Why is RAM so goddamn expensive now? I can remember buying 8 GB for like $25 back in 2013

Why is RAM so goddamn expensive now? I can remember buying 8 GB for like $25 back in 2013.

Attached: why.jpg (1210x712, 177K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=PVad0c2cljo
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/DRAM_price_fixing
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Price fixing by koreagooks and scumericans.

>8GB for $25 in 2013
what was the ddr and clockspeed on it?

I see them saying that it's due to high demand from phone manufacturing sectors

Most likely dogshit

OK. You have buyed DDR4 3200MHz in 2013?

There are AMD retards that also want DDR5 to come out already. Imagine the prices.
The gooks have been caught price fixing over the years. It's no surprise they create artificial events to cause shortages and then hike the price up as a result.

Anyone defending them is subhuman trash.

DDR3 1333
Pic related, ol reliable. I can remember it being so cheap I bought an extra pair for my dad.
This is what the falcon guide recommended and it was a very good build for its day.

Attached: IMG_20190822_162629.jpg (4032x3024, 2.78M)

fuck off pajeet

RAM speed is a meme

>get used ram from ebay
cant help but shitpost!

Attached: 8f0.jpg (544x515, 85K)

youtube.com/watch?v=PVad0c2cljo

>buyed

Attached: 15655111144.jpg (1000x750, 140K)

>I can remember buying 8 GB for like $25 back in 2013.
No you don't, stop making shit up.

This bait tho

>not even getting the 2x16 kit of crucial ballistic 3000 cl15 for $120

$150 will get you 4000 CL19 today.

They have to have consultants to suggest trigger words like "Sniper" as product names, for a start.
Then there's the decorating with non-fnctional "spreaders" that mimic heatsinks. All nicely anodised and shiny. It's a wonder they're not "3D" and show nudie girls if observed from the correct angle.

Wait, are you seriously comparing the relatively new DDR4, and 32GB of it, to 8GB of DDR3? And let me guess, it was 2 4GB sticks of DDR3.

WTF are you talking about DDR4 prices are at a historical low right now. Granted, it is nowhere near as low as bargain basement levels with DDR2/DDR3 which were result of market oversaturation and non-existent demand. Memory cartel though Vista and 7 would drive memory sales but that never materialized. There hasn't been a mainstream kill app that makes 4GiB-8GiB woefully inadequate.

I remember a time when you more than likely had a box of hundreds of perfectly good RAM sticks next to your battlestations. Those were the days where RAM shat itself every other day, but it was still the good days. Even though RAM can actually last now, there's no reason for it to be so fucking expensive.

Attached: 1565469330932.png (730x780, 524K)

there have been recent lawsuits over price fixing

It isn't price fixing you idiot. The previous DDR4 hike came from a surge of mainstream demand due to Ryzen launch. People were finally upgrading their aging Sandy Bridge/Ivy Bridge rigs plus you have miner-fags clearing out all of the cheap memory. DDR4 is also more expensive to manufacture then DDR2/DDR4.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/DRAM_price_fixing

>en.wikipedia.org/wiki/DRAM_price_fixing

That fixing was from memory cartel trying to screw over RAMBUS by selling SDRAM and DDR1 at a loss while RAMBUS was trying to screw the cartel over with patent deputes over DDR1/DDR2 standard.

The so-called recent 2016 is not price fixing. The raise in prices concides with mining madness and Ryzen I launch. The mining-fags were buying up all of the cheap DDR4 stills for their rigs and Ryzen launch forced Intel to do more than rehash Sandy Bridge with cause a massive surge in desktop sales with people on DDR3-era hardware.

Supply and demand is a bitch. You fags got spoiled rotten when the game was rigged in your favor back when DDR2-DDR3 were dirt cheap because demand was non-existent and there was massive oversupply.