OS X for arm when?

OS X for arm when?

Attached: A61CA329-EC39-4572-95F5-67E784CF62F4.jpg (2048x1827, 1.24M)

Other urls found in this thread:

developer.apple.com/app-store/review/guidelines/
memeburn.com/2013/02/what-the-hell-is-webkit-anyway-an-all-purpose-guide/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

iOS is based on OS X, so OS X on ARM now.

I need he powerful desktop version of safari for my iPad though. Not the gimped iPhone version

Get iOS 13. What do you need out of the desktop version?

It's called iPadOS.

Probably wouldn't be able to use most of my software on it for some time but I hope it happens.
Fact is ARM on something like the Macbook would make much more sense, you don't really give a fuck about performance with this kind of device compared to battery life and lightness.

Except the latest ARM chips are as powerful as a mid-range intel laptop with a fraction of the power. It became blaringly obvious with the last few macbooks with their thermal throttling issues that their form-factor simply isn't suited to intel CPUs. The actual performance you could get out of a macbook with the latest ipad pro's chip compared to the latest macbook pro would likely be similar if not greater. We'll be there in a year or two's time. Similar to when apple used the G4 in their laptops, when it wasn't really designed for that purpose but worked pretty well anyhow, except this time they're designing and improving their own chips on licence from ARM.
Though I am somewhat worried about the software incompatibility.

>powerful safari
For what? I use safari on my iPhone and have zero issues.

Attached: 5A2A6094-CFDF-447D-BDE2-19E95F32ACED.gif (320x238, 1.93M)

>I use safari on my iPhone and have zero issues.
As if you have a choice. Only one browser on iOS.

>I have no idea what I'm talking about but will act as if I do
Why do people do this?

>he doesn't know
>he thinks he has choice
Welcome to the walled garden

Attached: 1565974148111.jpg (125x111, 2K)

says the windows babby

You know for a fact that XCode will be updated to be able to compile for ARM or X86

Incorrect. GNU+Loonix and BSDs are all I use.

>BSDs
Like macOS?

(you)

Attached: 1565981503746.jpg (474x474, 31K)

If you don't use iOS and macOS how come you are making claims over their functions?
Coupled with frogposting I can also tell you are no older than 12

Software compatibility isn't something I'm too concerned about. Remember the switch from PPC to x86? Apple did a pretty good job with Rosetta.

Ipad os has desktop safari.

As powerful as an i5 with way better graphic performance

no u
>developer.apple.com/app-store/review/guidelines/
>2.5.6 Apps that browse the web must use the appropriate WebKit framework and WebKit Javascript

Its a rather hard fork of OSX, iOS is heavily altered specifically for ARM and usage on phones and tablets. A ton of OSX's code is missing in iOS so its not that simple.

Literally just import the system library of OS X. Just like they did to port iOS apps back to the Mac.

>Firefox
>Chrome
Why are you trying to spread fake news?

Attached: E02E6CE6-6439-4C3A-83A4-E67B490CF533.png (1125x2436, 3.94M)

You think that's Firefox you're using? Its just a name. Its safari underneath.
See

Attached: you_think_thats_air_youre_breathing.jpg (1280x720, 91K)

Every web browser on iOS (with the exception of stuff like Puffin, because those sites are rendered server side) are rendered in a Safari WebView UI element. Meaning that every browser you use is just a reskin of Safari, with just a few interactions like passwords and bookmarks being handled by a different program.

iOS on ARM happens next month and that's what the new 16" MacBook Pro is. Bigger screen, normal non-butterfly keyboard, a bunch of ports added back such such as USB-A, a new XQD/CFExpress slot, 802.11ax, a SIM slot, max 64GB ram.

Cool story

Attached: 854A8BB7-7C78-41D1-A811-A712FA68C21A.jpg (1125x337, 51K)

Attached: 7CE63E2D-3E89-4859-ADB9-61C030D8F28F.jpg (1125x986, 395K)

Darwin/XNU is free software, make an arm distro for it.

>as powerful as a mid-range intel
Proof?

Are you retarded?
>As a standalone browser
Means nothing other than that it's an ad-blocker (which uses Safari' APIs by the way) thay you also can use the app itself as a browser, but by iOS App Store guidelines it has to adhere to using the Safari WebView.

Im thinking of getting an iPad but for use with ipados
Any great reviews on jewtube? All i see is awful eceleb tier videos

It already exists, it's been running on iPhones since 2007.

>as powerful as an i5

Except for when you do real work. Javascript JIT Compiling doesn't count. ARM is dogshit.

I've been saying this for years.
Apple needs to get IOS and MacOS merged on one architecture with one interface.

Simplify and centralize.
>inb4 Windows 10 trashfire.

right now, it's an arm and a leg though

Most retarded idea ever. The whole reason why I like macOS is because I can do shit like in Terminal and use a computer what a computer is good at. And I like iOS because it does what a smartphone should do pretty well, without having to care about where I put certain files or what specific process I need to kill to save battery life

Gotta compile it for the raspberry tho

You got any proof?

