/pcbg/ - PC Building General

>Assemble a part list
pcpartpicker.com/
>Example gaming builds and monitor suggestions; click on titles above parts lists to see notes
pcpartpicker.com/user/pcbg/saved/
>How to assemble a PC
youtube.com/watch?v=69WFt6_dF8g

Want help?
>State budget & CURRENCY
>Post at least some attempt at a parts list
>List your uses, e.g. Gaming, Video Editing, VM Work
>For monitors, include purpose (e.g., photoediting, gaming) and graphics card pairing (if applicable)

CPUs based on current pricing
>Athlon 200GE - HTPC, web browsing, bare minimum gaming (can be OC'd on most mobos with the right BIOS)
>R3 2200G - Minimum 30-60fps gaming. The stronger 3400G sells for $150. (R3K APUs OCs better than R2K)
>R5 2600 - 60fps+ gaming CPU with great value
>R5 3600 - Great gaming CPU
>I7 9700K/I9 9900K - Overkill gaming CPU
>R7 2700 - Budget video editing
>R9 3900X - Professional tasks

RAM
>Always choose at least a two stick kit. 2 sticks for a typical dual channel CPU
>CPUs benefit from fast RAM; 3200CL16 or Micron E-die ("AES" in P/N) recommended
>AMD B & X chipsets and Intel Z chipsets support XMP
>B-die is EOP, stock is limited

GPUs based on current pricing
1080p
>RX 570/580 8GB - Can be found on sale/used for cheap. Look for 570s which are >1240MHz boost
>(GTX 1660TI @ ~$230/Vega56 @ ~$270) - higher fps / more demanding games
>RX 5700 - higher FPS
1440p
>RX 5700 - standard, 75-100FPS+
>RX 5700XT AIB - higher fps
2160p (4K)
>RTX 2070S OC - budget option. Turing scales better into 4K than Navi does. OR upscale from lower resolution with RIS
>2080Ti - best for 4K but expensive

General
>Yes, adaptive sync (free/g/sync) is important for gaming
>NVMe isn't better than SATA SSD for gaming
>Don't use Speccy
>Don't trust sites which rank CPUs by arbitrary, obfuscated scores (eg userbenchmark, passmark, cpuboss)
>AM4 VRMs + Monitors + SSD Guide under "more"
>skip SSD
>60hz is plenty for competitive

more: rentry.co/pcbg-more
previous thread:

Attached: 84937590w837.jpg (1008x756, 247K)

Other urls found in this thread:

pt.pcpartpicker.com/list/v8NfKB
ssd.userbenchmark.com/Compare/Samsung-970-Evo-NVMe-PCIe-M2-1TB-vs-Samsung-970-Evo-NVMe-PCIe-M2-250GB/m494791vsm494033
pt.pcpartpicker.com/list/w98RfH
amazon.com/dp/B07WP6TYQ3
amazon.com/Sapphire-Radeon-Triple-Backplate-Graphics/dp/B07WC7683C/
newegg.com/sapphire-radeon-rx-5700-xt-100416p8gl/p/N82E16814202349?Description=xt pulse&cm_re=xt_pulse-_-14-202-349-_-Product
pcpartpicker.com/list/PrLVtg
twitter.com/AnonBabble

any news on the zen 2 voltages?
i don't see any anti amd detractor spamming about them

Attached: 1562627685424.jpg (355x495, 106K)

I'm genuinely looking at buying the evga kingpin 2080 ti. am I a retard? it's for sale a few hundred leafbucks off on amazon.ca

pt.pcpartpicker.com/list/v8NfKB

cheaper board for this? tomahawk max/b450 carbon out of stock

>43 43 43
wew

depends on what you want to do with it.

Rate my build?

