Apple is in the final stages of certifying advanced screens from top Chinese display makerBOE Technology Groupfor...

>Apple is in the final stages of certifying advanced screens from top Chinese display makerBOE Technology Groupfor iPhones next year, as the U.S. tech giant attempts to cut costs and reduce its reliance on South Korea'sSamsung Electronics.
>OLED display is the most expensive component inthe iPhone. It accounted for $110, or nearly 30%, ofthe total $370.25 cost ofthe iPhone X, the first OLED iPhone, in 2017, according to IHS Markit's teardown. The cost of the OLED display rose to $120 the following year on theiPhone XS Max due to the larger screen. BOE-made OLED displays could be 20% cheaper than Samsung's products, one of the sources familiar with the discussions said.
asia.nikkei.com/Business/China-tech/Apple-puts-China-s-BOE-to-test-for-cutting-edge-iPhone-screens

Attached: https___s3-ap-northeast-1.amazonaws.com_psh-ex-ftnikkei-3937bb4_images_1_9_6_0_22210691-1-eng-GB_099 (2754x1549, 586K)

It doesn't matter, iPhone prices will still increase.

>cut costs
>sell for even higher price
the apple way

So would Apple's profit margins. They are literally making chinkphones at this point.

>but me an iPhone XSS Max
>it comes with a chink display that has lower brightness and burn-in OOB
>go to an Apple store and tell them about my problem
>sorry, but your device is working as intended
>you must have been using it wrong

Poorfag copertino

Stop being poor

Chinks sure do love to deprive us of quality goods. How long do you think BOE screens will last?

OLEDs from China? Isn't America at war with them?

God forbid a private company adhering to a capitalist mindset. This is your mind on GNU/commie propaganda.

>reduce tech reliance on samsung
>increase tech reliance on a hostile superpower

BRAVO

>hostile superpower
amerishart projection

either way the screens aren't produced in europe nor america and that's the problem

Die consumerist scum.

Poorfag copenhagen

Work that Ching Chong ding dong apple.

>the first OLED iPhone, in 2017,

Apple invented OLED screens!

Attached: monoplies.jpg (638x550, 38K)

>hostile superpower

lol the propaganda is working

What monopoly Apple is part of, brainlet?

dumb commie fuck

the entire "apple ecosystem" is by design set up in a way to discourage anyone from ever leaving the apple plantation.

how do i buy a replacement part for an apple computer without paying apple money?

how do i get a technician to fix something wrong with an apple computer without paying apple money?

how do i write a piece of software for an apple computer without paying apple money?

the chinese invented the phrase 'paper tiger' because the best way to deflect criticism is to accuse your biggest competitor of the things that you are doing.

it's a pretty jewish thing to do but it's not really a surprise considering the inspiration for the chinese communist revolution was the communist manifesto and karl marx was jewier than a mikvah after a bar mitzvah

How is that related to your previous claim that Apple holds a monopoly somewhere?
>the entire "apple ecosystem" is by design set up in a way to discourage anyone from ever leaving the apple plantation.
>the entire "nintendo ecosystem" is by design set up in a way to discourage anyone from ever leaving the nintendo plantation.
>>the entire "Sony playstation ecosystem" is by design set up in a way to discourage anyone from ever leaving the PS plantation.
It's their software, they have every right to set up the terms by which clients are able to interact with it. Why would they want to hurt their business by allowing you to jump ships? If you don't like something, don't use it and stop bitching about other people not going along with what your ideological brainwashing deems to be acceptable.

apple does not even account for a majority of the cell market so I can't imagine how you think they are a monopoly. Also I know plenty of people who have an iphone and a windows laptop and nothing else

>how do i buy a replacement part for an apple computer without paying apple money?
I WANT IT FOR FREEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
>how do i get a technician to fix something wrong with an apple computer without paying apple money?
Go to Rossman or some other third party repair service.
>how do i write a piece of software for an apple computer without paying apple money?
Use publicly available developer tools.

These numbers make no sense to me. Why does the iphone cost 370 to build and you can straight up buy a Xiaomi for that price(or less) which also has an old screen and comparable specs.

Remember when Steve jobs, and I know you guys wont believe this, actually decreased the cost of the iphone each year?

Apple and Samsung buys the best hardware batches with the lowest failure rates, while chink phones settle for batches that have a higher failure rate

iJeet fake news

Attached: 1497927657575.gif (500x500, 256K)

>Wanting common prosperity is being hostile

The absolute state of american propaganda.

In what fucking alternate reality do you live in ?

Attached: a24b0086e42c464fabd1652cf01f8a41_a868a93a0a1b42d59ca22ac8c70db67f_1_post[1].png (840x1080, 56K)

>things that never happened

>adjusted for inflation
fuck off gayboy

Imagine actually defending the ones that are fucking you in the ass right now.
Fucking merimutt brain, I will never understand it.

sweet yuropoor tears

>I love being monitored and tracked

Attached: soyboi.gif (800x371, 125K)

It's common knowledge that the hardware is bought in batches and that chinese companies are okay with buying batches that have failure rates higher than the standards of Samsung and Apple, so they have to pay less for them. That doesn't mean the chink phones have worse hardware

Didnt Huawei or Xiaomi try this and BOE couldnt provide enough supply so they ended up buying LG B-stock