You are the one who needs to supply proof since these are known facts and requirements for Apps to be published on the Apple App Store.

They just gamed gookbench, it’s still angrybirds shit strangled by 16-bit memory buses that’s even more locked down and proprietary than anything Intel will ever hope to shit out. I seriously don’t understand why Jow Forums is so excited to be exploited and fucked in the ass by ultra-proprietary ARMshit just to get an extra hour or two of battery life out of a device that already got 6-8 with a processor that doesn’t lock you into a single operating system and run like shit when doing anything other than browsing Facebook.

iPad Pros are hot garbage for toddlers.

I just posted two screenshots. Thanks for your time.

Screenshots that don't have any context nor show any factual evidence that they DID NOT use Safari WebView (which is not the same as "Safari Integration").

Hopefully in the next generation. Planning on buying a mac mini to learn macOS. Ill see in 3 months I suppose.

This. Microsoft has already shown that x86 emulation can be done with a respectable performance drop on arm.

Attached: 1536284624116.jpg (1170x1246, 296K)

They definitely have prototypes already. After all, iOS is basically macOS - with many layers of lockdown shit applied.

Proof.

WebKit is an open source browser engine you dolt. Oh no, better not have any sort of standard for a platform wouldn’t want things to get fragmented like ganoo slash loonix. Firefox mobile is built on that engine. It doesn’t mean it’s a reskinned safari fagatron.

memeburn.com/2013/02/what-the-hell-is-webkit-anyway-an-all-purpose-guide/

Irrelevant. It's still either UIWebView or WKWebView. Either way it's just "Safari."
That's not proof, you're being delusional.

How can one man be so confident in their ignorance? Just admit you're wrong and learn. Fucking /v/edditor. Not surprised you're an iFag also. Your kind are all low IQ mongrels

you mean on all of those cheap tablets that were absolute flops nobody wanted? really makes you think....

lol sure thing boss

Attached: 30E51831-EB22-4512-8EB8-CD399E510163.gif (317x267, 1.71M)

lol sure thing boss

Attached: 1566010927152.jpg (700x2863, 459K)

I’m asking for proof I’ve linked 2 screenshots and an article for brainlets explaining what WebKit is and the only similarity that Firefox, chrome and safari have is the open source engine, that apple decided provides stability and security. They aren’t going to let some rogue poo bandits submit a poo browser that steals your shit.

What is this picture and why is it something you’ve been dying to post? I’m going back to work. lel enjoy your day of shit posting and eating week old tendies.

Attached: EFBE53E0-5052-4F9B-A226-7BDA1F62FCD4.gif (361x361, 1.61M)

>lose all the software, again
>and current x86 Macs will have limited future update support, forcing you to buy a new one
>ARM, an arch designed for low power consumption and heat, on desktop
No thanks

Dude. Your screen shots say nothing. They just show "enable Safari integration" which can be a whole amount of things, not relevant to using the WebView that is REQUIRED to have your app approved, and text that just says you can use the app as a standalone browser WHICH OTHER APPS CAN ALSO DO USING THAT WEBVIEW. Fuck off.

It's what you and your other retard friends do when your handler isn't around. Enjoy your day wage slaving. My job is so relaxed I can shitpost at the desk in between watching YouTube videos.
Don't reason with iTards.

Muh iPads tho

Apple doesn't care about OS X for ARM. The only reason they keep a test build for it around is so they can wave it at Intel when they don't get a sweet enough deal.

Mad.

Retard.

Hopefully never, keep that faggotry off the arm chips

not to mention ARMshit macs would basically gut any niche the pro iPads could hope to have

no (you)

>only similarity that Firefox, chrome and safari have is the open source engine
Do you know how web browsers work. Let me translate this into something closer to tard speak for you.
>browser gets webpage and resources
>browser renders stuff
>browser runs JavaScript to make the content dynamic
*All* of these things *must* be done by Apple's WebKit. If you try any of these, you will not make the appstore. All these safari skins do is bookmarks, history, passwords, etc. If you call that an full browser you're literally retarded. Since you finally acknowledge that chrome and Firefox cannot use their own engines, you have btfo'd yourself. There is no ground left to defend.
>They aren’t going to let some rogue poo bandits submit a poo browser that steals your shit.
Oh user if only that were true. Poos can *still* read the password. Remember that part about the browser managing the passwords? Opps! You're not a very good shill.

apple is the one company that could do it

Everyone already did it. Apple is decades behind and shitting out a shitty copy as usual.

Attached: 1552023690002.jpg (607x1539, 278K)

lol this is so dumb

C O P E
O
P
E

NEVER EVER
now go back to your intel SLAVECAGE all your information belongs to INTEL you goodboy BITCH