Use Debian stable

>Use Debian stable
>Test Xfce 4.14 on virtual machine using an arch iso. Finally Xfce makes the Nordic theme not look like shit in the panel, finally doesn't screen tear and doesn't need compton anymore or configuring a '20-intel.conf' file
>Won't see this on my daily driver for most likely 2 years.
Suffering. I love not ever worrying about what updates will do to my system but xfce is the only desktop environment I use and this version while it took years to come has some really nice improvements. Also, it seems even Sid doesn't have it yet.

Attached: e199a3306227096c.jpg (366x315, 30K)

Debian is for servers, friend.

>Not just building from source
You can literally just it right now if you want. Going to take a lot longer if you wait for someone to package it nicely

largely this. Debian is for servers and very old tech boomers.

lmao, the only valid option for servers is BSD.

Install Gentoo

I guess I'll have to.

I'm using Debian oldstable in my VMs. Fully free, stable as fuck, and widely supported as a build platform. Pretty comfy.

I still have three VMs that I need to move to buster, along with my main desktop and my NAS. I'm lazy, which is part of the reason I like a slow-moving distro.

Please report on what it breaks. I share your feelings on Debian and XFCE

Don't quote me on this but from what I've heard MX 19 might be up for testing around next month and will have xfce 4.14 by default including other new things. If you want Debian stable and don't mind some extra bloat(because of all the mx tools it has) I'd say MX would be a good choice to install soon

Then install Void

Man I had my adventures with one man projects. Void is great, lightweight and simple but I need something I know I can count on for the next 10 years. Nothing against Void, I just can't allow to lose time if something goes wrong(which to be fair didn't happen while I had void installed but it's always a risk with rolling releases).

Attached: 1542361960722.png (1440x1938, 433K)

No, it isn't. It shouldn't just be for servers. It needs improvements for usage on pcs. And likely you should install Debian testing in that case.

Sorry lads linux newb here but aren't most all desktop linux distros just Debian offshoots?

ye arch is just debian testing basically

Leave Jow Forums right now

>aren't most all desktop linux distros just Debian offshoots?
No.

I use it on my home server? Did I do good?

Debian testing is fine on desktops.

>any fixes are required to stay at least 2,5, or 10 days in unstable before entering testing
no thanks