I want to go to college to study CS. I have almost 30k...

I want to go to college to study CS. I have almost 30k, wiling to go to any country to listen about compilers and turing complete languages, where do I put these money?

I'm really interested in CS, but I'm a mid-level developer and 23 yo already. Any advice?

Attached: 1564220234119.gif (200x270, 1.09M)

Other urls found in this thread:

github.com/ossu/computer-science
youtube.com/watch?time_continue=34&v=VOVaGxfJVUA
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

>asking internet for real life advice
Just go and enroll dude

why is education so expensive?
im looking for a cheap online education thats better than udemy and i cant find anything reasonable.
i mean the shits prerecorded and online so they dont even have to do much.
whatever.

>I want to go to college to study CS.
why is everyone on this boards so obsessed with learning how to play counter strike? like just play against bots and work your way up, no need to pay a professional coach to help you

Attached: 1565801971913.jpg (320x320, 29K)

github.com/ossu/computer-science

If you have enough determination (protip: you don't) and you don't lack discipline (protip: you do), then all the resources are free online and you CAN IN THEORY teach yourself everything about anything. There's full MIT courses on youtube with full lectures, there's Khan Academy, there's IRC with helpful people, and a near-infinite supply of other resources on the web.

Problem is you'll get lazy and you'll try to use shortcuts. And to become an expert you can't do that shit. You need to go all the way through, and that means hard study and serious everyday effort sustained over a period of years. The only reason why you need college is because you're too dumb and too emotionally fragile to learn on your own.

Why not take a bunch of the free online courses from MIT, Stanford, etc. first before wasting your money? Then talk to individual professors/potential advisors in specifically the field you're interested in about research and shit and try to get straight into like a masters or PhD program and skip ahead of the bullshit and start some real (academia) work. If you're good you can get funding too, don't spend your own money.

The thing is I took these courses, sat through CLRS and I know a lot of cs theory IMO. I just want to catch a break, go back to college (I already had an undergrad in law), and be a certified Durga sir to cement a job because I’ve heard this paper matters.

Also HR will filter you for not having a degree if you don't have work experience (though you fortunately do)

Yeah I was unbelievably lucky but I also spent countless hours programming, think 12h a day of pure trial and error and reading apis for my own failed project. I also have a fucked up neck due to doing this on a cheap thinkpad, never again. Fucking aches as we speak

ETH Zürich is elite tier and tuition is cheap, but you'll likely get BTFO by the difficulty and your money will run out in a year because of the cost of living.

Attached: 1513203924518.png (512x512, 105K)

>youtube.com/watch?time_continue=34&v=VOVaGxfJVUA
>this is a video in the header when I click on 'Masters' section of the website

doubt.jpg

buy 1k worth of books and teach yourself. put 30k into bitcoin instead

t. Bs and Ms in CS

sir you have to put the money here sir, now open press the windous ki plas arr

>low IQ OP and all these low IQ responses
When did Jow Forums become so stupid?

I threw a huge amount of time away being told my independent learning wouldn't matter if I didn't have a degree after I couldn't afford it. I'm trying to get out of NEETdom (sporadic, floundering semesters trying to avoid getting into student debt but no longer having a scholarship) and want to self-teach but am afraid I'll be unhirable. For reference I'm the same age as OP but don't have a prior degree anywhere (finishing an AS in EE)

I have 131 iq, but I also put a lot of effort into learning cs and programming, so that eventually made me a pretty good programmer. What makes you think I have low iq?

It is tough to get hired if you want to do interesting work right of the bat. But if you are willing to start with React and keep your head down (after all there are very bright people working with React, and a lot of ideas like immutability and virtual dom are pretty neat to explore), you can land a job

A person with a 131 IQ would have realized my post wasn't directed at him and ignored it. Instead what I got was a person with a questionable IQ seeking to defend his ego.

OP stands for poster not post. Anyways I don’t see a problem with this thread either, maybe have a smoke and give your advice instead of being irritated

I'm absolutely fine not being some startup unicorn. I just want to make ANY progress toward "making it", and would absolutely prefer keeping my head down and getting paid to fretting over schooling expenses.

treating IQ like anything but a meme is indicative of retard level IQ, so is feeling validated by whatever unsanctioned IQ test you took when you were 14

Read up on the professors at said college. Some are out to keep, it, cs ,os , is an esoteric industry these fuckwads will fail you for any reasons and if a professor makes you sign a contract get in contact with advisors and read it very very carefully good luck unifag