Just bought this. What do you think?

Just bought this. What do you think?

Attached: D7B6944B-35B7-4010-890B-D9524683DD4E.jpg (3634x2918, 2.51M)

Other urls found in this thread:

macrumors.com/guide/butterfly-keyboard-issues/
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

How do you press f1?

wanna buy some more nice stuff? I'm selling some serious gamer gear atm

On the TouchBar.

Enjoy your fucked keyboard iToddler

>5 years extra warranty for keyboard

Yeah, I'll be ok :>

unfortunately nobody cares

Except you'll be heading back to the Apple store every month for a replacement. There is no fix.

macrumors.com/guide/butterfly-keyboard-issues/

>suspiciously forced fullscreen
>vector artifacts around borders of screen
>screen too bright given context of photo
Obvious shop is obvious

Attached: DLON7AbX0AAEy7g.jpg (960x882, 77K)

beautiful :)))))

warranty = you give us back the fucked up shit and u will wait a month.

njoy iSheep

Attached: CE917D7F-7EA6-414B-9F9A-A2C9F229E6C9.jpg (4032x2855, 2.31M)

I assume it's not new? It looks greasy as fuck.

Got it 2 weeks ago. I just have a skin on it and shit, so doesn't look "stock" but at least it won't get scratched.

Nice laptop!

Thanks gais :>

>skin on it
Literally why? Just use it normally.

Naw i toss it around all the time, skin is good.

Got it for $1300 after taxes, not bad even with 8GB of RAM/256GB SSD. Quad core boosts to 3.6GHz or some shit and has a 9hr battery life. And great screen.

Watch out for tiny particulates lest your keyboard fail.

The aluminium doesn't scratch very easily user.

>apple doesn't glow
literally lacks the only thing making a macbook nearly worth buying.

There's a keyboard cover, hence the haze over it.

My last MBP did.

Doesn't chime during boot either :(

And no magsafe.

why didn't you just wait 3 weeks for new macbook lineup?

probably a waste of money. what are you gonna use it for?

Pros were refreshed a little over a month ago, September is always for iPhone.

>$1300
>8GB of RAM

give it back, jamal.

>tfw your yoga comes in at half price, better specs, more meme features, more actual features and looks better ontop of all that
lel

That you wasted your money and should have bought a nicer table

Im thinkimg about getting a laptop and am torn between mac and windows... ive heard the longevity for macs are pretty good but the price and the keyboard horror stories make me hesitant. Im thinking about getting an ASUS GA502DU - PB73

you are now gay *and* studpid

HA

Did you buy that in China or America?

>gaymen chinkshit

What do you recommend then

Depends entirely on what you need it for, what you want to get out of it and budget.

>a fucking logo is the reason to buy a macbook
Why is it that zealots like you accuse us Mac users of being dumb when the fucking moronic ones are yourselves?

I have a black plastic shell on my MacBook and I put black tape over where the Apple logo shines through because I don't want to attract thieves. And there's no practical purpose to showing a glowing logo. So it's covered.

Macs are not perfect computers but I'm a web developer and so having UNIX, plus also having native Adobe applications, plus trackpad gestures and other usability features, makes it my preferred platform for this sort of thing. If I was pure gaming obviously I'd get a Windows machine, which I might do in the future. And if I wanted to tinker I'd use Linux. Also I might not get another MBP because the current ones have issues. But for what I'm doing, MacOS works very well, and has features which Windows sorely needs.

$1000-1400 for music production (ableton), programming, and everyday use.
I just want something reliable and that will last a decent amount of time.
My parents got me an alienware laptop a while back for me to go to college and it was literally garbage.

>music production
Unironically a Mac. If you're paranoid, keyboard is covered for 4 years anyway.
New is out of your pice range though, look at refurbished models with a decent warranty.

Alright thanks

very nice laptop, what operating system are you running on it?

Mac user here. My advice is this: use what you want to use. Don't let people on a Cambodian basket weaving forum tell you what to get. It's your money, spend it how you like. If you prefer a Mac, then yes go for that. If you prefer Windows, then yes go for that. Do research into what the music production options on each platform are (yes Macs and Logic are used very widely, but I think Windows and Pro Tools is used by many as well).

Like I say, I'm a Mac user myself, so clearly I thought it was good enough to get one, but the most important thing is that you get what you want to use. Do not let others sway your decision because you will always regret it. Get what you prefer, simple as that.

Also you said something about the Mac keyboards earlier - I think Apple will cover you for a while with the keyboard because they know there's been issues with it. Read up about it if you're interested in a Mac.

I literally do not care, one way or another. I have no opinion. I kinda like MacBooks, actually.

Hold the Fn key, then press F1. Just like you would on a normal keyboard.

I hear the 2019 models have been fixed in terms of durability/reliability.

honetly find this liece of hardware gorgeous

touchbar not my style but that display and the specs are nice

I really do wish they would offer a version without the touch bar, but they've done the opposite, by eliminating the only version that didn't have a touch bar (entry level 13" version). Fuck modern Apple, the 2015 MBPs were the last good ones. They had a retina display and were thin and light, but they still had proper ports (MagSafe, USB-A 3, full-size HDMI, Thunderbolt, SD card reader), and they had a functioning keyboard, and no stupid touch bar.

