Windows

>windows
1 .DLL file, doesnt even always have to be shipped if the pc already has it
>linux / npm / pip / etc
80 dependencies, all by different people, any of them can break or get a vulnerability

Attached: TMP1556388626341527041.png (1000x1000, 629K)

1 .DLL = 1 package

ahh, I want to make out with Suika

why to make it hard for a user? Just statically link everything.

>80 dependencies
>unironically using python applications

yet on npm/apt, installing smth installs an entire dependency tree

you can use shared libraries in the same way on linux as you do in windows.

and on windows it installs the dependency tree as dlls. what's the difference?

windows doesn't have pip or npm ? how the hack are all the hipsters and webmonkeys supposed to get their js dependencies or neckbeards their python deps ?

It's pretty telling that the typical Linux deployment is so disgusting that shit like Docker and flatpack were made to paper over the problems.

Philosophy is more important than practically it seems
Some people would honestly put up with dependency hell if it means up keeping the Unix philosophy farce

So? I don't care about the dependencies, I just run a dnf install packagename and it works.

>>linux / npm / pip / etc
npm and pip aren't linux specific package managers you retard. none of those are.

are you the buttblasted user who cant into debian stable and shitposts about package management every day?

>what is DLL hell
I've had more problems with Windows dependencies than I EVER fucking had on GNU/Linux, you fucking paid Winshill.
Fuck you, fuck your obsolete OS, and fuck its brainwashed users. I hope every single fucking person working at Microsoft has to go out and beg for change one day after Microsoft crashes and burns.

The only reason you are bitching about it is because Linux package managers actually show you what they are doing. Windows installers just have a bar and say to wait.

>windows
>NuGet packages that nobody understand how they fucking work

Have sex

Linux hasn't followed the Unix philosophy for decades. Shit like FreeBSD is actually a joy to target, since you're basically guaranteed a consistent base system. The problem with the Linux ecosystem is that everything outside the kernel is a bazaar disaster. Interoperability is a fucking joke. Consistency is often even shamed for some braindead reason, usually ego.

There's a simple solution to DLL hell: Simply put the DLLs an application requires in its own directory if it needs a weird version that's different from the system version. It will pick that one up instead. You can use this to get the pbrush.exe from NT 3.51 to run on Windows 10 x64 for instance, it just requires a handful of DLLs out of NT's Windows directory.

And then there's the braindead way Microsoft solved it: Keep every version of every system DLL ever installed around buried deep in WinSxS, hardlink the current versions into system32, and load other ones on demand based on manifests built into applications.

do not use suika for shitposting, fag