Why is AMD bad at single-threaded performance?

Why is AMD bad at single-threaded performance?

Attached: 20190821_172323.jpg (1440x2677, 895K)

Other urls found in this thread:

reddit.com/r/Amd/comments/ccsh2v/has_anyone_tried_this_potential_gaming/etpb44p
pcgamer.com/amd-ryzen-9-3900x-and-ryzen-7-3700x-review-in-progress/
principledtechnologies.com/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

>8-17 percent
who fucking cares

>1080p 2080ti gayming
intel is desperate. can't wait until ddr5 ryzen 5000. or maybe i should wait for intels first 10nm desktop chip? i wonder which comes first.

Because they didn't use as much speculation black magic as Intel, much of which is coming back to bite them as people figure out it can lead to timing attacks and leak information.

>don't sacrifice security to take performance shortcuts
>why is it slightly slower
Dunno man, it's a mystery.

I upgraded 7700k to a 3900x and 3900x performs better in every gayme I've played so far
fucking retarded benchmark

>politically correct gamer
>8% in one specific use case
lmao intel is desperate

Yeah who cares about performance.

it's a difference of microseconds

Single threaded performance is the least of its issues. Core latency, heat, high voltages are all far more debilitating and frustrating problems that you'll have to deal with if you were dumb enough to get punked.

OV VEY SHAMING AMD IS NOT ALLOWED.

Why does 9700k beat 9900k in single thread, my shitskin kike?

Pajeet code games do everything on a few threads where each hogs up all the resources in a single core, instead of distributing the work evenly across more relatively less demanding threads. When Windows migrates two of these threads onto a single core you get a shitstorm. This is a problem with AMD too:

reddit.com/r/Amd/comments/ccsh2v/has_anyone_tried_this_potential_gaming/etpb44p

Every time you add more cores you also sacrifice single core performance you absolute fucking mong.

>AMD's 3900X is 21 percent faster than Intel's i9-9900K.
Here's single-threaded for productivity. You are employed, right?
see above

Attached: IntelNever.png (600x800, 157K)

Intel loses as much performance with each new mitigation.

>using kike
>using shitskin
go back to Jow Forums fucking idiot
Games like processor speeds instead of cores
Single threaded tasks are better on Intel while Multi-core tasks are better on AMD

Are you pretending to be blind or are you just a retarded, nigger?
See

>it's got 8-17% higher performance with single-thread
>that's all that matters, ignore the security flaws
>and the 30% performance drop from the patches
oh

>9700K
>superior than the 9900K

In the interest of trying to be better than AMD, they proved that their own benchmark is worthless. A CPU with less cores and threads and clocks lower overall, performs better than the highest class CPU within the same family.

FUCKING LOL

t. punk motherfucker who's stuck with Poozen for the next 5 years

>he doesn't buy a new cpu every month

>8400 this high
Amd is just bad at games period

>i have a CPU with a black-box MINEX with a TCP/IP stack on the south bridge
>but it does less than 20% better on single-thread before i patch out the unintended backdoors

Attached: 1561627899275.jpg (778x675, 85K)

Yet ANOTHER intel biased graph testing pre 3xxx cpus.
Fuck outta here fambalam

My 1700 begs to differ.

You have to actually enable IME to use it.
>muh features are bad argument
Sounds familiar... *cough bsd cough*
depreciate yourself

.t enraged intlel autist

Kill yourself tripfag

That says overall, not single-thread.

Did I ever tell you the definition of a punk motherfucker?

A punk motherfucker is someone who gets clowned all the time by everyone because he's too much of a pussy to unfuck himself. That's you. You got punked and now you're stuck with a punk CPU.

>both CPUs are 8 cores
based retard

Just like OPs right? Try harder.

you have to be 18 to post on Jow Forums.
try 8ch.

1700 sucks dick at gaming

>tu quoque
seething

>You have to actually enable IME to use it.
IME is enabled by default. The only way to disable it completely is to rewrite your BIOS chip to flip the reserve_hap flag to true.