I think you're a fat ugly pathetic attention whore.

There can't be a last if there was never a first.
Macs are, were, and always will be steaming shitheaps.

Attached: 1563318118574.png (630x1300, 367K)

It's literally the same as my 2014 one i paid 600€ for, just no touchbar and more real ports

>What do you think
OP is off his meds again

I like the Touch Bar. It doesn't hinder functionality and only makes the experience better. Only slightly, but still. Where it doesn't make a difference, it doesn't get in the way and where it does make a difference, the difference is a net positive.

Should've gone for the 15".

>touchbar
oh no no no

touch bar did nothing wrong

itt: poor people making themselves angry over a laptop they'll never be able to afford anyway

Not necessarily, but the touch bar models are garbage. Keyboard that's super loud and obnoxious, which is also designed to fail, and isn't user replaceable because it's glued in. No access to the soldered on storage for when the T2 chip dies you lose all your data, since this requires a full on board swap. And vrms that can't stay cool enough to let the cpu do anything but throttle. The only good MacBook Pros were the retina 2013 models.

Sometimes the program you're running will provide a context if the f keys are needed and they will show in the touchbar. For example, when running a windows VM that is in focus, the f keys will be present on the touchbar until you move focus out of windows. At any time, you can still use Fn to bring up the f keys, not unlike most laptops.

forcing me to look at the keyboard is wrong.

Personally I think they should add a haptic engine in the touch bar, allowing you to feel where the buttons are.

>What do you think?
I think these threads should start getting deleted, considering they spam the board every single day.

Attached: IMG_20190327_114208_174.jpg (1280x853, 272K)

no one's forcing you to look at the touch bar. you can usually kind of feel out where virtual keys are just based on muscle memory, the same way you can feel where the "keys" are on your phone's on-screen keyboard.

>no magsafe
they're slowly taking away every feature possible until retards start sending them yearly $2000 checks as a donation.

Attached: welp.jpg (640x426, 98K)

What's with the ridges around the speaker grilles?
and the keyboard for that matter
Is this actually a macbook pro?

jk it's just a skin I'm retarded

Attached: 1564684542837.jpg (1600x1200, 275K)

Gei

There shall be no help
You are on your own; it's always this way

>buy a laptop I clearly cannot afford
>wrap it in skins and shit because I'm too scared to even touch it
>"b-but what if I scratched it or something, that might hurt the resale value"

Ah, an NPC, I see

AHHHH
I need a fucking laptop and I don't want a thinkpad
and I'm stuck between bare-bones and middle of the road
looking at the surface go and maybe acer's nitro5
but I'm afraid the surface go would be too bare-bones and the nitro looks ugly af with the gamer aesthetic

>The Register
Lmao, buttmad 50 year old detected, go to bed gramps.

Granted I haven't used it for an extended period of time but I think the non-physical escape key and media/volume keys would annoy me. Also, it's just an expensive novelty that you're forced to pay for. They should make it optional. I will definitely look at other laptops when I get my next one, although that will be at least a couple years from now. I know the Huawei Matebook or whatever it's called has got really good reviews, and it looks pretty cool, but then obviously there's the question of whether you risk the Chinese government spying on you.

t. Buttmad basement dweller who regurgitates whatever Jow Forums tells him to think

At least macs have resale value lol

all of Jow Forums are NPCs with chinkpads/arch/gentoo memes lmao. ur just seething because ur broke bitch

Are apple laptops the only option for good track pads?
I figure there are some laptop users here. I have a laptop I wasted $500 on in late 2016. 13.3" 1080p i3 6100u 8gb ram 256gb ssd. It's still in mint condition because I've used it maybe 10 times since I bought it.
The trackpad is the most important part of a laptop to me. You constantly use it. The reason I never use my laptop is because it's so much less comfortable than a mouse at a desk. When I had my 2007 macbook this was not the case, the trackpad was great to use because the scrolling was responsive and seamless. As was cursor movement.
p.s. fuck apple for refusing to make nice laptops. neither apple or any other laptop maker has topped this in 12 years now.

Attached: macbook4black20050516_06.jpg (1440x900, 340K)

If you wanted a MacBook so bad why didn’t you get an older one with a proper keyboard?

which one should i get
ahhhhhhhh

Enjoy it! MacOS works like BSD so it's a fully functioning computer just like all the Unix tards here have. Use Emacs

>non-physical escape key and media/volume keys would annoy me.
It hasn't really been much of a problem so far. You don't have to actually touch the Esc icon, you only have to touch anywhere in the general area and it'll still count it as an Esc keystroke. As for the volume and brightness buttons, I kind of like them because a lot of people think you have to tap them and then wait for the animation to finish and then drag the slider to where you want but actually you can just slide it in one swift motion. Just put your finger on the icon and start moving it up or down. It's quite a bit faster than the traditional up/down tap method.
It is stupidly expensive, though, and should be optional. On the other hand, I think part of the reason software developers are mostly ignoring it so far is because Apple hasn't really shown much of a commitment to it. I think if they put the Touch Bar on all their keyboards (including the desktop ones), software might actually start taking advantage of it.