Spotify killer thread

ITT: Submit better alternatives to this unoptimised shit

Attached: photo.jpg (380x380, 12K)

Other urls found in this thread:

ampache.org/
youtube.com/watch?v=UrfX-g8auc8
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Actual fucking music players playing actual fucking local (or at least songs you have on a server you own) goddamn music.

/thread

The "true" alternatives (Deezer, iTunes streaming, Google Music streaming) are all "same shit, different asshole".
Never tried Yandex music, but its growing fast.

The best ways to listen music is this:
There are ready-to-use music streaming servers/webpages like ampache.org/ so if you have a server you can put your own music on it and stream it from mobile devices.

350kbps only

CD-Audio, DVD-Audio, Blu-ray-Audio.

Airsonic or mpd.
I use both

jewtube

Get a better phone.

open.spotify.com

Unironically Tidal. You get a better application, better sound quality and access to music videos. The only thing Spotify does better is recommendations.

Even though I have ~1TB of FLAC and DSD rips on my home server, I can tell you that you're so autistic that you're missing the point. Subscription services do not target the same market as offline players. 99% of people do not have the time and/or legal means to acquire and manage a large music library or the technical know-how to make it available online.

Even then, the sheer convenience for most music is hard to ignore.

Subscription:
Band launches album -> receive notification on my way to work -> click and play
Offline-legal:
Artist launches album -> find out about it fuck knows how -> purchase it -> (optional) wait for CD to arrive and rip it -> archive it on server making sure you have proper tags and album art -> listen to album
Offline-pirate:
Wait for someone to do everything mentioned above -> search for rips on various shady sources-> download the rip -> check quality -> archive it -> listen to album

Piracy is free only if your time is worthless.

>not just getting a hacked version of Spotify
>doesn't even know about Soulseek
>doesn't even know how easy piracy is
>muh shady sources and viruses
new niggers are not even trying at this point

Attached: pyschorage.jpg (200x229, 7K)

>He doesn't know how hard it is to get consistent quality with piracy
You just outed yourself as a pleb. And you didn't even address the fact that there has to be someone with a legal source to upload on your pirate platform of choice or that you have to manage a large library that you have to manually sync between multiple devices.

Attached: 2muu2j.jpg (682x900, 115K)

>Piracy is free only if your time is worthless.
Anyone posting here has plenty of time to waste.

>muh consistent quality and viruses
fuck off underage fag, there's plenty good sources tard gettting FLAC is fucking easy
>wojak edit that isn't even OC or rarely used

Attached: backtoreddit.jpg (717x880, 202K)

>open deezloader
>click download album
damn guess my time is worthless

Might as well rip from YouTube if you care that little about quality.

Deezer, then use SMLoadr and listen your music offline in FLAC quality. Done.

This is some next level cope lads.

music.yandex.ru

you get flacs from deezer

Is there any way to get recommendations like Discover Weekly in Spotify? It's fucking good, I discovered so many music I would never think of listening to before.

Let me guess. Another audiophyle golden eared faggot that believes without any real facts (like an ABX test) 320 kbps MP3 is "low quality"

You can just select FLAC retard

>99% of people do not have the time and/or legal means to acquire and manage a large music library or the technical know-how to make it available online.
and yet people have been doing it for decades with physical media
even my grandparents burned their own mixes for long car rides

Poweramp is decent for its price.

>launch soulseek
>download album in FLAC or 320
beet import -m /soulseek/completed/
rsync -av /my/music/ /my/phone/

iBroadcast, not even shilling
I have some music uploaded because shitty internet but it works pretty good for me

Attached: Screenshot_20190822-075229.jpg (1080x2160, 541K)

>even my grandparents burned their own mixes for long car rides
I remember family members trading CDs and even cassettes for road trips when I was a kid.

>too poor to pay for Spotify

Attached: 1559384032584.png (728x899, 236K)

Foobar

who the fuck needs to pirate music when bandcamp exists? you can get whole collections for like 5 bucks and download 24bit FLAC files.

Not all music is on Bandcamp
Not all music is on streaming platforms
Not all music is available to purchase
All music is available through piracy

pic related

Attached: limewire.jpg (300x168, 6K)

The one thing Spotify does better than any service is recommendations. You can't prove me wrong.

>Be adult
>Inherit granfathers, and dads cds and vinyls
>rip them to digital format

>He doesn't know how to block ads on Spotify Desktop/Mobile
>He thinks with his 20$ Walmart earbuds he will notice a difference between 128 and 320 kbps
>He doesn't know SMLoadr

Attached: 8.jpg (852x480, 46K)

good times
install limewire
download limewire pro with limewire
"profit"

Illiterate niggers like you should leave.

>keep mentioning viruses when nobody mentioned them
Take your fucking meds.

>mp3
If you’re gonna compress at least use a format that isn’t shit.

>talking heads
Good taste.

What the fuck happened to her face?

apple music. if you're a student u can get it for so cheap

Attached: 1564799149283.jpg (1296x968, 369K)

That baby tablet gets me.

moron

/thread

>Offline-pirate: Wait for someone to do everything mentioned above -> search for rips on various shady sources-> download the rip -> check quality -> archive it -> listen to album

Or just automate it with lidarr like an intelligent person.

No. Nothing comes close to Spoitfy's recommendation algorithms. Youtube was pretty good until they fucked up their recommendations

>Deezloader Remix
>SoulseekQt
>redacted
>rutracker
Got all my music from those sources.
Imagine being streaming-cuck instead of owning music files on your HDDs.

So I'll not-so-happily continue to use Spotify.