I have ordered most of the parts already so probably not gonna change anything

Attached: Screen Shot 2019-08-23 at 07.39.01.png (1366x1316, 268K)

I'm depressed buypig user from a few threads ago trying to cheer myself up I wouldn't do anything special with it

They're high, AMD says that's okay.
No one knows for sure what long term effects 1.45v+ could potentially do. But presumably since AMD says it's fine, it'll be fine.

And hey, if in a year or two they start failing, you can probably get in on a class action lawsuit.

Is 6600k / GTX 1070 still a decent combo for this year?
I saw a offer for a prebuild (aka built by someone else) for real cheap compared to others

looks good.
get nvidia gpu if you can afford it.

a lot of 2080 tis are on sale right now and there's a secret SKU that implies a 2080 ti super, wait a while and see imo they're put on sale because they will surpassed

>you can probably get in on a class action lawsuit
unlikely

how much?

can you afford the 1tb sabrent rocket? the 512 one has slower performance due to having fewer memory modules. it's not a big deal but just be aware the 512 is slower than the 1tb. based chad deals sabrent rocket buyer though.

what's the vega 56 equivalent (in terms of power) from nvidia?

I chose the 512 because I don't really need the space but if you tell me there's such a difference in performance I don't mind spending a bit more on the 1TB.

450 bucks

also
500W Corsair PSU
256GB SSD
2TB HDD
16GB 2600MHz RAM

can i use two different brands of RAM sticks?
for example i have a patriot ddr3 8gb but i was thinking of just getting one ripjaw x 8g so ill have 16 in total.

do i have to just take out my current RAM stick and put a pair of ripjaws in there?

gtx 1660 ti - rtx 2060

not bad.

seconding this but for vega 64

not him but pretty sure 1660 ti is noticeably inferior to vega 56

I'm the same way, I only need a 200gb drive or so and would prefer a smaller one in general. but yea annoyingly there is a performance difference due to the way ssd memory modules work. this usually caps out at ~1tb in modern ssds, with 2tb drives being about the same.

I'll get some flak for posting this site but just for a quick example since I can't find another easy source, you can look at the performance difference on these two samsung drives of the same modern and generation, you can see the 1tb drive is quite a bit faster than the smaller 250gb one

ssd.userbenchmark.com/Compare/Samsung-970-Evo-NVMe-PCIe-M2-1TB-vs-Samsung-970-Evo-NVMe-PCIe-M2-250GB/m494791vsm494033

2060 is gonna be equivalent or slightly better than a Vega 64

>pt.pcpartpicker.com/list/w98RfH
>What can i change before i bite the bullet?
arctic 34 freezer cooler
remove HDD
get 1TB SSD
Why can't you get vega in your country?
get 500-650W PSU

they spam about them even when they know it's FUD. That's the point. He's just spamming other shit lately.

good if you're getting red devil instead

you mean performance? 2060 is about 4-6% ahead and 1660ti is about 20% behind.

motherboard has a front panel usb type-c and you're going with a case with no usb type-c in the front panel, why?

why am i so obsessed with how my pc looks? is this autism?

it is by 5-20% depending on the title.

But Vega 56 also uses a shit ton more power. AND if you give a shit about netflix 4k content, Vega 56 is not playready 3.0 enabled (though Radeon VII and Navi GPUs are, as well as the 500 series GPUs)

Also to note, AMD driver support for older games is pretty shit, they've simply given up doing anything about it.

You could save money with an x470 or b450 board. Everything else looks fine.

>2060
>lowest i can find is 380 eur
shit, at that price point i can add 40 eur get a 5700xt and it mops the floor with 2060
the market is fucked

Attached: 1563559641410.jpg (320x311, 18K)

no

IsnĀ“t the vega 56 worst than the 1660ti in terms of tdp?

aesthetics matter. I mean, for example the reason keying a car is such a big deal is because it ruins the look of something so important. the car still drives.

it's perfectly ok and normal to care about how things you like look. it's healthy to want a orderly and good looking room and house.

if you are interested in computers it's completely natural to be interested in aesthetics. people will argue about taste, for example I think rgb is in general pretty bad looking, but caring itself is not a big deal. you can go too far though.

if you buy amd gpu you might as well consider your money wasted.
just get nvidia for peace of mind.

