Doing research paper for IT stuff

>Doing research paper for IT stuff
>Over half the papers are written by Arabs/Muslims
Without shitting up the thread with Jow Forums garbage, is there an actual reason for this? Genuinely curious

Attached: file.png (336x248, 6K)

Over half of the papers I'm using as references are written by them*

for the love of god, please don't go into IT

Too late and there's absolutely no other fields I'd rather work in. I already changed fields to this semi-recently after a 'career crisis', ultimately concluding it was by far my best option

that's happening with everything. it's because people from developed countries are less likely to get sucked into academia, so they pretty much do the minimum and get into a real career asap. People from middle eastern and asian countries feel successful just by churning out papers and making what westerners would find to be a measly income. Westerners are more likely to research for a company. Easterners are more likely to research for academia.

CS grad regretting career choices?

This is the only real answer.

People will research for a company because it helps them immediately. Putting your research out for academia is noble but not worth it. Even being a scientist is political. If the higher ups don't allow it you're not doing it. I don't know why people think scientists just get a bunch of toys that they can do whatever they want with all day. I mean we wouldn't even have GPS if it wasn't forced to be released. Plenty of "secret" good things that are hidden. They're different examples but you get the idea.

The pay is low and it's not beneficial. Only immigrants do the work because they're desperate for a better life and all that since it's better than their shit hole countries. It pays to be selfish, I guess. I mean look at how well Apple is doing compared to the Free Software Foundation or whatever. Which ironically is supported by the same companies they hate.

sauce

Also, you think the "publish or perish" pressures are bad here? They're far worse in the third world.

Attached: file.png (1428x910, 39K)

I'm tunisian and while I didn't follow my friends and go study CS and IT abroad and just went with the medical route I can confirm this
Everyone I know that went abroad is studying CS and IT exclusively. My friends tell me i's because its a growing market so they have good oppurtunities for finding a job. 99% will never go beyond a master's degree because all they want is a high paying job (compared to third world that is). If you have any question please feel free to ask. I did a lot of research before choosing not to go the IT route, I realised what we do abroad is a meme and not proper academia

Sauce.

Attached: untitled.png (1680x1050, 56K)

In the Middle East there are limited opportunities for work for women. IT is seen as unmanly but suitable for women. Simply it is a result of culture.

Tell you the truth my intro to programming was taught by a guy named Mohammad, but the complex stuff like linked lists, garbage collection, compiler creation was taught by a German. A liberal faggot taught me lisp. I hate lisp everyday including now.

Got hired by a big global company to work on their garbage collection.

imagine the smell

Why did 72398024 got removed? The answer was based

Attached: Screenshot_20190820-134432.png (720x770, 115K)

>the COMPLEX stuff like linked lists, garbage collection, compiler creation was taught by a German
>complex stuff
Being a European myself this made me smile lol

Attached: giggle.jpg (1437x1437, 859K)

Are u ok

there's also a lot more muslims/arabs than there are white people

Western academia is so fucked and bloated not much you can really do about it.

Let's say you're a smart iranian nerd doing CS, there are two possibilities for you:
1) immigrate in the West because your people are too retarded build a functional environment in which you can economically thrive like white people do
2) going into local academia

tl;dr There is no business opportunities in their shitholes

Source? I like her toes.

Yep this. Also foreigners are more like to slave away and just generally be drones, working 16+ hours away doing mindless bullshit and churning out garbage papers.
My field, geophysics, is absolutely full of chinese and other asians and I'm convinced most of the have 0 clue what all the equations they grind away at actually mean. Watching their thesis defenses and such make that quite clear.