Ubuntu is #1

If you use any other distro for your personal computer, you’re trying too hard.

Ubuntu is the only distro that just works. Everything else is nothing but signaling autism to make you feel smart. You run into issues, errors, and incompatibilities and try to shove it under the rug, but at the end of the day you must face the facts: Windows and Mac OS just work, and the only distro for Linux that can deliver the same quality and reliability is Ubuntu.

Prove me wrong.
(You can’t)

Attached: 439634A1-7735-4320-8525-7B811A454AD1.jpg (1048x1048, 82K)

>Prove me wrong.
>(You can’t)
no point in arguing if i already know you won't change your mind no matter what

Pop!_OS would like to have a talk user. Ubuntu thats been polished and without Canonical's horseshit.

first of all: linux is just a kernel
second: install gentoo :^)

ubuntu has better quality and reliability than Debian? Are you high? Ubuntu has better compatibility and more out of the box working software.

I'm not trying too hard. apt is too fucking confusing. I'd rather use pacman.

Based. I've been using Ubuntu for over 10 years, and it has served me well. There's no valid reason beyond personal preference to use any other distro.

I literally can't prove you wrong!

>You can’t
>btw i dont understand nothing about computers
here a proof

speaking as an idiot who doesn't understand technology (I'm being serious) I prefer the problems of ubuntu to the problems of windows. I'm pretty happy with it tbqh, it just works

I'm trying to download the UBUNTU 19.10 DAILY BUILD but the SHA1 sums do not match when I check in my Window command prompt

Is this normal

Attached: file.png (734x232, 27K)

Redownload and check the hash
not OP but presumably he means every Ubuntu derivative

I'm just downloading an normal version instead of the daily build and I'll upgrade afterwards. I tried both ubuntu and kubuntu versions and both had checksum mismatches
Trying to get ready for my UBUNTU LINUX class that starts on Monday

I use Gentoo for my personal computer.

I, personally, am not trying too hard, because on my gentoo, everything just werks, and I don't run into issues, errors, or incompatibilities. My personal customized gentoo install delivers the same quality and reliability as Windows, Mac OS, and Ubuntu.

Prove me wrong.
You can't, because all of my sources are personal experience and you have no way of demonstrating that my personal experience isn't what I say it is.

I win

Don't install an Linux called "Gentoo." Man this sh*t is so wrong in so many motherfu*king levels yo...I was talking to one of my nerd friends and he sent me 3 CDs with the name only labeled "Gentoo" I said to this dude, What's this sh*t? He just giggled and said "Just install them and MAKE SURE NOBODY IS AROUND YOU WHEN INSTALLING IT!" Then I thought it was some weird virus or some strange sh*t but as I installed the first CD, I was like "Yo.....what the fu*k.." THEN IT CONTINUED and I was like "Yoooooooooooooooooooooooo......." THEN THEY GOT IN THE MOTHERfu*kING SHELL AND THEN I SAID "YYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!" I couldn't fu*king believe what I just saw, It was like Satan gave me his Linux collection, sh*t was so disturbing..YET I COULDN'T STOP INSTALLING IT, THEN CD TWO AND IT WAS TWO OF THEM.....THOSE COREUTILS...YOOOOOOO.......THOSE COREUTILS....AND THAT PROCESS DIED THEN IT...YYYYYYYYYOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO... THEN THAT COREUTIL EDITED THAT CONF FILE THEN YYYYYYYYYYYYYOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO........IT WAS LIKE YOUR bi*ch WANTED TO USE COMPUTERS WITH YOU BUT SHE WANTED TO SOMETHING "DIFFERENT" AND IT WAS SO absolutely glorious, YOU JUST...KEPT INSTALLING IT...AND THAT'S WHAT I fu*kING DID!!!!! THEN I INSTALLED CD THREE...THREE COREUTILS...THRRREEEEE!!!!!! IT...WAS...THHHHHHRRRRRRRRRREEEEEEEEEEEE EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!! AND GREP WAS HIS NAME NIGGA, GREP WAS HIS MOTHERfu*kING NAME!!!!!! OH MY GOD,I AIN'T GOING TO HEAVEN NIGGAS, I ALREADY SOLD MY SOUL TO Richard Stallman!

So I Just want to tell you all right now..DON'T INSTALL A LINUX NAMED GENTOO, DON'T DO IT NIGGA, IT'S LIKE Plan9. REMEMBER WHAT I'M SAYING TO YOU NIGGAS!

>123
check'd and kek'd

I really like it and always come back to it. That said, stay with LTS and wait at least two months before upgrading to the new LTS. The first months are buggy as shit.

Also, the releases between LTS versions are mostly beta software, DO NOT USE IT ON PRODUCTION.

what type of Ubuntu should you install? Xubuntu, old style with some modern standards for most people.

it doesn't work I'm just gonna use a professional OS instead, RHEL.

After I do a fresh desktop install of Ubuntu I waste a lot of time removing annoying crap like the software updater, snaps, and the Canonical botnet. Then there are all the tweaks I have to make to their fucked up version of Gnome to make it usable, which is already slow and bloated, and every alternative DE comes in a different .iso on a different website.

There are far better alternatives that are still similar like Debian or Fedora, even Mint is better if you're a beginner. All the these distros "just werk", unless you're the sort of normie who is wilfully ignorant of how computers work, in which case you deserve all the bloat, the lack of manuals, the forced updates, and the choice between paying absurd amounts of money or using a dubious activator which you probably don't know how to use either.

