I installed Manjaro
it's cool

Attached: 70420.png (512x512, 5K)

Other urls found in this thread:

aur.archlinux.org/packages/mpv-git/
aur.archlinux.org/
github.com/Jguer/yay#installation
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

btw should I use the default browser (firefox) or is there anything better? I'm used to Chrome but I don't think it's a good idea to use it on Thinkpad with limited RAM

you'll do the right thing and switch to Ubuntu once you realize how fucktarded the people behind it are

what do you mean?

See you in 3 weeks when it breaks because of stupid nvidia packages

>no Media Player Classic for linux
what a fucking joke
is there anything that comes close to it? I hate VLC

SMPlayer

btw sorry if it's a stupid question but how do you actually install repositories?
let's say I want to install ffmpeg but the download section doesn't have one for Arch? what am I suppose to do?

install ubuntu
But serious answer, it should be in the regular Arch repositories
'sudo pacman -S ffmpeg' should work, and if it's something else try checking the AUR next

I figured you download repos from aur.archlinux.org/packages/mpv-git/
but what exactly do I click? I don't see any install button

aur.archlinux.org/
or compile it yourself, but on Arch and Debian you're more likely to get struck by lightning than have to do that
one of the beautiful things about Linux is that you don't have to bother with the software's website

get an AUR helper like yay
github.com/Jguer/yay#installation
after that just type "yay softwarename" in the terminal and the rest will be self-explanatory

thanks, I had to run -Sy instead of -S but it seems to work or at least do something I don't know

Attached: 1490830357322.jpg (295x450, 121K)

if I want to compile the package do I use makepkg -s or makepkg -si ?
what's the difference?

I don't get my head hurts

Attached: Screenshot_2019-08-20_00-26-02.png (1094x468, 450K)

jesus christ why everything is so hard

fuck it I've been struggling for 2 hours to install fucking ffmpeg and mpv trying every possible tutorial and it shits itself everytime I'm going to sleep in 20 minutes and tomorrow I'm switching back to windows

JUST
FUCKING
USE
UBUNTU
IF
YOU
WANT
THINGS
TO
WORK
PROPERLY

what's the point of this distro?
isn't just for retards that cannot install arch?
I just checked and they don't even use arch repositories (so it's not even cutting edge) and AUR is not officially supported, what a piece of shit
ubuntu/debian are the best general purpose distro, anything else is hipster tier, soon you understand this the better
fedora is ok too I guess (just to keep up with RHEL/centos at work) and gentoo/arch could have some use on shitty hardware, anything else is just retarded NIH shit

sudo pacman -S ffmpeg mpv
was it hard?