Why did you not succumb to infection from a scratch on your foot at age 21...

Why did you not succumb to infection from a scratch on your foot at age 21? Why are you not hungry and out there in the woods foraging for food desperately? Why have you, the descendant of some dirty peasants, the riches and amenities even kings could not dream of a few hundred years ago?

The answer is of course: Technology!

I beg you to take a few moments and consider the fact of how much technology changed our lives for the better. Technology is truly the only benevolent force in the whole human history. Predatory economic systems, driven by the exploitation of the less fortunate for the benefit of the few, as loathed by the Marxists. The corruption of power, the tyrannic force of government, responsible for war and oppression, as pilloried by Liberalism. Last but not least the negative qualities of the individual human, as the root of all problems: The view of religion. But all of them failed to make our world a better place. Most of the time they made a terrible existence even more hellish.

The only solution to our problems that ever worked is technology.

Imagine how horrific our present would have been if our ancestors decided to slow or even halt progress. History is often romanticized but if you study it honestly you will be truly grateful that we escaped the bleak life of past generations.

Consequently, we have the responsibility to future generations to accelerate technological progress as fast as possible, to save millions of lives from diseases, to increase the standard of living for a future without the terror of poverty, to ensure the survival and well being of mankind during future trials and tribulations.

Promote genetic engineering, artificial intelligence and every other well of high-tech progress! Stand tall against the enemies of progress, because they are the enemies of humankind!

Attached: horizon-farewell.0.0.jpg (1280x854, 133K)

And the only thing we do with it is laugh at funny cat pictures on the internet.

Attached: 008.jpg (500x504, 21K)

>Imagine how horrific our present would have been if our ancestors decided to slow or even halt progress
Except that's exactly what's been happening for pretty much the entirety of human history, since most time/money/manpower has been used to wage pointless wars and increase conflict, which benefits absolutely fucking noone in the long run
We could've probably reached our current technological state like 3000 years ago if most people didn't harbor the same retarded caveman mentality

The Industrial Revolution and its consequences have been a disaster for the human race. They have greatly increased the life-expectancy of those of us who live in “advanced” countries, but they have destabilized society, have made life unfulfilling, have subjected human beings to indignities, have led to widespread psychological suffering (in the Third World to physical suffering as well) and have inflicted severe damage on the natural world. The continued development of technology will worsen the situation. It will certainly subject human beings to greater indignities and inflict greater damage on the natural world, it will probably lead to greater social disruption and psychological suffering, and it may lead to increased physical suffering even in “advanced” countries

I have this one

Attached: 15663366288571.jpg (536x536, 65K)

I do not know about you, but I think dying from a cough and working all day in the fields just to avoid starvation is a disaster. The industrial revolution lifted us from this level of suffering, so well that it seems abstract to us know and we romantisice our past as escapism for we are arrogant and want to believe in the fairy tale that our problems today are as horrible to the problems of our ancestors.

The industrial-technological system may survive or it may break down. If it survives, it MAY eventually achieve a low level of physical and psychological suffering, but only after passing through a long and very painful period of adjustment and only at the cost of permanently reducing human beings and many other living organisms to engineered products and mere cogs in the social machine. Furthermore, if the system survives, the consequences will be inevitable: There is no way of reforming or modifying the system so as to prevent it from depriving people of dignity and autonomy.
If the system breaks down the consequences will still be very painful. But the bigger the system grows the more disastrous the results of its breakdown will be, so if it is to break down it had best break down sooner rather than later.
We therefore advocate a revolution against the industrial system. This revolution may or may not make use of violence; it may be sudden or it may be a relatively gradual process spanning a few decades. We can’t predict any of that. But we do outline in a very general way the measures that those who hate the industrial system should take in order to prepare the way for a revolution against that form of society. This is not to be a POLITICAL revolution. Its object will be to overthrow not governments but the economic and technological basis of the present society.

Are you some kind of Anarcho-Primitivist? Exciting I never met someone with this opinion. So you decline the amenities of technology?