>can i use two different brands of RAM sticks?
Yes, but you might run into performance issues if you are running them at higher than JDEC speeds. There's a reason ram is typically sold in pairs.

Why are people surprised that a monitor that advertises that it can do 1m infact comes with caveats. Not even most TN models can hit a solid 1ms without visual issues.

also doesn't mixing ram make xmp not work? or is that something from the old days

AMD says 70C on idle is normal
I trust them

Attached: totally_normal.jpg (810x595, 259K)

Attached: 18794.png (851x383, 21K)

well honestly at every SKU for a price point i'm stuck with either having shitty driver support or an inferior card in term of framerate
i think i'll bite the bullet and play older games with a VM on linux where the drivers are better for AMD

Attached: 1564659141683-1.png (645x773, 49K)

I have no idea what you're saying

The b450 MAX is not available anywhere or says "ships in 1 to 3 months" and I don't want to wait. I also found a good deal on the x570 and the price difference is very small to me compared to the hassle and waste of time of dealing with the b450 BIOS. Also I'm future-proofing a bit as well.

5ms is perfectly fine for gaming if that's your question.

That's what I said. Higher than JDEC is XMP.

already had experience with AMD
they're not as bad as everyone tries to portray them
don't want to pay 150 eur more to have the same framerate equivalent with nvidia

But you can undervolt it though but the 1660ti is prob cheaper.

Please don't upset the shareholders, just buy Nvidia.

>the price difference is very small to me compared to the hassle and waste of time of dealing with the b450 BIOS.
Sure, that's fine.
>Also I'm future-proofing a bit as well.
Not really. There's nothing the x570 has or does that the 4XX chipset wont, apart from pcie4 and it's going to be a meme for a long time. No GPU is anywhere close to saturating pcie 3.

amd gpus are O.K. i'm amd gpu owner myself.
i'm switching back to nvidia this year. i don't want to deal with problematic drivers anymore plus i want RTX tech.

oh ok sure

I wasn't. Like I'm just surprised in this day and age people still buy into monitor advertisement hype.

Tensor cores and rendering shit for modelling too.

>pcie4
pci4 is definitely a big meme right now for anybody except video editors or people doing huge transfers constantly, it's not like random reads and writes were ever bottlenecked by pci3

i have nvidia 540m on my old laptop and had to rollback on drivers because old games that i used to play with smooth framerates are now laggy as fuck

they say amd has shitty driver support but if you discard all the unoptimized drivers that nvidia pushes for their older cards you may as well say that nvidia doesn't support their older cards as well

Attached: 1406595666610.jpg (546x550, 51K)

GUYS THE RED DEVILS ARE IN

nvidia has shit drivers too, the idea that it's just amd is bullshit.

yes, NVENC. i need it for 3d rendering.

Working 6 days a week 14hr a day with OT, finally get day off and lose it doing f5 on newegg pulse page hoping to finally get one. Ends up being the only day of this week with absolutely no buying window. Just end it all already

Attached: 1562871711781.jpg (727x868, 244K)

Where

nvidia tries to support old games. sometimes taking fps hit. it's not easy but they try atleast.
amd ignores old games support.

The asrock 5700 are still available on newegg, if you're interested.

amazon.com/dp/B07WP6TYQ3

this is the only listing I see, and it's a preorder for next week

>nvidia tries to support old games. sometimes taking fps hit
you don't get what i'm saying
old games that were already supported are running slower with new drivers that add nothing of interest

That's the magic of 'game ready' drivers. Regressions all over the place in favor of 'what's hot' now.

amazon.com/Sapphire-Radeon-Triple-Backplate-Graphics/dp/B07WC7683C/
just pre-order it, should ship next week

>have to switch between two sets of drivers whether you're playing old games or new games
this isn't the future i was promised

based disillusioned user

You guys don't know the struggle of being a leaf and always getting leftover scraps.

