Is it true that the computers at the schools run linux now?

is it true that the computers at the schools run linux now?
why?

Attached: 064.gif (326x281, 171K)

Just let me answer this question for every schools in the world

No, they just run Windows

Most desktop computers do not run linux, and most school desktop computers run windows. Chrome OS seems to be a popular choice for school laptops, so if you want to be autistic and say that Chrome OS is a gentoo fork and linux is being used in schools, then you can say that.

I took a GNU/Linux class in college. It was truly abysmal. I wasn't expecting much, but the teacher knew absolutely nothing and was pretty much learning with us. I'm talking things like ls and cd.

No they use Chromebooks
>inb4 that's Linux
First, it's GNU/Linux
Second, its heavily modified. It is closer to android.

In my 3rd world country they use Vista and XP, rarely 7

The computers at my jobcenterplus ran linux

>It is closer to android.
Which is a distribution of the Linux Kernel.

only botnetbooks

>Chrome OS
You can install a proper Gahnoo/Лынoкc distro from Chrome OS, but it takes some working and is more of a pain than a benefit.

My point is that it shouldn't be counted as "Linux"

Attached: putin_cat.jpg (735x456, 77K)

But it's not GNU/Linux

My faculty of mathematics at which I study Computer Science uses Linux on all machines. Tbh It's a combination of being too poor to use Windows and being too based and redpilled. Even the Operating Systems professor is fucking ripped and probably fucking Stacies on the side. I like it here.

So? OP asked about the Linux operating system family, whose members varyingly use or not the GNU userland

That's true... I still don't think it is meaningful grouping in chromeos

>faculty of mathematics
Are you from Eastern Europe?
Linux is much easier to do math papers with, especially with LaTeX. I like to use it for my linguistics papers.

yes OP, every single school uses linux

If this was the case congratulations you're halfway there to actually appropriate teaching environment, next step is to have all computers FSF-approved.

Otherwise, you know, niggerfaggotry ensured

That's like saying Mac users are the same as BSD users. It's not the same and you know it, don't you user :))))))

Attached: 1553038449871.png (235x196, 23K)

here in Bumblefuck, Eastern Europe every single computer in high schools runs Windows
at my university it was pretty even
some labs ran Windows, most ran Debian, 95% of professors used MacOS

Chrome OS was used at my school before I graduated
they implemented them back in 2013

Most of the computers at my high school were still running Windows 2000 when I graduated in 2012.

Attached: 1318824680297.png (605x712, 388K)

Some schools are switching to ubuntu but most of them still have 7 or a debloated version of 10. Many schools are actually switching to Chromebooks if that counts as linux though.

I've always wondered how much schools could save in Windows licenses if they just ran ubuntu or something on all the school system computers, since all they really need them for is email for teachers, web browsing and word processing.

Libreoffice sucks and all but I would imagine it would be fine for typing grade school papers.

>First, it's GNU/Linux
>Secondly, it doesn't use GNU
Imagine being this fucking cucked over an autistic attempt to reword shit.

No. Most use shitty MacBooks from 2012 and cheap Dells