What are some good intermediate books for learning pic related?

Potentially landing a new job but my Java skills are a bit rusty. Personally don't like Java but it's a developer job and it pays. Anything else I ought to know?

Also pls no language war.

Attached: Java.png (256x256, 9K)

Pic related.
If you've been away from java for a long time, try Java 11.

Attached: effectivejava.jpg (384x500, 47K)

Attached: 81Zglq6MTLL.jpg (1803x2034, 328K)

Apples do not poop!

Funny and original joke, my dude.

Attached: am-the-pinnacle-of-humor-indeed-60088408~2.png (500x582, 372K)

If you're intermediate, you don't need books.
You need practice. Program something. Don't sit on your ass, thinking that buying a couple of books you're not even going to read is going to teach you how to program.

I know how to program already, been doing it for years. Not all knowledge makes it self readily apparent however, and reading good books can impart a lot of wisdom and insight.
God forbid someone on this board actually do a bit of studying and try to learn from others, right?

>been doing it for years
What kind of information are you even looking for, then?

Anything that's useful to know about Java that I don't already know! Not seeking anything specific otherwise.
Not everything is a Google search where you're trying to seek out some explicit answer to a question.

U

Attached: 1565176240174.jpg (1280x720, 116K)

God I wish I didn't sunburn like a fucking vampire.

Attached: 20190822_130700.jpg (4656x2328, 2.96M)

This may or may not apply to the job your going into, but I would advise that you familiarize yourself with spring and maven/Gradle. They're not ubiquitous, but they're still in pretty high use for new or even slightly old projects, especially if you're going into the enterprajeet world. You'll want to kill yourself desu.

That's quite a hard to question to answer, since I don't know what you don't know and chances are you don't either. You mentioned before that you might land a job in Java, so I'd recommend just practicing with the language in some way that's relevant to whatever company you'll be working at. See what kind of things they do, look up what kind of libraries are helpful for that purpose and tinker with those, that should help you find gaps in your knowledge that are actually relevant.
You can also do what says and look up how to use common Java tools, maybe get yourself familiar with common IDEs like Eclipse or IntelliJ or something as well.

I honestly don't get the hate on Java. Sure, it's pushy with OOP, and might not be the most concise or elegant way to build something simple, but I think it's a very good tool to get shit done well, fast, and without major headaches.
Maybe it's because I've never worked on "enterprise software", only on smaller teams (and never with Indians).

>familiarize yourself with spring and maven/Gradle.
Duly noted, thank you.
>You'll want to kill yourself desu.
Yeah... Can't say I've met a happy Java developer. I'm young and trying to land my first "real job" though. Taking what I can get then moving on.

As I understand Java is chock full of abused features and bad practice (inheritance, over-abstraction, etc). A lot of my time is probably going to be spent straightening out spaghetti, but I accept my fate.

IMO it's because of the way Java is pervasively taught in academia, which creates bad programmers. School projects are designed so that language features perfectly suit their needs. Real world applications aren't that straightforward however.

I worked in Enterprise for a little bit. I didn't mean that Java is going to make him want to Sudoku, but rather the shitty beureaucratics of Enterprise and the soul-crushing task of maintaining legacy code written by underpaid college students or Indians.

>Yeah... Can't say I've met a happy Java developer. I'm young and trying to land my first "real job" though. Taking what I can get then moving on.
concentrate less on the language and more on the output of what you are trying to create.

there are happy and unhappy devs in every industry. java is a fine language and it is used all over the place. if you find a good team working on something cool it will be fun regardless.

It's verbose, forces a particular paradigm that encourages an endless amount of blackboxes being wrapped by other black boxes. It's a memory hog. It requires another bloated IDE to even write so you can generate excessive boilerplate and the jobs that often use Java are incredibly boring CRUD apps with several levels of management bureaucracy.

I think Java is fine, but it's a terrible first language to learn and it's generally ill suited to smaller teams. Go is unironically a better fit for most thing Java gets used for.

I recomen u talk to durgasoft they are top Java developer for programming needs. Industry lead programming

>Verbose
More recent releases have been tackling excessive verbosity, but even then I can't find a problem with this. Spreading out the code tends to make easier to read (see Perl for undecipherable magic one-liners) and the time spent typing is a small fraction of the broader programming task.
>forces a particular paradigm that encourages an endless amount of blackboxes being wrapped by other black boxes
Sure, let's only use screws because nails force a particular paradigm that encourages hitting your thumb with a hammer. There's nothing wrong with OOP, just with incompetent people.
>It's a memory hog
Alright, compared to native implementations, the JVM can be a memory hog, even though advances on that area are being made. Memory is cheap, though.
>It requires another bloated IDE
It doesn't require anything, but you do have the option to use insanely powerful IDE's to end the "muh verbosity" argument once and for all, yes.
>the jobs that often use Java are incredibly boring
Not an argument. Most jobs are boring, that's why you're paid to do them. If you educate yourself to have access to "more exciting" jobs, you'll be able to do them in any particular language, and the JVM is very good as a runtime platform.

I can agree that it's a terrible first language, and sadly many people start with it (maybe that's why we have so many terrible java devs), but there's simply no way in hell Go is a better fit than Java for anything at all outside Google, except personal toy projects. It's simply too new/unstable.

> Go is unironically a better fit for most thing Java gets used for.
Legit based boomer language. Wish I could find a job spinning Go instead of Java, but I need to take what I can get for now.

>It's verbose
give us an example