/spg/ - Smartphone General

My Phone Can't Be This Cute Edition

If requesting purchasing advice, please provide your country and what carrier you will be using it with, along with wanted features, budget, and size.

Good Resources:
>Reviews, Specs, Comparisons
gsmarena.com
phonearena.com
kimovil.com

>Frequency Checker
kimovil.com/en/frequency-checker
frequencycheck.com
willmyphonework.net

>Chinkphone news
gizchina.com
gizmochina.com

>Visual Phone Size Comparison
phonearena.com/phones/size

>Recommended Chinkphones
pastebin.com/sQbs83pY

>Post a mini-review of your phone
>Discuss upcoming and current models
>Ask for help related to phones
>Tell us how much shekels you spent on good/bad phone

Previous thread

Attached: oreimo0103.jpg (1280x720, 190K)

Other urls found in this thread:

asus.com/Phone-Accessories/ZenFone-6-Stand-Case-ZS630KL/
m.gsmarena.com/heres_what_the_redmi_note_8_pro_will_look_like-amp-38771.php
m.gsmarena.com/redmi_8_appears_in_handson_images_-amp-38757.php
xda-developers.com/xiaomi-redmi-note-8-fcc-quad-cameras/
saturn.de/de/product/_motorola-moto-z2-force-2314798.html?ga_query=moto force
xda-developers.com/realme-5-pro-quad-cameras-snapdragon-712-india/
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Are there any deals on the Pixel 3a? Right now I'm probably just going to go with Google's payment plan.

What's the best case for a redmi note 7?
I like the leather flip cases a lot.
If you see exactly pic related on ebay, get it. They're far better than any of the other ones but I can't find them for my RN7.

Attached: s-l400.jpg (400x400, 26K)

Jow Forums recommended f-droid apps?

Anything like the RN7 that actually works in the US? I'm currently on Sprint, but I could do AT&T if need be.

Is the guy who got the Zenfone 6 here? I have a few questions

Yeah I'm still here

Attached: DSCF1478.jpg (4160x6240, 1.98M)

Trying to Choose Between getting T-Mobile (Current plan with family) Or Verizon with getting a line all on my own with unlimited Data. Current T-mobile Plan throttles us at 4gb.

How's the Ambient Display feature? Screen turns on when you get notifications? If you tap it it shows the normal lock screen and using the fingerprint scanner on it opens the phone?

Can you change the Notification LED colors? To blue specifically?

Reception is good here in the US even without bands 66 and 71?

Also how do you like that case? Is it slim, bulky, weighty?

The ambient display feature works as described and it asks you what notifications you want displayed on the lockscreen.

The LED indicator is a simple on/off switch so I assume no.

So I get 2-3 bars using an AT&T reseller. I live in rural Northern New England and cell reception isn't great here. Data and texting work great but occasionally indoors I'll have to place a call a second time for it to go through.

I really like the cheap chinkshit "Ultimate Experience" rubber cases. They give you a slight bezel and add softness and protection while adding not a whole lot of bulk. This is actually the third phone I've bought one of these cases for. I found that with the bigger, bulkier, bumpier style cases like Rhinoshield the phone becomes too damn bulky and uncomfortable to use with one hand.

Nobody's asked yet but I can't really speak as far as cellphone cameras go because I've been spoiled by APS-C and Micro 4/3 cameras so they all look like shit to me.

Thanks user. I've researched the shit out of this phone ever since June so I only have pretty nonsensical questions left. It's already a definite buy for me once I have stable income again (and when it gets back in stock).

Is the Motorola g7 series any good? have a limited budget and they seem to be reviewed well

i ordered to zenfone 6, tell me that i made a terrible choice!

AVOID motorola my brother as an G6 plus and it developed a fuck ton of pressure spots on the screen which seems to be happening because of the battery. Also the performance is shit and cameras as crap.

G7 Power is based, got one for my mom.

4GB, 14nm modern chip, clean OS, several day battery. All for under 300CAD. GCam works well on it too.

All the displays and batteries are from same suppliers anyway, honestly wouldn't get pissy about a brand over it.

is the zenfone 6 worth it? where do I order it?

id you want to make the same terrible choice as me i got it off B&H for $600 USD, they only have the 256GB in stock.

I got the 8 gb US model from a third party Amazon seller for $600

S10e?

looking for a phone with
dual sim(most important)
USA carrier compatibility
not oled screen(i dont like that they're hard to see in the sun)
not full of bloatware
under $300, with a camera thats better than that price

i don't do gaming or anything like that, so processor and ram aren't so important. it'd be nice to have the headphone jack but i dont really use it either so whatever

Is there any reason why I shouldn't get the Mi 9T?

No SD card

Is a huawei honor 20 worth it with the US trade ban?

If I don't care about that and 128 gb is enough of storage for me?

Not sure is the redmi note 7 is dual sim but it does come with some bloatware

Quick question...