You are fully right! I did not explore this truth in my argument above.

bruh how new are you here

So you are telling me that the luddites have taken over the Jow Forums tech board? This is certainly the next level of real life irony.

I'd have died while being born if it wasnt for modern medicine.
So fuck modern technology and medicine. i wish i was dead.

>i wish i was dead.
Modern technology can help you with that.

Attached: emoji_gun.0.jpg (1200x800, 97K)

Sorry to hear that. I hope you see the world in a more positive light soon. Life is maybe difficult and exhausting, sometimes even hellish but also full of possibilities for everybody. I also hope do not seem like a preachy asshole. But I think we all can agree that death is a boring and bleak. Life even at its worst promises the prospect of meaningful connections, good times etc. and sometimes it delievers on its promises, if we take action.

No its not technology. It was creation, building out of a dream of something invented in the mind.
Most of tech came out of need to do harm to others.
What good is technology if all it allows is for is destruction of others.
You thing medicine was developed to help or hurt the enemy in war.
You think electricity was looked at as more then a parlor trick until it could improve warfare.
You think computers are for games and not improving warfighting.
Ignorance, Tech only use is winning war, fighting war and victory over the enemy.
AI will show you to be the enemy, then maybe you will learn. Technology is war.
...War never changes.

hedonism is great, isn't it?

>Technology is war
With the advent of technology the number of armed conflicts and battle-related deaths went down drastically.

Attached: 1.png (1110x694, 115K)

Is this a fucking joke? Nice scale retard. You do know technology isn't just "computas n sheeit" right, nigger?

>Plowing and harvesting were backbreaking toil, but the peasant enjoyed anywhere from eight weeks to half the year off.

>The Church, mindful of how to keep a population from rebelling, enforced frequent mandatory holidays. Weddings, wakes, and births might mean a week off quaffing ale to celebrate, and when wandering jugglers or sporting events came to town, the peasant expected time off for entertainment. There were labor-free Sundays, and when the plowing and harvesting seasons were over, the peasant got time to rest, too.

>In fact, economist Juliet Shor found that during periods of particularly high wages, such as 14th-century England, peasants might put in no more than 150 days a year. As for the modern American worker? After a year on the job, she gets an average of eight vacation days annually.

You are free to find and use whatever scale you like. By any statistics the number of conflicts and deaths is going down, not up, while technological progress is going forward faster than ever before.

>Technology is truly the only benevolent force in the whole human history

Everything the UNABOMBER said is true.

Attached: images (8).jpg (210x240, 11K)

I do not get you AnPrim-guys. How can you rally behind a pathetic virgin that hid in the woods? A weak coward sending with the post to innocent people. A truly disgusting and cringy failure of a human existence.

I'd like to take this opportunity to remind everyone that Ted Kaczynski wanted to be a woman.

It's a quote from the UNABOMBER you faggot.

Also, he isn't actually saying anything new or even that radical. The UNABOMBER read a lot of Rousseau, and boiled down what Rousseau said about society to a manifesto that applied it to modern technology. People have been saying this shit about "civilisation" for centuries, abd they've been mostly right.

Go read the about the Chinese social credit score system to see where we are headed. Then go read "The industrial society and it's future". If that peaks your interest, put in that actual intellectual footwork and read Rousseau.

The problem isn't that people aren't going out and living in the woods. The problem is that people have been forced by technology to adjust to serve a system rather than the other way around.

It doesn't have to be this way.

Grug want to kill grog faster
Grug make big gun
Grug make big rocket
Grug fight grog to space

>Tranny

Well, that explains the killing.

Attached: 1520018525563.jpg (668x445, 34K)

jooz bad! jooz are holding us back!

This, but unironically.

Attached: BasedAMD.png (800x804, 602K)

tfw. couple hundred years ago having pineapple was privilege of kings and now it sits sadly on the market shelf and nobody want to buy it

That would be economics and politics warfighting by different means.
Fraud is economics, the art of theft. Politics is warfighting by votes, communications and decite.
Now how did the invention of radio, math and computers help with politics and economics in the war of undermining freedom and institution of debt?
Your ignorance is showing.