>all these Poozenfags in denial about getting punked

pcgamer.com/amd-ryzen-9-3900x-and-ryzen-7-3700x-review-in-progress/

Tried using Archive to not give them clicks but it didn't preserve benchmark images

How can Poozenfags still deny getting punked? I would understand at first when all the benchmarks came from AMD or AMD shills you could be forgiven (although you still have to be fucked up in the head to base your decisions on benchmarks that AMD made themselves but whatever) but now that all the real benchmarks that show AMD getting btfo are out there for everyone to see, you have no excuse.

We've all seen them, and it's great to see a lot of AMDjeets getting past the denial stage, at first they were like “oh well I don't care that much about performance anyway” but now a lot of them have no problem admitting that they got punked.

Admitting that you got punked is the first step towards not being a punk motherfucker.

Bad architecture

Imagine having a build that only lasts like 1 year before you have to upgrade

Saving this and using it for Intel thx

Imagine being such a punk motherfucker that you make up fake stories on Jow Forums to make yourself feel like you're not a punk motherfucker for just a brief moment of your life.

Dude what is my story

Upgrading a $300 CPU with a $600 COU a year later and saying it's better? What the fuck is your point

>that one seething intcel spamming punk to cope with his retarded i9-9900KYS purchase

t. punk motherfucker who's stuck with a $600 Poozen that gets the same gaming performance as a stock Sandy Bridge

because they are selling you a datacenter CPU, designed for that goal.
Just because they cut off a shitty binned piece and give it to gamers doesn't mean its designed to be good for video games.

I just came across an x79 system for no cost. What should I do with it? Sell it before it's totally obsolete in 3 years?

Attached: 1489182723182.png (657x527, 193K)

No dude, I fuckin have ivybridge, what the fuck are you getting at

do it. incels live like the poor turds they are, they will pay the premium for it and live in their filth.

>pay three game developers to compile their game with the Intel C++ Compiler
>conveniently pick these three games for inclusion in the benchmark
>claim Intel is faster

>make up stuff to cope
>have no proof but it makes me feel better
>post it on the internet to help others cope as well

Shit test senpai.

Attached: __karasuma_chitose_normad_and_vanilla_h_galaxy_angel_drawn_by_nyama__61fe8b072ddbd6cb932b9d1fc906077 (738x947, 261K)

>when you realize that the 3900x costs $600

punk motherfuckers paid $600 for a Poozen because they got clowned by a bunch of small time, paid Youtube cucks

Attached: 6c2f84e015e64cfad6ff68a03843963801ca03ec68436bc9a6ac41d2c8fd9537.jpg (500x500, 57K)

I used 7700K two and half years

>7700k
>9600k
>above 3900x

ah yeah principledtechnologies.com/

all over again

op's literally say overall you idiot LOL

This is the guy who clowned all these fuckers into buying Poozen. This fucking clown ass motherfucker literally CLOWNED all these punk motherfuckers into spending $600 on a Poozen. I can barely believe this shit that I'm typing right now. Like, maybe if he were some sort of respected computer scientist it wouldn't be as humiliating, but Poozenfags got absolutely CLOWNED by this fucking dude.

Can you imagine in the future someone's going to ask them why they spent $600 on a Poozen and they say “well it's because LinusTechTips told me it was a great CPU” can you imagine being this much of a punk motherfucker

I mean we've all been clowned at some point in our lives but Poozenfags take getting clowned to a whole new level.

Attached: D7ShRPYXoAA-XXB.jpg (1200x1200, 177K)

>I can barely believe this shit that I'm typing right now

i mean you are coping so hard its not even laughable at this point

How do these punk motherfuckers deal with the fact that he got clowned by LinusTechTips?

>9700k and 9900k are both 8 core CPU
>3900x has better single threaded performance according to OP, compared to the 3700x despite have 4 additional cores

t. punk motherfucker who got clowned by the fat fuck on LinusTechTips

It doesn't mislabel it as single thread, though.

you know PCGamer was sponsored by Intel right? quite openly.

Good goy

Maybe you should reread the OP then

The OP pic quotes part of an article and posts an image from some other part. It doesn't proclaim the quote describes the image contents or vice versa. Learn to read.

I don't know, why can't Intel stop being pozzed shit?