If I buy an iPhone, does that mean I can cancel my google account? I mean, I get access to the apple app store then so I shouldn't need a google account. Profit?

>tfw less than 5 cases available for the Zenfone
>tfw they're all chinky made and not premium ones

asus.com/Phone-Accessories/ZenFone-6-Stand-Case-ZS630KL/
There is a premium one made by Asus themselves but I'm not a fan of how bulky it looks.

Should I buy a used Zenfone Max Pro M1 or just fork out AUD$100 extra for a new one?

Thinking about buying a Nokia 7.1. Anything else in it's price range that outdoes it?

>6/64 is the only Zenfone 6 variant available
it's like they want me to buy something else.

Maybe you shouldn't have waited faggot.

I'm really considering the Unihertz titan as i love the square form factor, will it have global network support?

NO

Fucking autist

No

>CTRL+F "Redmi Note 8" 0 results
Ok guys this is it, chinks didnt made Amoled for mid-range. 3 cameras and FP scanner on the back. Either tear drop notch or hole punch camera.
m.gsmarena.com/heres_what_the_redmi_note_8_pro_will_look_like-amp-38771.php

Attached: gsmarena_002.jpg (424x224, 20K)

Trash.

Chink bloat.

Yeah, disappointing. Probably packs a Helio chipset too, even worse.

mediatek garbage is most likely for Chinese market

Why buy this when the K20 exists? I doubt the price difference is massive.

K20 is 250+ eurobucks entry level, without sd so for 128 you need about 280€.
Currently rn7 is 4+64 190€ in my country from resellers without taxes but you got some 6m/1y guarantee. There is difference, i would go for k20 pro and not regular because better ROM support, from the start.

But even they're still unsure if it's the Redmi 8 or the Redmi Note 8 Pro. We've only seen the back side really.
Also, this is most likely the case:
>mediatek garbage is most likely for Chinese market

m.gsmarena.com/redmi_8_appears_in_handson_images_-amp-38757.php

Well, even that still has a Snapdragon SoC.

Fuck chinks fuck pajeets every day different info.
>indeed they will have a phone with Mediatek Gaming CPU, they are shilling it for 1 month. Seems that it wont be rn8 but idc for gayming.
Also xda-developers.com/xiaomi-redmi-note-8-fcc-quad-cameras/

>Xiaomi fucks the Mi and Redmi budget line in an effort to get more people to buy the K20 Pro
will they stop making budget phones eventually?

That's just life when you're into Xiaomi phones. They make a trillion editions of the same thing, no consistency, it's so stupid.

>They make a trillion editions of the same thing, no consistency, it's so stupid.
Not really, they just have separate global and China models. And these leaks are lackluster to say the least.

So the Mi 9T is the first Phone which is officially sold by Xiaomi in my country. How long until the Stores open?

What's a good inexpensive phone for someone who seems to be physically unable to look after her stuff?
My sister already broke 2 phones (a nokia 5 and a nokia 5.1) this year and I know she's leeching money from our parents so I'd like to find something she won't break in the near future.

Hehe, yeah some people are clumsy (or maybe mental) and break their stuff all the time. My sister broke like four laptops and many phones... Myself I have never broken any phone, tablet or laptop/computer or personal technology.

Find her a good case and a screen protector.

Uhh I forgot to answer your question.

There are no smartphones with unbreakable screens. Only chocolate bar "dumbphones".

I suspect my sister does it on purpose because one never hears her breaking them, she just doesn't use her shit in public for a month and when she does again her laptop is like missing huge chunks and the screen is not connected plus it's dirty as fuck. And she's like "there's nothing wrong with my laptop" or "user can you help me fix this?" :-P

stick the next thing she breaks in her ass

Kek ;-)

Well at least she is paying for them herself now... before she didn't.

Oh it's definitely mental in her case.
She's a workaholic running on 4 hours of sleep, unable to keep relationships going, had several episodes of self-harm and generally prone to mysery and despair.
Honestly not that big of a surprise considering where I am.

I hate people like this, it tells more about them than just fucked up electronic, funny thing is in my case, they have fuckloads of money (not their but parents money), and cracking screen and spending 250+€ on it is "ok fuck it what can i do" well idk my rn4 was 150€ lol.
Also kudos to phone makers for making phones all-glass slippery so i can easily differentiate and filter people more easily.

