ZeroNet General - no infosec best sec edition

github.com/HelloZeroNet/ZeroNet

>Why?

We believe in open, free, and uncensored network and communication.
No single point of failure: Site remains online so long as at least 1 peer is serving it.
No hosting costs: Sites are served by visitors.
Impossible to shut down: It's nowhere because it's everywhere.
Fast and works offline: You can access the site even if Internet is unavailable.

>Features

Real-time updated sites
Namecoin .bit domains support
Easy to setup: unpack & run
Clone websites in one click
Password-less BIP32 based authorization: Your account is protected by the same cryptography as your Bitcoin wallet
Built-in SQL server with P2P data synchronization: Allows easier site development and faster page load times
Anonymity: Full Tor ntwrk support with .onion hidden services instead of IPv4 addresses
TLS encrypted connections
Automatic uPnP port opening
Plugin for multiuser (openproxy) supprt
Works with any browser

>How does it work?

When you visit a new zeronet site, it tries to find peers using the BitTorrent network so it can download the site files (html, css, js...) from them.
Each visited site is also served by you.
Every site contains a content.json file which holds all other files in a sha512 hash and a signature generated using the site's private key.
If the site owner (who has the private key for the site address) modifies the site, then he/she signs the new content.json and publishes it to the peers. Afterwards, the peers verify the content.json integrity (using the signature), they download the modified files and publish the new content to other peers.

>---------------------

!BE PREPARED FOR GLOWIES TERRIFIED OF DECENTRALIZATION TO START IMMEDIATELY GASLIGHTING ABOUT WHY YOU SHOULDN'T USE ZERONET!

What WILL happen in the next posts:
>glowies will flood the thread IMMEDIATELY shilling with CNN talking points
>FUD with no source on why you should not use it
>get EXTREMELY mad when called out

who let the gooks out Jow Forums?

Attached: 1200px-ZeroNet_vector_logo.svg.png (1200x1697, 103K)

Other urls found in this thread:

torproject.org/about/overview
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

How do I start? Why should I start? Is there any room for growth? Do you think there will ever be any jobs in ZeroNet?

Lmao

>>glowies will flood the thread IMMEDIATELY shilling with CNN talking points
What did CNN say about ZeroNet?

It'll grow more and more as things keep getting censored.

I have heard that each user is responsible for any content being hosted on their PC because of ZeroNet sites, is that true? What if someone posts some illegal bullshit, can anyone who visited the page get in trouble?

Attached: asd1290311.png (960x681, 601K)

As someone who worked on porting that shit to further undisclosed OS - it's fricking awful. It relies on many, many outdated, deprecated, experimental or insecure features and libraries. For example, one if its packages is a Python binding of libsecp256k1 - Bitcoin's library for elliptic curve arithmetic. And you know what? It compiles only with ancient, outdated versions of it.

TL;DR: ZeroNet ugly code, IPFS is OK

>can anyone who visited the page get in trouble?
No. And you can use Tor to hide your IP even if law enforcement starts infesting ZN.

They see me seedin’, they hatin

Isn't tor networks used by glowies to get ppl into criminal acts?

I'm pretty sure tor hides you package content from everyone (ISPs and whatever) except the server, wich will have all your info. If the server is compromised so are the clients. Or am I wrong?

>except the server, wich will have all your info.
but it doesn't know origin of the info

torproject.org/about/overview

>Staying anonymous
>Tor can't solve all anonymity problems. It focuses only on protecting the transport of data. You need to use protocol-specific support software if you don't want the sites you visit to see your identifying information.

Maybe zeronet can complement tor in this department

will zeronet ban pedos & drug dealers? because if it won't; it's doomed from the start
>bad people attracts bad people
>bad people generate bad attention

the realities of zeronet:
> doesn't always work nicely with TOR
> deleting downloaded pages can break the entire setup
> no easy way to transfer identities from one installation to another
> doesn't work perfectly in all browsers
> programming of zeronet is so poor that some people need to restart their computers just for zeronet to function after it fails
> completely shits itself when it can't find uPnP
> using uPnP at all is a security nightmare
> anyone that criticizes this poorly programmed lump of cancer is obviously a glowie
you let us know when zeronet is reliable instead of being this half assed mess that sometimes works, shill.

>visit site containing a hidden directory with cp
>I'm now hosting cp without realizing
what's to stop this are all the sites I'm hosting encrypted even when local? can I opt out of hosting certain sites if I wanted to?

This, people should choose what they support on network itself.

I had a quick download it seems you can blacklist and delete sites, the one issue I see so far is if you want someone to view your site they have to download and run software, without a zeronet>clearnet service or something it seems doomed to fail

someone redpill me on zeronet vs ipfs

Attached: memekorean.png (959x1278, 1.5M)

>visit site containing a hidden directory with cp
>I'm now hosting cp without realizing

The thing is, if everybody starts using zeronet sites police won't be able to arrest people for simply storing illegal content, they will have to prove intent.

That is why glow in the darks fear the idea of decentralization.

You can't shut it down and you can't arrest everybody who host it because that is the internet.

I have an idea. Are "ZeroNet hubs" a thing?

Let me explain. Let's say I'm hosting thousands of ZeroNet websites and I want to make this collection of ZeroNet websites publicly available to anybody within wifi range of me. If you're within range, you can connect to my ZeroNet hub" and freely browse this instance of the internet.

Now, let's say lots of other people did the same thing as me and/or if the ZeroNet hubs could connect to one another and obtain the newest versions of a website from whoever has the newest one and this could grow more and more until the internet is completely 100% free.

Ill use it if you tell me how to disable seeding.

So a zeronet router? There are router firmware and software projects that connect only through tor. It might be pretty simple to make a wifi router that only connects to zeronet sites. Something with iptables or selfhosted dns maybe?

ZeroNet good for fast interactive webzites
IPFS good for static file sharing
ZeroNet already has a functioning idiot proof network with a lot of useful zites
IPFS doesn't

You just described what ZeroNet already does.

You only seed the content that you watch, if you want to not seed anything just delete the entire zite.
If you don't want to seem a individual user content, you can mute him and everything from pata user will be deleted from your seed.

>people should choose what they support on network itself.
That is exactly how ZeroNet works, retard.

Go back to /b/

You have the control to ban anyone you want, thats the whole point of it, that the only who has control is the user.
Why the fuck would you create a decentralization app with centralized control? Go back to /b/ pelase

Go back to /b/

You will become Juan's bitch if you use zeronet don't do it!

Attached: IMG_E2650.jpg (1242x1773, 346K)

>Have to go back to /b/ if you don't support pedonet
lmao

Go back to /b/

Go to hell, disgusting pedo scum. All of you.

Go back to /b/

anyone else find the interface to be bloated and cancerous?

>accidently seed cp
>now admitting to commiting a crime on reddit
the absolute state of redditors

Go back to /b/
No.

Hello dear redditors!

I just hit 4 kids with my car, I checked they are all dead.

What should I do ? A camera noticed my face and my vehicule matricule.

Edit: thanks for the gold!