/pcbg/ - PC Building General

ATTENTION: Graphics card prices are excessive by historical standards; therefore, consumers should delay or completely forgo any midrange to high end graphics card purchases. The gouging has two root causes: lack of market competition and shortage/"new normal" pricing during the mining hayday.

>Assemble a part list
pcpartpicker.com/
>Example gaming builds and monitor suggestions; click on titles above parts lists to see notes
pcpartpicker.com/user/pcbg/saved/
>How to assemble a PC
youtube.com/watch?v=69WFt6_dF8g

Want help?
>State budget & CURRENCY
>Post at least some attempt at a parts list
>List your uses, e.g. Gaming, Video Editing, VM Work
>For monitors, include purpose (e.g., photoediting, gaming) and graphics card pairing (if applicable)

CPUs based on current pricing:
>Athlon 200GE - HTPC, web browsing, bare minimum gaming (can be OC'd on most mobos with the right BIOS)
>R3 2200G - Recommended minimum gaming
>R5 2600 - Good gaming CPU with great value
>R5 3600 - Great gaming CPU
>R7 3700X - Overkill gaming CPU
>R7 2700 - Budget video editing
>R9 3900X - Professional tasks

RAM:
>Always choose at least a two stick kit; 2x 8GB is recommended
>CPUs benefit from high speed RAM; 3200CL16 is ideal
>AMD B and X chipsets and Intel Z chipsets support XMP

Graphics cards based on current pricing:
>AAA or multiplatform games: Radeon card appropriate for your montior
>PC centric or VR games: Nvidia card appropriate for your display
>Used RX 570s can be had for a steal; inquire about warranty
1080p 16:9
>RX 570 8GB - good performance with great value
>GTX 1660 - standard

General:
>PLAN YOUR BUILD AROUND YOUR MONITOR IF GAMING
>Don't bother buying a new monitor for gaming unless it's high refresh with adaptive sync
>A 250GB or larger SSD is almost mandatory; consider m.2 form factor
>Bottleneck checkers are worthless

Previous:

Attached: old graphics card battle.png (1922x1878, 1.26M)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=vHS_3qi0kXg&t=4m30s
pcpartpicker.com/list/RfG729
youtu.be/NsJ4nGOGtLA
youtube.com/watch?v=TK7eOrgOISc&t=29m45s
pcpartpicker.com/list/737Qjy
pcpartpicker.com/list/CR8LWD
pcpartpicker.com/list/cnqDr6
amazon.com/AOC-AG271QX-2560x1440-DisplayPort-Quickswitch/dp/B01NCTHS6E?th=1
newegg.com/lg-49bl95c-w-49-dual-qhd/p/N82E16824025947
amazon.com/Dell-UltraSharp-34-Inch-LED-Lit-Monitor/dp/B00PXYRMPE?ref_=fsclp_pl_dp_3
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

youtube.com/watch?v=vHS_3qi0kXg&t=4m30s
>why are they so cheap?

pcpartpicker.com/list/RfG729

This is more than I wanted to spend but I think it follows the suggestions I've seen in this general and the "more" link. I can't afford the more high-end components but don't want to pay almost as much as this to get a subpar quality product. Am I fucking up somewhere?

Attached: build.png (960x611, 50K)

You could go cheaper on the mobo and processor. It's like you're building to overclock but I know you aren't.

nice white lie you veneer faggot

What monitor? You need at least 1440p 144Hz (or a Valve Index) to go with that build. If you're at 1080p, get a 2060S 8GB at most

Finally got my 3900X.

capitalism is capitalism
if it were a problem then why is the internet allowing you to buy them? guarantee you cloudflare or some other google-infiltrated DNS server hosts that webpage.
if it was an REALLY issue, microsoft would force google to blacklist all those pages. who cares.

Boys need help. Case fan is spinning till bios icon comes up and then it just stops. I know it is motherboard issue because if I change the fan to other fan connector it works flawlessly. Does anyone know a fix?

he didn't say anything how MS actually does ban these keys all the time.

dont bully tech deals he just wants to help

Fans only spin if they need to

probably a fan profile setting on bios, like setting it to not turn on until a certain threshold

You're right, should I move to a 9700 and cheaper Z390 mobo?

I'm getting a LG 27GL850-B, pre-ordered one from bhphotovideo

youtu.be/NsJ4nGOGtLA

Oh my god its not a joke lol. Evga themselves say they put a super sticker on the card that you should pull off. Sigh i ordered an xc ultra too i wish it wasnt so lazy

>Fans only spin if they need to

Attached: 1564825994177.png (785x861, 241K)

>27gl850
Just based dude i was the one shilling in here the past month. I have been loving in

Attached: 20190818_164755.jpg (4032x3024, 3.39M)

help Intels bottom line maybe. never seen such an open shill

Just stop bro. Youre making a fool of yourself insulting chad deals

youtube.com/watch?v=TK7eOrgOISc&t=29m45s
on his "what intel processor should you buy" video he literally recommends 3 amd processors instead of intel and says only one intel processor is worth buying, but it's not his top recommendation

