Technology Hate Thread

and the prize for The Shittiest Tech of the Century goes to..

Attached: Bluetooth-vector-logo.png (1200x630, 44K)

Other urls found in this thread:

xda-developers.com/bluetooth-battery-level-indicators-android/
android.googlesource.com/platform/frameworks/base/ /1d312bfa78c25e0e1d6ea25b2c027e2efdd5a418
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

>802.11ac achieves gigabit speeds while Bluetooth is too shitty to even stream lossless audio which is just laughable

Should become obsolete tech

its good tech but no fucking API

show me one programming lang that can connect and fetch battery level from my phone in a few lines of code

working example please

Java?
xda-developers.com/bluetooth-battery-level-indicators-android/

i guess you have no idea what u r posting

Attached: okayretard.png (1440x2960, 1.12M)

another retard not getting my question

Hmm I wonder if he was talking about pulling it from his phone on his computer instead of just looking at his phone....

thank you

What's your problem? This is a programming language that can fetch battery level in a few lines of code.

Just need to use a recent AOSP, it was added not long ago. But it DOES exist now.

android.googlesource.com/platform/frameworks/base/ /1d312bfa78c25e0e1d6ea25b2c027e2efdd5a418

fucks the point of having a phone screen and touch screen not to look at it and before you say cable he's talking about bluetooth which needs user interaction to set it :O

see

seethe

The least talked about but WORST part about bluetooth is the fucking pairing process. Every device has it's own level of stubborness for connecting, some have pairing modes, some have passwords, it's utter shit.

My $350 QC 35s will refuse to connect about 5% of the time I try, forcing me to reboot the headset, flip bluetooth off/on on my phone, try their app, etc several times until it does the trick.
On top of that, sometimes it will randomly start sounding like staticy digitized garbage and I have to reboot the headset to fix it.

BLUETOOTH IS A FUCKING JOKE. WHY IS THERE NOT AN OPEN SOURCE COMPETITOR?

The Linux dbus BlueZ API is cancer.
The Android Bluetooth framework is designed by retards.
I haven't looked at the iOS or Windows ones, since I don't have a use for those. I can't imagine it being any better.

Yeah you need to pair it the first time but after that it can auto pair when it's in range. I mean I don't see the point of why you would want to check battery level over bluetooth when wifi would make more sense but sure.

Adoption

Fuck why don’t they just use a secondary wifi chip instead of a bluetooth one? I can transfer hundreds of photos from my iphone to my ipad with airdrop under 5 minutes tops, which transfers shit over wifi. So it is possible to transfer large amounts of data peer to peer over wifi. Apple has done it. Why don’t others?

Attached: B40B10A8-3AB6-4B81-8817-3EB7B5ACAA46.png (718x802, 759K)

Retarded cancer is normal - very few people can design good async functional API for us.

You just kinda get to deal with it, eh. Typical occupational problem.

You already have WLAN, why do you need a "secondary" WLAN?

Bluetooth has lower power consumption, that's what it's for. BTW data rates aren't actually very bad on BT4 and 5.

Airdrop uses both wifi and bluetooth

BTW "transfers shit over wifi" whereas only airdrop working is just you dealing with Apple retardation. If this actually is the case.

Android's wifi connections work at the speeds they can work at given the devices involved - they don't really give a shit if you use syncthing to sync 8 folders with 50 machines or whatever else, it'll just run at typical wlan speeds.

im using a bluetooth speaker right now

If I understand this correctly I need to connect to the same access point for WLAN to be meaningful. That isn’t the case for airdrop. I can transfer pretty much anything, even a gigabyte sized zip file over airdrop to any ios device, which in my experience consumed less amount of battery than streaming shitty 128kbps music over to my bluetooth headsets. So I don’t understand how bluetooth helps with the battery life either.

this basically

For me, it's foot.

use magic wormhole

>If I understand this correctly I need to connect to the same access point for WLAN to be meaningful.
You don't understand this correctly, Android can connect directly for a long while now (in fact you can have an Android phone act as access point, even then sharing a mobile network connection...) apart from going across an AP.

I often am doing this with cameras (one Sony MILC, one Yicam), for example. They got their own apps, yes, but they're using WLAN direct connections.

BTW you're wrong on BT consuming anywhere near an equal amount of power as WLAN does. It is not.

Whether or not your Apple device can capitalize on these power savings for any given application I don't know, maybe your CPU/GPU power consumption exceeds either by so much that it doesn't really matter.

The devs behind the open source would starve and die

So can you select a file, tap the share sheet, select a device and doing that sends the file over to another Android device? No other fuckery at all?

Like how it is on iOS?

bluetooth being absolute horseshit is the main reason I have to deal with wifi to transfer pictures from my dslr to my phone

My Sony WH-1000XM2 doesn't have this problem, but I can't send a file from a Samsung phone to a laptop without it failing every time. Bluetooth is fucking garbage.

Yes, you can multi-select files, share.

Certainly at this point there is one detail: Both phones need to be running a compatible app. E.g. ShareMe (stock on MIUI, installable on all other phones). Google is apparently going to try to promote "fast share" as an Android builtin, but I wonder if it's going to be more popular than the apps people were able to choose from.

open source is a meme funded & controlled by big tech to keep the salaries low

BT works but is obviously a bit slow for those 200 40MB+ RAW files.

That said, "having to deal with" is pretty relative. It just werks as easily as BT if your app is done reasonably okay.

On muh Sony MILC I just tell the camera to send all of today's photos, then just open the app and it automatically connects to the camera and transfers files, then disconnects and goes back to the WLAN it had before. Pretty simple. AFAIK some DSLR companies did make really terrible apps, though.

>a bit slow
nah it's completely useless for data transfer

>tfw using bluetooth keyboard, mouse, and headphones and browsing on my computer from my bed
And it works with my phone too.

Bluetooth is amazing

I haven't looked into the API itself, but this shit is the only thing I've seen that lets me use my PC as a bluetooth speaker/headset so I can have both phone and PC audio over a single pair of headphones without plugging and unplugging.

And I'm using a bluetooth-to-3.5mm adapter. LDAC is pretty good. Just gotta switch to wired for movies and especially games.

And Sony makes terrible cameras that die from a smell of rain

They don't.
Where did you even hear that?

/p/ and Angry Photographer on YouTube

bluetooth is trash, but for me the worst tech award just goes to mobile apps in general.

Not to say there aren't decent mobile apps, but I'm talking about the shit where every fucking website has its own shit-ass app, and they'll constantly "remind" you to download the app over and over and over. Apparently I'm just supposed to have a dedicated app for every fucking website I ever view. Fuck off with that shit.

Most of them want to botnet more.

If only permissions were very fine-grained and users could just refuse any of the permissions as they please (especially by just sticking with their defaults they have on the phone in general), then this might not be such an issue.

so then only use BT for peripherals that don't require sending a ton of data?

This. There's good apps like calculators, chat apps, video converters, music players, or the companion app to edit the settings stored in this bluetooth-to-headphone adapter. Then there's useless apps that only exist to put a logo in your app drawer and spam you with notifications.