Mac owners only plz

I have a mid-2012 macbook pro. It has a 2.9 intel core i7 and 8gb ram ddr3. i'm no expert but i think its decently stacked. I recently found out that this is one of the last pros that you can update the harddrive to an SSD. I'm hoping that will help it out since it runs shottily now.

My question is does anyone know of any other upgrades i can make to it. small or big i don't care, just want some reliable sources and nothing that's too crazy. would love to upgrade the ram.

inb4
>macs suck throw it in the garbage to make it better

Attached: 61R2HfSnpjL._SX425_.jpg (425x425, 24K)

Other urls found in this thread:

everymac.com/systems/apple/macbook_pro/specs/macbook-pro-core-i7-2.9-13-mid-2012-unibody-usb3-specs.html
youtube.com/watch?v=j1f7wotR_CQ
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

everymac.com/systems/apple/macbook_pro/specs/macbook-pro-core-i7-2.9-13-mid-2012-unibody-usb3-specs.html

basically this is the model

put a skin on it with flames.

Attached: fire_hydrant.png (1125x609, 400K)

Fairly sure you can upgrade the RAM, so if you're opening it up anyway to put in an SSD, do the RAM as well. 16GB (2x8GB) 1600MHz DDR3 SODIMM

Get rid of mac OS and install your favorite Linux distro on it.

*DDR3L

an ssd is probably the best thing you can do for it, it will run like new with one
ram upgrade to 16gb would be good if you use it heavily or have a lot of browser tabs and other programs open
other than that maybe a new battery, but NOT an ebay one, get like a NewerTech NuPower

this is retarded don't do this.
macos is the best thing that can run on a mac
linux will run like shit and drain the battery way faster

What would be the major difference? macOS is Unix and can do anything GNU can do.

yea i think the ssd will deff breathe new life into it. I was doing some coding a couple years back and this thing could barely get through processing some more complex shit. not to mention just downloading and unzipping a mass amount of files makes it run like a jet engine and heat up like fuck.

is upgrading the ram a for sure thing? i'm trying to figure it out and am seeing conflicting statements.

i think i'm just going to bring it to the mac store and have them replace my battery for 120 bucks. also the screen/hinge is a little fritzy and sometimes shutsdown the laptop, hoping that's a quick fix too. if repairs come in at under 500 is that still a win? feel like it has some respectable specs

macs suck throw it in the garbage to make it better

Attached: itoddlers.webm (1440x810, 2.84M)

oh really? good luck manipulating NTFS drives on macOS

8 vs 16 gb you will really only notice a difference if you've got a lot of programs open or you're doing video editing or something like that.
check your activity monitor and see if what the memory pressure is like. if its always green, then you should be fine with 8

Firstly, NTFS-3G works on macOS. Secondly, who the fuck would use NTFS?

>imagine depending on FOSS tools to make your non-free OS more capable
>and then claiming a FOSS OS is somehow worse

Only Aqua is proprietary. The rest of macOS is free software.

thank you for proving my point

Your point is wrong, since macOS is not a non-free OS.

>macshit
Found your problem.

my point was you being wrong
>macOS is Unix
wrong
>and can do anything GNU can do.
just proven wrong

>wrong
Nope, macOS is Unix. No amount of your bitching and derangement can change that. Sorry.
>just proven wrong
No, since your example was shown to be wrong. Stop being retarded. We get it, the le epic apple hate thing is just tired. Go back to rebbit.

your point is moot because you'll get something like 2 hours of battery life with linux

fagOS will never be unix iJeet

Attached: 1537768648700.jpg (670x505, 79K)

It's certified as Unix by the Open Group, meaning it meets all criteria to be Unix. Sorry, winjeet, but you fail again.

your point is moot because you'll get something like 2 hours of battery life with linux

Macshit's level of proprietary BS is insane, yet the insanity pays off in its beautifully functional integration of software with hardware.

Like turning a beautiful IBM thinkpad into hackintosh, running anything but MacOS on a ShitBook Pro™ is like going poo in loo just to scoop it out and throw it on the street.

Spoken like a true retard. I run Linux exclusively on a macbook air from 2013 and not only does it run smoother than MacOS, but gets an extra hour of battery life. Stop your bullshit, ranjeet. Apple isn't going to gib rupees for shilling macOS in a thread about a 7 year old Mac

Just upgraded my gfs 2012 to ssd and 16gb ram last week. Do the same to yours. Buy a small electronic repair kit at Walmart if you don't have tools already. I recommend you also clean it and replace the thermal paste.

>Kernel: XNU
>XNU = "XNU is NOT Unix"
>"It's Unix, I swear!"

fuckkkkkkk why does this give me anxiety. i've never done anything to a comp before so i'm a little nervous bout cracking it open and doing some of this shit.

any good guides on this that you followed or any other resources you can link me to?

its so easy even this woman can do it:
youtube.com/watch?v=j1f7wotR_CQ
are you saying you can't do something even a woman can do

dope i can do taht. also i can make that chick cum.

any suggestions for an ssd? i saw some guide with recommendations but it was from 2016 and seemed a little silly.

>it's a mactoddler manchild thinks he or his manchild fruit toys belong on Jow Forums episode

Attached: 1561374728918.png (400x1650, 367K)

i bought a patriot burst 240gb one for $39 aussie dollaridoos and its working great (for now)
if you want something a bit more high end get a samsung 860 evo

This is your argument? Sad.
Replace the /v/ one with Windows.

Ah, so you have no response to that. Gotcha.