Does that work if it has 3 pin, not 4 pin connection?
It turned off after I set my ram to run at its normal speed. Tried lowering it but still doesn't work

Cheers mate

wtf is this cucked op ? fucking kill yourself. GPU prices are fine poorfag

of course cause he knows no one will care about second recommendation

t. zoomer

pcpartpicker.com/list/737Qjy
Finally receiving my last two components in two days. At last, after all this Waiting™

>vsync
holy fuck how do you stand that shit? vsync feels like shit, especially at only 144fps/hz. 240hz with unlocked fps is the only qay to play. its a shame 480hz is only available on shit resolution crts

Attached: daddyvirgin.jpg (564x535, 45K)

Please critique my Micro 4k/VR rig:

>PCPartPicker Part List: pcpartpicker.com/list/CR8LWD

CPU: Intel Core i7-9700K 3.6 GHz 8-Core Processor ($358.89 @ Walmart)
CPU Cooler: Corsair H100i PRO 75 CFM Liquid CPU Cooler ($124.89 @ OutletPC)
Motherboard: MSI MPG Z390M GAMING EDGE AC Micro ATX LGA1151 Motherboard ($186.67 @ Amazon)
Memory: G.Skill Trident Z RGB 32 GB (4 x 8 GB) DDR4-3200 Memory ($209.99 @ Newegg)
Storage: Samsung 970 Evo 1 TB M.2-2280 NVME Solid State Drive ($169.99 @ B&H)
Storage: Samsung 970 Evo 1 TB M.2-2280 NVME Solid State Drive ($169.99 @ B&H)
Video Card: Asus GeForce RTX 2080 Ti 11 GB ROG Strix Gaming OC Video Card ($1239.99 @ Newegg)
Case: NZXT H400i MicroATX Mini Tower Case
Power Supply: Corsair RMx (2018) 750 W 80+ Gold Certified Fully Modular ATX Power Supply ($129.90 @ Amazon)
Operating System: Microsoft Windows 10 Home OEM 64-bit (Purchased For $0.00)
Total: $2590.31

I'll wait to purchase GPU last, just to see what's best at the time.

pcpartpicker.com/list/cnqDr6

I'm going to go for it and buy this list this November-December. I could buy it all now but I'm in not in a rush.

What do you think about this build for 1080p 60HZ 60FPS+ AAA gaming on high to ultra settings? When my monitor dies I'll get a 1440p 144hz probably. I'll also do some recording and streaming probably.

I have everything else(case, PSU, HDD). I don't care for LEL traycing, but prefer nVidia GPUs over AMD's.

I've never paid so much for CPU and GPU before. It's like double my usual costs, but I hope that this system will last me for at least 5 years.

>play with v-sync off
>stutters
>play with v-sync on
>no stutters, but input lag
I just cant win

Attached: 1479214921757.png (630x630, 603K)

>1440p 144hz mustardrace
1080p 60hz chad here. dont have that problem.

Is TestMem5 dead for Ryzen 2's?
It's a shame because that was the best RAM tester.

I play at 1080/60 retard

>itt: cheap b450 msi mobos

Yikes.

You don't use vsync on a 144Hz monitor, retard

WHY THE FUCK WON'T MY 3200MHZ RAM RUN AT 3200MHZ
AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH
YES I DID THE TIMINGS RIGHT

YES I HAVE A X370 1800X RYZEN

did you

ill triple check them and/or try again tomorrow.
thank you for your patience in these trying times.

Does it really matter? You got punked. Memory's not going to help.

it's probably a placebo you're right who fucking cares. my machine works.

why not just use XMP profile?

If I'm playing at 1080p 60hz should I get a 2060s or a 5700xt considering they're the same price?

Depends on the games you play, but probably neither for 1080p 60Hz. A 1660 is plenty for 1080p

I want to max out my games. Modded Skyrim for example.

2060s for non shit performance on game launch

Its freesync/gsync

just get an RX580

sends the system into an infinite post loop.
t-thanks AMD.

modded out skyrim is almost impossible to run at high fps without absolute top end hardware because the mods are so poorly optimized

amazon.com/AOC-AG271QX-2560x1440-DisplayPort-Quickswitch/dp/B01NCTHS6E?th=1
Thoughts? Suggestions on other 144hz 1440p monitors?

works on my rig

Make sure you up your voltage on your DRAM to 1.45 and try that

isn't that the limit?
wouldn't 1.35(current) to 1.4 be a better idea?

try updating your bios and starting from defaults again

See if it works at maximum DRAM voltage first. and set your SOC voltage to like 1.18.

really fast ram takes 1.5V but yea could step it up slow

thanks ill try it out.
voltage might be it.

So is a 5700xt top end?

I thought my system couldn't run with XMP profiles but it just had to like train itself by restarting a few times and then it worked fine. 3600 and b350 board

>consumers should delay or completely forgo any midrange to high end graphics card purchases
What the fuck should I buy then?