>gaymes in the 2020s will be single core based
wat

Kill yourself

Attached: Faggot.png (698x2151, 296K)

interesting they didn't compare the 2990wx as that is actually in the price range, but still cheaper than the 9980xe. Still not a bad showing by the 3900x a $500 cpu lol

Most benchmarks are useless because you don't know if it was tampered with or what configuration they used. Just look at iPhones. Benchmarks show they are so much faster than a snapdragon but as soon as you see real life tests the iPhones fall way behind. Benchmarks are nothing but false marketing most of the time...

420 benchmarks blaze it
stop posting fake articles

If I were a punk motherfucker who got clowned into buying a $600 Poozen by the fat guy on LinusTechTips I too would spend hours making huge graphs with cherrypicked benchmarks and then angrily quote everyone in the thread.

I'm not buying Intel until they release a processor with none of these vulnerabilities that appear every Tuesday

Kikes vs mudslimes processor edition

GOOD PRODUCT

Attached: goodproduct.png (1504x606, 405K)

>ryzen 3000 releases
>ryzen 2600 available for as low as 90 yurobux

what to do with all this insane price to performance ratio

(You) illiterate motherfucker why did you reply to me?

>9700K faster than a 9900K
>7700K faster than i5-8400
yup, looks legit

He has brain damage from getting clowned

This, the 2600 and 1600 are the best CPUs to buy if you have a least one fuctional braincell

Didn't make a single post yet, but read them all, why you can't speak like a functional human? Do you think you're funny or something? Is it how you make it clear you're just shilling for shitposting purposes? Get lost with this "punk motherfucker" thing, every time you say it your argument turns into trash, if you want to prove a point, use cohesive information and present it in a understandable way, not this shit show you're doing, people will never take you seriously if you keep saying dumb shit like this.

am I getting clowned if I'm still considering 3600 for an improved architecture? I'm thinking of pairing it with a 5700 or even XT, but the 80-90€ seem ill spent and I hardly doubt the 2600 will bottleneck for games and it wasn't that far behind in productivity to worry me the slightest
I would also consider a 1600 but they are hardly cheaper so it seems like a bit of a waste

>9700K faster than a 9900K
It can be in gaming. It's just the same story as 3900X that performs better in a lot of games with threads disabled. Real cores are always better. If software doesn't benefits from more threats, they're just slowing it down.

>Imagine having a build that only lasts like 1 year before you have to upgrade
7700K is still a totally fine CPU. You have to be a consumerist bitch to upgrade it just after a year.

If you are looking to be productive no, you are not getting clowned. If you are looking for a fancy toy to mainly play games and shit post on yes, you are getting clowned.

>7700K is still a totally fine CPU. You have to be a consumerist bitch to upgrade it just after a year.
I'm still running on a 4570 because upgrading CPU seemed like waste
Am I out of touch?

guess I'm in for some sweet bargains then
AM4 is truly looking like a blessing too

Attached: RMc59xV[1].png (224x214, 50K)

>intel literally calls it singlethreaded
>user copes and says no

Why does intel suck so much at anything that isn't single-thread, including multi-thread, latency, security, ECC support or not being a housefire?

>Why does intel suck so much at anything that isn't single-thread, including multi-thread, latency, security, ECC support or not being a housefire?
Latency? Core latency is fine. Memory latency is really good with Intel (Like 20-25ns better than Ryzen).

>9900k is best for gaming goy
>loses to 9700k
What did the shitskin kikes mean by this?

Attached: 1558950008166.jpg (683x640, 163K)

>losing to 7700k

Imagine buying AMD trash LMAO

Attached: 1388465802422.gif (332x215, 1.99M)

Meanwhile in reality...

Attached: 1566437728095.png (500x1250, 81K)

yes sirs do more needfuls and buy intels

>mfw Jow Forums baited me into buying a 3700x build

Attached: 1559687639861.jpg (392x495, 120K)

Why are you a fucking Intel shill lying about AMD?

I feel the same about my Haswell-e.

Remember, kids: Benchmarks don't mean shit. They lie and show performance for whatever the fuck the maker of the benchmark wants to optimize for on a specific piece of hardware. Benchmarks can make the fucking 65xx 8-bit processor look better than any modern AMD/Intel card given the right parameters.