Unironically true

>her

SD card with your own music library.

and why is that?

Oh yes allow me to transcode the MP3 from Deezer to Opus! Good quality bro

>Unironically Tidal. You get a better application, better sound quality and access to music videos. The only thing Spotify does better is recommendations.
Is this true? I just did a Tidal trial and sound quality doesnt seem different from Spotify's.. Maybe you have to pay 20€ for maximum quality?

What gear are you using?
>what is RED
>what is JPS
>what is Syncthing
Go back
>couldn't afford $28/month for Qobuz
How does it feel to be poor?

That's because Spotify premium uses OGG at high bitrates where it is really difficult to spot differences from FLAC. So you only get diminishing returns.
Don't bother answeing the retarded question of
>What gear are you using?

I was using Kraken Chroma V2 since its late. But tomorrow I could try with a pair of Sennheiser HD 4.50 Would it be enouhg to hear a difference with standard Tidal?

Stop being retarded

If the lossy rips are at decent bitrates (128kbps for any non MP3 codec) and made from the source, most likely no, you won't hear a difference (Spotify premium, deezer, etc).
From youtube, spotify free, etc, yes, you should perceive the increased quality.

Also here's the two most hated words for audiophyles and FLAC obsessed people: ABX test
youtube.com/watch?v=UrfX-g8auc8

I haven't tried those HD 4.50 personally but from just looking at the price alone you would probably not be able to tell the difference.
I would only recommend people ever store FLAC files if you:
>want to encode to different types of lossy codecs
>want to get into hi-fi audio
Storing FLAC files from the get-go saves you the time that would be needed to re-download all your files again.

Also, from my understanding people who store lossy files don't have good sources. If you have a good source then you probably will not need lossless ever.

ncspot

that doesn't recommend me new music based on what I like and I don't want to go back to youtube

>youtube
>for music
go die in a fucking fire, KEK

Attached: keky.gif (360x346, 170K)

Way to miss the point. How many normies that you know can use Lidarr?

The only one coping here is you, with the fact that 2-3 hours/month of your time are worth less than 5 bucks or however much a subscription costs in your area.

And we're supposed to live and listen to music like we're still in the 90s. I'd put a 30yo boomer meme here if I had one.

Again, you're missing the point. Organizing and syncing your library takes time.

Wrong, you get whatever quality deezer, wrapped in FLAC format. I won't pretend I can always hear the difference, but it's there.

Borrow CDs at the public library and rip them to a storage medium of your choosing

How do you listen to music from your HDDs when you leave mommy's basement?

It's not strictly about the codec. Tidal uses differently mastered sources for some of the most popular music from its library. IMO, the "what gear are you using" question is perfectly valid.

most of deezer's flacs are legit, shill. and legit flac is always better than the 320 ogg you get from spotify.
> 2-3h/month of your time is worth less than 5 bucks
oh no, i'm spending time on something i enjoy and i'm not being compensated for it!1!1! open source must drive you up a wall, huh.

> i need someone else to recommend me shit because i can't find it myself and get the glorious satisfaction of finding hidden gems.

Attached: 1405229673368.gif (208x198, 129K)

>ctrl - f
>no youtube-dl
the absolute state

Not like I'm going to need these fantastic masters of Billie Whateverish, Ariana "Grande como mi pene" Grande, Taylor Swift and Beyonce.

teach me your ways user. how do you block ads on mobile and desktop and how do you up bump up the sound quality.

I'm not even op but you're missing the point. Other people don't /want/ to spend time on that shit, it's not something they would enjoy, and a majority would rather pay for the convienance. And there's literally nothing wrong with that.

The only reason why I still stick with Spotify is because their music discovery based on listening habits is really good.

Yeah, I suppose moving the contents Deezloader's folder (which is already organized) to my proper music folder is hard

The majority of people who do use streaming services are nowhere near as "busy" as to make 2-3h/month the end of the world. Sure, they probably make more than that per hour but odds are the time they saved not managing their music library is going straight back into mindlessly consuming content. The average American consumes content for something like 5.5 hrs a day which is fucking crazy.

Attached: image.jpg (585x789, 201K)

>listening to any of them ever
I think you need to have a stiff drink of bleach.

You do realize that most people play music while doing others things, right?

>youtube-dl

Attached: jaguatirica.jpg (450x450, 30K)

then they should stop whining that streaming services shit

Spotify + spotdl.

I listen to music for fun, not to show off my obscure underground taste in a petty attempt to be cool

Attached: 1558310360307.jpg (750x924, 106K)

instead of spotify, why don't you find music on your own you fucking faggot

perhaps, as a starting point, find a band you like and then see who else is on that label?

Rather sounds like you listen to music because you're a drone trying to kill every thought on your mind instead of someone who actually listens to music for fun and wants to discover their taste on their own.

Where do you guys find drm free high quality music? It makes it even harder that i have weird tastes. Should i just stop being cheap and buy cds?

You sound like such a massive faggot. Your favorite artist is probably Radiohead or some shit too lmao

>band
>label
You have to die, boomer

qobuz, hdtracks, the list goes on...

i did not have sexual relations with that woman

I did however go to efreeclub.com

deezer

used to be an offline music fag but the recommendation feature of spotify and its mixes are so convenient and easy to comb through and tune to get better recommendations that i can't go back

There's literally no alternative to service like spotify if you want to discover new musics and don't want to spend hours manually searching for new musics.
I tried last.fm, giving it months so it can get accustomed to my style, and its recommendations are fucking garbage.

>last.fm
at one point it wasn't shit but that's not now.

thepiratebay.org