No, it's mid range.

>amd
>top end
Take a wild guess

Does anyone have a Corsair Spec-Omega or Spec-06 case?

I'm curious how well it works. If it does okay for CPU water cooling and how well it does for cooling in general. Its really popular in cases these days to not have an open or mesh front, but some seem to work okay this way and others less so.

Original plan was the NZXT H500 case, but so many of my parts are Corsair as is my keyboard I wouldn't mind keeping with a theme. I've always made boring boxes for some practical purpose and once I would like to make something that looks nice and fits an area its going in.

rx 580 is more than enough

no a 2080 ti is low high end and titan RTX is top high end

>tfw not sure if I should get the 9900k or the 3900x for maximum frames at 1440p

Attached: 1565813607850.png (1268x673, 207K)

its like a faulty bot, damn

The 9900k will give you the most frames in games, if you're not streaming. 3900x is better at everything else.

You shouldn't have to stay at 1.45 but if it is still having issues it might be your RAM or Motherboard.

>Redhill images.

I currently run two 1920x1200 Dell monitors, and want to replace them with a single windscreen without loosing retail space, and with the ability to emulate dual screen, and center my games.
Is there such a monitor? Preferably 1440 in height

Attached: 7ff561bf206722f08774624d18f6056c.jpg (1200x900, 145K)

Based 8400

get a xeon or epyc cpu

The choice is really between the 3700X and the 9900K. Absolute max frames would be 9900K, but personally I'd say it's not worth it unless you have a 2080Ti

Depends on what you're using a graphics card for

Probably not exactly what you want. Closest would probably be 3840x1080p 32:9. Notice that monitor is just half a conventional 4K display. For 1440p vertical, you'd need ~5000 horizontal pixels to keep a 32:9. Your monitors are 16:10, but they'd still need more than 3840 horizontal pixels. Short answer is probably not because of the awkwardness

Nobody?

Can I ask about printers here? I didn't want to make a thread just for this. What's a good cheap ass printer for printing out college papers? Should I just go to Goodwill and grab the first one I see? I see plenty of $35-$50 ones on Amazon. USB only, none of those gay retard ones that are wifi only.

Its retarded lurk more

you should try to kys

That's bs, 9700K is a very viable choice as well and costs less than a 3700X with an X570 motherboard.
If you're making a pure gaming rig, 9700K is the second best possible choice right now, only surpassed by the 9900K.

here you go boyo
newegg.com/lg-49bl95c-w-49-dual-qhd/p/N82E16824025947

Attached: gggg.jpg (1280x960, 24K)

$650 budget for a completely new system, including case but minus monitor and kb+m, go!

even better
amazon.com/Dell-UltraSharp-34-Inch-LED-Lit-Monitor/dp/B00PXYRMPE?ref_=fsclp_pl_dp_3

Too poor just buy a ps4 pro

I already put together a ryzen + rx 580 + 16gb RAM build for less than $600, come on now. I was just wondering what others would come up with.

>gee I wonder why they have this feature, lets turn on the fans and see
>the fans have his constant annoying whine
>silent mode is literally nessary not to kill myself from the acustic torture
Replaced them with some artic fans that constantly spin but never made annoying sound.

Unused fans is wasted fans

Something like this, feel free to replace the PSU with whatever as long as it's at least 80+ Bronze and from a reputable brand.

Attached: Capture.png (1469x700, 84K)

You dont get it.
My point is better fans would both provide no noise and better constant cooling, that avoids heat spikes and build up.
I am agreeing with you.
I think manufactures using SHITTY FANS and using zero spin mode to compensate is fucking atrocious.

I am drunk and trolling and not really trying i am sorry

Any quality 4k 27' monitors for $500? I missed out on the LG850 unfortunately.

when are we getting fucking better or fuck at least stable drivers on AMD?

It's AMD, never.

how hard is it to pay the pjaeets to actually put in some effort and time to fix their drivers?
How fucking greedy is AMD, why can't they pay their employees to do their job?!

Their house pajeets are busy shilling in this thread, please understand.

I DONT CARE I WANT WORKING DIVERS FUCK!
HOW THE FUCK CAN THEY NOT GET THIS SHIT STABLE

b-but muh threads

You do know AMD has a way smaller employee count than Intel or Nvidia, right? Then you have to factor in the fact that the employees are also split further into CPU and GPU divisions.

>if I leave my undervolt/OC profile on when I turn off my PC
>the the next time I turn on my PC, the VRM temp sensors read 0 and the PC crashes under any graphical load, even opening radeon settings does this
If the system goes into safe mode and the default Radeon profile loads in, then these issues go away and you can turn a pc normally on.
Keep in mind this is a highly stable OC/undervolt that survives 12 hour stress tests with no problem.

How these abortion of a driver are made by AMD is beyond me.

Like I imagine the hardware is okay, but the drivers are ABYSMAL, literally a step away from broken garbage.

that's what gamers get for supporting the nvidia monopoly