Macfags feel superior to Winfags

>Macfags feel superior to Winfags
>Linuxfags feel superior to Macfags
>the children point fingers while BSD users actively maintain and develop the world

Attached: devilgirl.jpg (1024x768, 220K)

Other urls found in this thread:

freebsd.org/doc/en_US.ISO8859-1/books/handbook/kernelconfig-building.html
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Yes, fanboys are always retarded, no exceptions.
Every OS sucks, use what sucks less for what you need for your particular use case.

People shill all manner of garbage on this board.
Even BSD.
Install GNU+Linux.
It's the only non-trash option.

Explain

Linux
>let everyone take your code or we'll sue you
BSD
>do whatever you want

Truly "GNU/Linux" is the free OS. lol Jews never change.

Thanks to BSD users for making macOS possible.

:)

>BSD

That's some boomer thicc neckbeard shit

Fuck BSD. I was memed into installing it, and I'll never forgive you cocksucking cuntface shills.

What's wrong with BSD?

>No Zfs
>No Linux compatibility
>No WINE
>No proprietary wifi drivers
>No proprietary sound drivers
>No proprietary bluetooth drivers
>No proprietary graphics drivers
>Less software than Linux
>Ports unaudited
>No qbittorrent
>No rutorrent
>No Steam/Skype/VMware/anything
>No KVM passthrough
>No security audits in ports
>No docker containers
>No Wayland
>No NetworkManager

>source: your ass

was this supposed to be ironic or was it just accident

What the fuck did you installed?
4.4 BSD?

Is it true BSD utilities lack functionalities?
Is it true most BSD are not POSIX compliant?
Is it true FreeBSD is sponsored by CISCO to get free developers and beta testers?
Is it true OpenBSD was denounced as backdoored by the FBI?
Is it true OpenBSD developers got hacked by Theo the Rat though a backdoor?
Is it true CISCO loves astroturf the BSD license on the Internet?

Yeah, like its gotten so much better right?
Fuck you.
It was already totally awesome and way better than linux last time.
Fool me twice.
It's such fucking trash I'll never install it again in this lifetime.

well said

>no ZFS
Do you even know what ZFS is?

>oh, yeah well I'm developing an erection right now!

Smartest poster on Jow Forums

>memed
Yeah, maybe you should grow up and stop fashioning your life around memes.

BSD: Finding more shit that doesn't work faster than you can google how to make something work.
I hope you're not shilling this garbage for free.

just use windows already faggot haha

new to BSD, i have a x240, how compatible is it?
I'm never using loonix again, its garbage and i recently tried windows 10, its worse.

Give Haiku a try then.
Or Android x86.

This is clearly a post written by a retarded mong that can't even google to save his life.

>people who wear their OS as a religion and judge character by trivial consumer technology decisions are generally retards and hipsters who spend more time talking/flexing about their things than actually doing anything with them
>people who have genuine passion for computing are too busy actually computing and enjoying life to worry about using it as a cudgel to thinly veil their numerous insecurities
does really make you think doesn't it

Attached: 1560977814043.png (800x750, 106K)

Daily reminder to all BSDIstrofags

Attached: Stallman vs. BSD.jpg (499x499, 87K)

FPBP

>BSD as a name exists because true UNIX derivatives didn't want to keep the moniker / provoking more lawsuits by AT&T
>"b-but Linux distros sucked AT&T dick so they're MORE UNIX"
No. Linux, as with everything (((Richard Stallman))) has touched is Marxist filth.

You sound butthurt that 2 Red Hat derivatives & some tranny-run Linux distro have outdone BSD in POSIX compliance. Funny enough, even Windows is POSIX compliant & they're not even a UNIX derivative. So why claim BSD is UNIX if it can't even get UNIX right?

No one's denying Linux outdoes BSD in compliance. If you're a compliant / uneducated person, by all means use Linux. If you want true UNIX and stability - BSD is the only option. Plus no cuck license

>If you want true UNIX and stability - BSD is the only option
Sure... Stable on a desktop computer from 2002. BSD won't ever work reliably on any PC made from 2010 to now. So go ahead and use BSD on your Lenovo T60 and good luck getting its wireless card to work.

>Functional software is for the uneducated
>Use BSD; it's better because it doesn't work
>Hurr GPL is a cuck license
Enjoy someone making money off of your free software that doesn't work.