Got an iPhone XS Max and I’m actually pretty happy with it.
I do feel that I’m being dragged into the apple eco system though. I recently bought AirPods and I just have to admit they work damn well with my phone and the MacBook I use for university.
For some reason I miss using android though, my previous phone was a Samsung s5 which fucking sucked but Android itself was dope.
I just want a phone I can work with/tweak a little without risking reliability that I’d have with my iPhone.
Any good budget phones with nice support?
I’ve been looking at the pixel 3a/3a xl. I’m not sure about all the chink phones since you need to do some shit to unlock the boot loader and stuff

>unlock the bootloader
just get the OnePlus 7 Pro, stock OS is a joy, all the goodness of Pixel software minus the gaynigger Pixlel hardware.

either some kind of Moto Force
saturn.de/de/product/_motorola-moto-z2-force-2314798.html?ga_query=moto force

or...just keep getting her cheap phones
if she keeps breaking them, investing in a higher quality, more durable phone still isn't gonna stop her. it juts makes the loss more expensive. So keep getting her the cheapest possible shit every time desu

If you heavily discriminate against clumsy people, just say so.

when's Pixel 4?
probably September for the announcement?

Who gives a shit, it's a dud.

xda-developers.com/realme-5-pro-quad-cameras-snapdragon-712-india/

>SD712
>UFS 2.1
>4035 mAh battery
>USB-C
>microSD
>Splash resistance
>20W VOOC charging (same low-heat Dash charging as Oneplus)
>6.3" FHD+ LCD with Gorilla Glass 3
>48MP IMX586 + 8MP 119° Ultra Wide + 2MP macro Lens + Depth sensor
>4/64GB $195
>6/64GB $209
>8/128GB $237

So this nukes the RN7 Pro, right?

>realme
I doubt anyone bothers to make custom ROMs for that.

If you're in pajeetland sure

Even if Xiaomi cam software is shit i doubt that Realme has better one... I find Xiaomi more reliable and difference between 712 and 660 doesnt buy me.
Apart from that, i see no improvements and Rn7 is here for a long time, so even if it nukes it, it nukes with delay that is not worth it imo.

i'm able to get cheaper contract by ordering through a friend and my 3 price range options are:
Honor 20
Honor 8x
Huawei mate20
the 8x is 1/3 cheaper than the other two options

>bought chinkphon
>Only use it to play DSgames, lurk ibs and listen to music

Well Honor 20
>holeshit and lcd bleed
8x
>notchshit
Mate 20
>ok but not worth it.
Still all 3 of them is Huashit with shitMUI and locked bootloader.
Atleast go for MIUI and unlocked bootloader if you can (k20/k20 pro/mi 9t) and if you cant, Zenfone 6 OnePlus 7 Pro

Thanks for the advice
I know the Mate 20 doesn't sound too bad but it's price is quite high.
Too bad they don't offer any other chinkphones, maybe i'll buy a contractless one and phoneless contract

That's the reason it's cheaper, it's Huashit. Just man up and buy real phones.

Np, i see their phones as really overpriced, contract one's even more, they have best camera only on flagships, and still they arent worth it imo.
Im doing it that way as you said, contractless, AliExpress is option #1 if you are somewhere where you dont pay import taxes.

is it normal for the battery to reach 42C while wirelessly fast charging?

Attached: mega dash juice.jpg (336x280, 14K)

That is why wireless charging is not healthy for the battery.

>colorOS
>no custom roms
lmao no

How fucked am I in 1 to 2 years if I my budget can only stretch up to 6/64 Mi 9t?

Is it better to just get a cheaper SD710 with 128+mSD storage?

Resmi Note 8 will be announced tomorrow

There is like 20ish € price difference between 64 and 128gb versions? I dont understand why you even think about it then. Better buy 128 than be in need of moving files every now and then to PC in favor of saving space in your mi 9t, no?
Time and practicality pays off that small price difference imo

its china only
who cares

android file transfer sucks when copying files to pc.

260 bucks to play with possibly. Redmi Note 7 or a different option?

Motorola One 4?

mi9t is like 280$

Fast charging already generates more heat than normal, and wireless charging is extra inefficient and generates even more heat on top of that.

meanwhile chinee fast charging heats the charger itself, leaves the battery cool and fills your battery up fast as fuck
LMAO at wireless memeshit
fucking zoomer bullshit
I will literally break a wireless charger if I see it anywhere

I can get a Mi8 for a pretty good price. Is the Mi9 worth it? I'd occasionally be using the camera to record video and playing games like Honkai 3rd or Autochess/Underlords.

why Kirino?

smartphone = Android = Samsung Galaxy S
/thread

yes
mi9 is pretty good

Only way which is ok for me is when wireless charging is integrated into desk in restaurant/café/bar and you are on trip and phone is on 20% while you still want to walk and take pictures, so you just put it on spot and fill it up. Not worth price jump tho.
Yet zoomers still do this when their phone is on 60% just to show off.

whats the best thing I can buy with 250 EU

k20 from AliExpress.

What's wrong with colorOS? I see a lot of MIUI apologists around here, is colorOS much worse?

are there any ressources where i can readup on bootloader etc

i just bought an used poco for 200 bucks, i did good friends?

If the camera on a xiaomeme phone can't focus for shit unless it's set at a different resolution (instead of 48mp something lower) is this supposed to be a hardware issue?

What is the loss if my chinkphone doesn't support the B20 4G frequency?