Attached: 1529667887237.jpg (480x337, 91K)

at least you can cross the border
imagine having to pay 100$ more in import tax in yurop and have no way of avoiding it except going on vacation to USA an buying your components at the same time

Attached: 1565717376173.png (1228x1150, 191K)

is there some newbie guide to undervolting GPUs? Ive been using integrated graphics my whole life and Im now planning a build where a Vega 56 will likely be my GPU.

I hate that everything costs more in canada and we also have lower wages and more expensive housing at the same time

SAPPHIRE XT PULSE ON NEWEGG

GO GO GO GO GO

Can anyone recommend a good wifi pcie card?

newegg.com/sapphire-radeon-rx-5700-xt-100416p8gl/p/N82E16814202349?Description=xt pulse&cm_re=xt_pulse-_-14-202-349-_-Product

pcpartpicker.com/list/PrLVtg

Almost done with my build. I have everything there except the CPU, GPU, Case and Case fans.
Everything I got was a bit cheaper than current prices too which is very pleasing.

I am still considering a boot ssd for my OS and I already have a windows key.

Attached: hype gundam g.jpg (500x499, 155K)

looks good.
get nvidia gpu if you can.

Attached: 8p7srj53bjh31.jpg (4032x3024, 1.2M)

aorus elite has no front panel usb type-c, but has a connector to connect to the front panel of a case.

your case has no front panel usb type-c, so you're not using one of the features of the motherboard

>out of stock already
FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUCK
FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUCK

I MISSED IT AHHHH

Attached: sdagdas.jpg (342x316, 55K)

*jesus christ, aorus elite has no back panel usb type-c

just bought one, this will be my first 144hz

what am i in for

Attached: file.png (276x169, 32K)

make sure you enable it in windows settings and also on the monitor menu, it wont be 144 the second you plug it in

>2 hdmi ports
>red gaymur finish
>built-in speakers
>144hz
>expensive
i like it.

A based af monitor. Had it for a week and a half. No problems. Currently running a 2060 i got for 350, gonna sell it for 270 when i get my 2070 xc ultra in 2 weeks or less

Attached: 20190818_164755.jpg (4032x3024, 3.39M)

You have feminine hands.

could be marfans

You meant power consumption?
Between 2060 and 2070S.
Vega56 uses 165-230W depending on model.
2060 uses between 160-185W depending on model.
2070S super uses 215-230W depending on model.

Don't use QLC for a main drive. Don't listen to the Nvidia shill who is too retarded to point that out.

it'll turn you into a girl like

Are we in a second athalon 64 era? The parts shortages and gpu fuckery and pricing all feel very familiar to a time long ago.

not the dude youre replying to but Im marfanoid and my hands do NOT look like that
that guys hands look soft as fuck as if he's never done anything other than type on a keyboard all his life

meant for

Stop being gay you dont want my gaint hairy ass hand around your small dick

Attached: 20190822_202644.jpg (4032x3024, 3.32M)

he's probably a child, that much was clear when he said "af"

his hands look like he's 12.

my hands are 9 inches long you handlet
however, I am a hairlet compared to you, maybe its because my hair blends in with my skin so I cant see it very well

>Red Devil 5700xt already unavailable, can't preorder anymore

WHAT A FUCKING SHITSHOW
HOW THE FUCK ARE THESE THINGS SELLING OUT SO QUICKLY?!

GOD DAMMIT

Attached: 1561809091215.jpg (1013x923, 109K)

when is my r7 2700x gonna bottleneck gpu's do you think?

you should have pre-ordered during the window, user

Even better.

Attached: bueno.jpg (546x366, 50K)

Attached: proxy.duckduckgo.com.jpg (750x750, 181K)

>children on /pcbg/
explains a lot of posts 2bh