Try to learn OpenGL

>try to learn OpenGL
>the installation alone is too hard on windows so switch to linux
>now I can't even fucking reconfigure the qt creator like the tutorial says
jesus christ why am I so retarded
as a kid I liked to burn plastic action figures with a lighter and then I chew on the plastic can this be the reason?

Attached: 1512978155722.png (961x1060, 255K)

>To run the tutorials from QtCreator, click on Projects->Execution parameters->Working Directory, and select the directory where the shaders, textures & models live. Example for tutorial 2 : ~/opengl-tutorial/tutorial02_red_triangle/

I looked at this sentence for 5 minutes and I can't understand anything
fuck this I have to get some fresh air

Just get some nice sleep and try again tomorrow. You can do it, user!

its just saying to tell it where all the assets are for the tutorial

so I have to do it manually for every one? there aren't even any assets in that folder just .cpp I don't know what's going on

Don't try to learn OpenGL from anywhere but www learnopengl com. 99% of the tutorials are horrible and outdated, and given that this one is having you use QT Creator says enough.

so which tutorial should I use? some youtube one?
and what about IDE? is QT Creator bad? if so what would you recommend instead of it?

The site in my post is the best modern OpenGL tutorial out there IMO. Another decent one is open.gl but it's less complete. Avoid any tutorial that uses the fixed function pipeline (glBegin/glVertex3f/glEnd) or GLUT. QT Creator is okay I guess but if you are on Linux I recommend just using CMake with a text editor like VS Code, or Vim/Emacs if you are feeling autistic. Trying to setup all the compiler settings for OpenGL can be a pain with an IDE.

>VS Code
isn't this basically impossible to uninstall? or was it just on windows?

VS Code is available on Linux. I assume you are using Ubuntu?

Oh wait you said uninstall, I think you can just uninstall it using your package manager.

manjaro

It looks like VSCodium (free software version of VSCode without telemetry) is available in Arch. Never used Manjaro though.

>Cmake
>Vscode
I would not listen to this guy. Qt creator is based

Attached: 1554157848868.jpg (600x450, 31K)

Just make a webpage and import javascript

It's a good IDE but for learning OpenGL almost every good tutorial uses GLFW and GLM. Learning OpenGL inside of Qt might be more difficult.

yeah but I still have no idea where to even start learning OpenGL
especially without an IDE, I'm lost

Have you considered becoming a journalist?

You should be using a text editor and the command line for compilation, people make opengl way harder than it has to be for no reason.

glfw and glew are the only libraries you'll need and I would recommend doing as little abstraction as possible to begin with. Consider using C instead of C++ and good luck with it.

I would love to do that but I just don't know how

If you're too retarded to do something simple like that, consider using Unity or some other drag and drop game engine.

Why is this hard all you have to do is install the latest driver.

user, I think /tv/ might be more your speed.

bump