses LLVM for easier low-level optimizations
Rust is a LLVM language whats the point of this line?

> 7, 8, 11, 17, 20
like every other language
nothing is stopping me from taking all existing modular programs designed around C and put them in a single command or GUI, absolutely nothing.

How about its infested with rabbid SJW trannies.
Wouldn't even poke it with a mile long stick in a hazmat suit

That's not of any use if the community is retarded.

Why would I spend my time learning a language without a decent community?

>Rust is a LLVM language whats the point of this line?
lmao
LLVM is an assembly syntax and tool, not a family of programming languages.

>like every other language
Name C's official package manager.
Name C's official formatter.
Name C's official documentation tool.
Link the call to use semver on C's official website.
Name C's official formal verification research team.

Attached: Chad-bachelorette-badboy.jpg (1280x720, 134K)

> Is there something I am forgetting, fellow rustaceans?
Yes. You're forgetting to dilate.

zig > rust

> Name C's official package manager.
Not having a package manager is a good thing.

"MOM CANCEL MY MEETINGS I'M INSTALLING XORG ON MY SLACKWARE"

even if you were right, cargo is much more than a package manager

>official
what makes it special being official?
im fine with my tools user.

>Name C's official formal verification research team.
kernel.org/doc

Name me the official Rust kernel that's being used on the moon

Can i use code as an argument in Rust macro?

yes. you can pattern match for expressions, for example

Why should i follow degenerates and why should i trust them when they can't even deal with their own personal issues?
Features discussions happen in fucking githib issues, this joke of a language is going too far.

sage and dilatepilled
please die

>kernel.org/doc
Unofficial.

>Why should i follow degenerates and why should i trust them when they can't even deal with their own personal issues?
You don't have to.

The truth of the matter is regardless of your bullshit, so long as retards like you make up the vast majority of the rust community it will continue to be a joke, and people will STILL not use it even with all the horrific bells and whistles.

I used to use rust, I knew it to the point of using macros often, and I assure you there are few languages I find less usable. C# blows rust out of the water, C is a gold standard, C++ is the beautiful heap of shit we all know and love because unlike rust, it's actually usable and not insulting your intelligence.

Just because some people likes to fuck something you don't like, everything they touch now sucks ?
Do I need to remind you that even your favorite language is used by trannies now ?

>"Meme language"
Everything now days it's a fucking meme,get over it

t. faggot

Just use Go

OH NO NO NO NO NO
just when it couldn't get worse

>Use Rust
>Tell cargo to fuck off
>Use Rust's C FFI to interface with C libraries
>Write the rest of the codebase in rust
>Use makefiles to build
Give me one reason why not. Protip: Your language's shitty fucking package manager isn't better than my distribution's.

Attached: 1562944441788.jpg (800x659, 212K)

Seethe. Imagine caring this much about other people you'll never have go directly interact with. Why are you so butthurt anons? Did you forget to huff your poppers before daddy chaddy fucked your asses?

sorry rabbi i'll repent

>Use a technology infested with Xirplets that would fuck you or your company to the ground if you even missgender them

No thanks xir.

Attached: 1562480513468.jpg (580x472, 62K)

If the only argument you have against a language is "muh trannies" then go back to your containment boards as you're all some value of crossboarders, summerfags or redditors.

N I G G E R

dilate

literally WHAT are you expecting on this website? go back, nigger

>C is a gold standard
BHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
Couldn't you have found a less funny way of telling me "I used to use rust, I knew it to the point of using macros often" was bullshit?

Attached: rust lmao.png (600x600, 249K)

>official package manager
But that's a bad thing, you fucking retard. You end up with multiple package managers each with its own syntax and way of handling things, shit pulling vulnerable versions of libraries as dependencies, tons of conflicts with the system's package manager, and having to deal with untrusted packagers and hijacked packages being used for pushing malware.

>3. Rust has iterators
I really don't get the hype with iterators. With a C-style for loop using indexing, there's no possibility of iterator invalidation. Entire class of bugs now introduced because we're all using pointers now.

literally based

Yeah, you can use, expression, block of code or token tree.

>I really don't get the hype with iterators.
Iterating over something that's not a contiguous sequence. derp

Attached: brainlet black hole.jpg (700x700, 209K)

>5. Rust has lifetime checking
>9. Rust has an error handling system that doesn't make use of exceptions yet implements all the syntactic sugar to make it just as convenient
>15. Rust uses constant variables and move semantics by default
>20. Rust has an official team of researchers working towards giving the language formal verification tools
>22. Rust has UTF-8 support by default in the terminal
Only good points

I've been posting here for at least 12 years now. I know summerfags when I see them.
If anyone needs to go back and get the fuck off my board its you.
Official package managers prevent the hundreds of different package managers with their own DSL though. Sure as shit would rather use cargo over the mess that is cmake any day.
The issues with vulnerable versions is slightly mitigated by using package locks, but pwned packages are certainly a valid issue with most central repos.
It not working well with system package managers is also a valid problem that I don't think any package manager has attempted to remedy.

could easily be solved by the class returning an index or key, rather than a pointer to an element that may expire at any time. An index/key always gets you the correct element.

But rust provides strong guarantees that the pointers won't expire at any time. That's kind of the whole point of the lifetime system.

Using loops takes much more boilerplate to accomplish same thing. Few maps, folds, etc can do something you'd need many lengthy loops to do. Iterators are more generic than just pointers. In rust they can do so much with just a one function implemented which is really handy.
There is no invalid iterators in rust because of lifetimes and ownership mechanics.

I'm saying that those wouldn't be necessary at all (at least in the case of iterators) if iterators were designed differently. The borrow checker as is is a necessary evil, neither a convenience nor a good.

>I've been posting here for at least 12 years
>Uses a tranny lang
Checks out.

>An index/key always gets you the correct element.
And then you can't iterate over a binary tree or linked list in linear time.

>muu the only argument Jow Forums has against Rust is the tranny meme
its actually the only argument you respond you pieces of shit, the rest of points get fucking discarded because you have no actual skills.
stop shilling

This, it's sad that the technology board is full of memeing retards

Bare metal programming is the best thing to come out of Rust
It's the best HLL out there for it, and is almost the only reason why I use rust.
All my normal stuff is written in rust now just because of how much I enjoy system programming in it.

Attached: USB_Senpai.png (500x430, 841K)