>2019
>still no audio support for linux remote desktop

Attached: hillary-cyber defense seminar.jpg (960x502, 65K)

Other urls found in this thread:

askubuntu.com/questions/404977/remmina-rdp-no-sound-from-remote-windows-7-computer-ubuntu-13-10
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Have there been serious advancements in the area of cloth-wiping technologies?

Serious question. Why would you need audio for remote desktop regardless of operating system?

Indeed. Why the fuck would you need audio. Remote desktop isn't meant for serious usage, only for maintenance and stuff.

copium the thread
this is how business chads do it lads

Attached: how-to-rdp-win10.png (940x492, 228K)

no that's how pajeets exploit retards

C O P E
O
P
E

Attached: 1015715635.jpg (720x499, 82K)

sir this is microsoft tech support please do the needful and install this remote desktop app so we can remove virus sir

Attached: 1562021268075.jpg (4288x2848, 784K)

spice supports two-way audio.

typical linux-tard responses.
>why do you need it
>you dont need it

Wrong.

Attached: sickhillary.webm (588x684, 2.91M)

whats wrong? that doesnt look like a strong leader? she has some disease?

Nice doxxing yourself dumbass

nothing to see here this is a deepfake by Russians, how are you this gullible?

Watch the ankle

WHAT THE FUCK

Attached: 131779.jpg (480x274, 39K)

What does it mean? Was she a robot ?

I'm sure you can rig something with pulseaudio and I think spice supports audio by default.

First of all, wtf is linux remote desktop? Is that VNC?

If you need audio, use x2go, which is significantly faster than VNC anyway.

Or if you are a true nobleman, just use X11 forwarding over SSH, which zoomers do not seem to know exists. There is literally no need for remote desktop software. It works like this:

root@mypc $ ssh -Y otherpc
root@otherpc $ firefox

And bam, firefox pops up on your screen, except it's running on the remote machine and you can browse from that IP etc. And best of all, it shows up just like any other window on your computer, and shit is fast as fuck compared to VNC, and can be made even faster by disabling compression on ssh. And you literally do not need to install or setup anything. Have SSH setup? are both computers running an X server? congrats, you can do X11 forwarding. Literally WTF is wrong with tards using VNC? VNC has no purpose on linux. X11 forwarding is better in every way, and even if that is too slow or you need audio, you can use x2goserver, which works basically the same as X11 forwarding, but has audio and is a little faster on really shitty connections. However there is ONE problem with x11 and x2go, you should only use these on machines you trust for security reasons, because there may be some clientside attacks possible. Use ssh -X otherpc if you don't trust it, works the same but is much slower. Also note on some distros ssh -X is aliased to ssh -Y or vice versa.

My guess is he is using something like remmina to a Windows device

If I'm right though it's been resolved

askubuntu.com/questions/404977/remmina-rdp-no-sound-from-remote-windows-7-computer-ubuntu-13-10

Can't you do this with netcat?

ah ok all my advice was about linux->linux remote desktop.

yea you can you can pipe the output from the audio device back to your own machine over ssh. Though it won't be properly synced up if your watching video, and this assumes linux->linux, x2go is 10x better in that situation, though the other way is a nice trick for occasional use.

WHAT THE FUCK FELL OFF HER ANKLE

> haven't touched windows technology in 15 years
> make $120000 yearly
stay mad you windows bums

people fiddling with remote desktops are bottom-most support monkeys

That works tho