>BSD
>no cuck license
Maybe it's their way of trying to attract people into improving such a shitty OS. If only BSDistrofags weren't so retarded, that they'd go aspie over macOS being the POSIX compliant thanks to code fron NeXTstep only.

Does anyone find it funny how lintards constantly rip on normal people for making arguments about compatibility/standards compliance while winging about the same shit when BSDshitters flex on them in return?
I had to check that I wasn't in an OS X shill thread for a second when they started crowing about Muh certified UNIX like being a luddite obsessing over a 70 year old piece of shit operating system that only was popular because AT&T was literally compelled to give away the source is a good thing.

I've used FreeBSD and Solaris and I love how simple everything is for both. I never waste time administrating the system, I just have it do what I want, easily. All questions I could possibly have are already answered in documentation that's very short and easy to follow.
My favorite example.
freebsd.org/doc/en_US.ISO8859-1/books/handbook/kernelconfig-building.html

>linux please give recognition of author an maintain open source code of products that use it even if modified
>BSD
Take my work,my ideas for free give no recognition, and keep all to yourself.

Who said I was a lintard when I shitposted ? I'm from the /fwg/ thread, just pointing out how you BSDistrofags are just as retarded as lintards that you seem to be constantly competing with.

I tried BSD on an old laptop once. It worked ok.

not the same guy but I bet you haven't actually compared gplv3 to isc or mit

The BSD's aren't really the best systems for desktops or laptops.
But if you really want to try using it on a laptop, check out FreeBSD and PCBSD/TrueOS since they're developed partly to be used in a desktop setting.
OpenBSD is usable too for desktop/laptop use but FreeBSD has better driver support.
I would still, as a BSD user recommend that people use Windows or some Linux Distros for their desktops/laptops.

t. lurking sysadmin

Ask your parents lmaooo

Truth

Thanks for LibreSSL, fren

Compared to the Linux operating system, it does not have many technologies that create Unix near the Windows and operating system. However, BSD can really see the virus, so it is useful and frightening.

zfs is best on fbsd

>Linux
>>let everyone take your code or we'll sue you
You mean GNU but even then not really. Dipshit

I want to bear your children, user.

Attached: 64312916_2572223096145204_2805839848861073408_n.jpg (640x741, 31K)

>>No Zfs
has been since 2008
>>No Linux compatibility
has been since 1997
>>No WINE
not sure if this was ever true as long as wine had any real use (even if it was, virtual machines are very efficient these days)
>>No proprietary wifi drivers
you can even use ndiswrapper
>>No proprietary sound drivers
not sure, i don't care. if you are doing audio production buy a mac
>>No proprietary bluetooth drivers
for what? my bluetooth devices work but they are normal dongles and pci cards i bought. if you are on some laptop with a bunch of integrated shit don't use an alternative OS
>>No proprietary graphics drivers
nvidia drivers are available so this is wrong. not sure about amd
>>Less software than Linux
pretty close to the same considering most linux software can run on bsd. the most well known linux software that doesn't port over is systemd & pulseaudio, so if you want those then use linux
>>Ports unaudited
neither are linux repos and packages. don't trust someone else to trust someone else. if you want to audit the source code then do it.
>>No qbittorrent
>>No rutorrent
why do you need this specific torrent clients (not that I believe they can't run anyway)
>>No Steam/Skype/VMware/anything
use windows
>>No KVM passthrough
for gaming? just use windows
>>No security audits in ports
pretty sure you already mentioned this
>>No docker containers
jails are functionally similar. if you want linux then use linux. this is a different OS. There's also no aero, metro, or cocoa interface so go figure
>>No Wayland
if you want systemd and wayland use fedora
>>No NetworkManager
see previous points about systemd, pulseaudio and wayland. there are alternatives anyway. and although it's not what i'd recommend, i'm pretty sure networkmanager can work on freebsd at least anyway

I don't use BSD myself other than on one specialized server but you are fucking retarded bro

based wombless (female)

You got me, user.

you and me both friend. you’re still super beautiful and no cis girl can replace their bf’s thermal paste and do the bi yearly reinstall of windows on his gaming pc so never feel inadequate to girls who were born with less testosterone than you because you are smart and pretty and bitches who are just pretty don't mean shit

BaSeD

FPBP

>>the children point fingers while BSD users actively maintain and develop the world
It's 2000 and Yahoo still relevant.

linux*
stallman fags not welcome

You're pointing fingers right now retard