>use debian! its better!
>you want newer software? just compile it yourself™ or wait© for backports™
i understand the appeal of debian but i would use gentoo if i need to compile everything by myself

i can say the same bullshit with everyone here

I can't use Ubuntu on my PC, even after installing gpu drivers it flickers like mad. I read that apparently my monitor is giving it the wrong information, but found no fix that worked.

You know you can do a minimal install or change the DE without reinstalling, right?

Yeah, but that sort of defeats the point of having an out-of-the-box OS. If you're competent enough to do either of those things then you're better off with a different distro.

>Ubuntu is the only distro that just works
omg

Ubuntu really is a fantastic OS. It's good if you're coming in from windows or if you need dependability above all else.

>better off with a better distro
I disagree. minimal Ubuntu is way more stable than Arch and most packages ship with sane/usable defaults, unlike most other distros. Just install your DE of choice and you're golden

b-but my linux mint

Came into Linux because of Ubuntu, used it till 18.04.01LTS wasn't my main driver, as Windows 10 is far superior and has 100% of what I use. Linux is like 60% of that.

Hence. I still main Windows 10, because it runs all I use. Even shitty games.

However.

I am using Trom-manjaro right now. I'm not really into the "Free Trade" or whatever this BS is being pushed but liked the fact it looks like Ubuntu but isn't Ubuntu.

Still. 60% of what I use, Windows still beats it. I like Linux, but it will never be anything more than a passive hobby and not my main OS. I don't code and shit.

So Linux will never appeal to the vast majority, until ALL my software free or otherwise, works on Linux.

It won't.

>Thread

Attached: LaughingDino.jpg (776x442, 56K)

>more stable than Arch
That's not saying much, user.

Nah Fedora is better.
Enjoy your broken garbage that only works for servers

let me amend that to "just as stable as regular ubuntu"

the baron from above here, went with Fedora and it werked on the first download unlike Ubuntu.

I don't like GNOME though but I'ma give it a shot and stuff. Like LOL there is no maximize or minimize buttons on the windows probably because there is no taskbar lmao. What kind of retard is this designed for

Attached: Screenshot from 2019-08-22 23-01-52.png (1920x1080, 737K)

and then I was flipping through the settings and saw
>Wi-Fi can be turned off to save power
So I was like wtf I don't want that to happen. Don't manage this for me I'll do it myself if I need to save the power! I turn that feature off...and it fuckin turned off my Wi-Fi

Attached: Screenshot from 2019-08-22 23-11-42.png (1040x687, 64K)

>wahh where is my windows 7

Attached: 1562492576936.png (280x173, 9K)

install the gnome tweak tool, you add minimize and maximize windows that way

Yeah I know that, it's just super gay that
a) there's no easily discoverable way to do it out of the box and
b) it's configured this way out of the box in the first place.

Like bro to keep a window open but out of sight you have to move it to a new workspace. How is that less confusing than a taskbar and minimizing? A concept that window managers with panels have been using for over 9000 years...

>waaah its too hard
you're fucking retarded if you are complaining about gnome being hard.
it looks like a phone UI it's not fucking hard to figure it out stupid zoomer illiterates
it's a frontend to dconf/gsettings, you don't need that. There's also dconf-editor.
It's in the GNOME documentation but windows fags are braindead retarded.

>defending phone UI on real computers while calling others zoomers
*sips* yep, that's an intellectual checkmate

If you don't know how to use a graphical interface, you have as much opinion on technology as my mom does

Who said I didn't know how to use it?
I just said it's gay and bad.

Install a package
>apt install
>pacman -S

Search a package
>apt search
>pacman -Ss

How is that less confusing?

You are correct

>snaps are outdated garbage with broken theming
>dbus-daemon crashes on every login
>Geary is still some fucking beta version from 2017
>pre-installed and uninstallable gnome extenisons
>no linux-steam-integration
>GNOME without patches
>fingerprint scanner doesn't work outside of GDM
Install Fedora and add negativo17's repo.

OP if you just use that machine to browse reddit then Ubuntu will work for you, but if you are actually using your computer to do things chances are you have specific services, scripts, software and libraries you compiled yourself, etc. And you have it set up the way you like it.

Well with ubuntu you can't maintain any of that shit. The next release will break it all for you. If you want to clean install it will be hard to set up.

>>uninstallable
non-uninstalliable*

found the biggest brainlet on Jow Forums

Attached: 1565559924199.gif (800x371, 193K)

IBM appreciates your voluntary unpaid contribution!

Lies

Fucking GOLD

MORE LIKE POOP OS HAHAHAHA NIGGER FUCK JANITORS CLEAN THIS POST UP. NOW!

but in all seriousness, is pop pretty much just another Zorin try hard? Just the same OS but slightly reskinned to pass as it's own.

Ubuntu is always on old kernels and the repos have outdated software in them. I've been primarily using Ubuntu since 2006, but I'm realising that it's time for me to switch to something more modern, like Fedora.

In essence, with the influx of corporate interest in Ubuntu, Ubuntu has become what Debian used to be: stable software before most recent software.

Read it in the original guy's voice. GG

listen to yourself and read OP's post one more time

basically Ubuntu with a PRIME applet lol

well, this is one fucking retarded post

It's a pain in the ass to install Oracle DB.
>inb4 shill
Fuck off Julian, postgres a shit

Attached: 1563310206689.jpg (401x349, 97K)

Since 18.04 LTS it really roxx.