What's the most efficient losless compression algorithm?

What's the most efficient losless compression algorithm?

Attached: 57a721edefb409fe6fa530eae30854fd.jpg (736x551, 83K)

Can't tell you. It's proprietary.

Well that's going to depend on what you're compressing, won't it?

Audio = flac
Video = ffv1
Image = png

png is lossy... just with vecto

Zstd for general bytes. For audio and video there are better purpose built codecs, but I don't know what the state of the art is. Flac is probably still close to optimal, and I think hevc has a lossless mode for video.

definitely not MP3s. they lose 24kbps per year

Also depends on what you mean by "efficient." There's obviously a trade-off between compression ratio and computational load.

I hear LZMS works very well for executables.

depends what you're compressing

12kbps actually.

weak meme

Attached: idiot700.jpg (208x326, 10K)

Attached: qguy_wut.png (299x299, 67K)

Run length encryption.

Winzip 3.342 can do 6TB into 20MB i would say its Winzip

For textual data and log files, PPMd is really fucking good. I regularly see compression ratios of 4%

If you are trying to compress a sparse collection of integers (aka a bitmap index), EWAH is what you want. These data structures are incredibly powerful because they can compared for set membership without full decompression.

that one thing i made in x86 asm once just to display as many waifu pictures in the bootloader at once without overwriting the volume and lost the source of

you hearing this jerry? flac is still close to optimal compression. the 21st century is here! take that zune and chuck it in the hudson because the FUTURE is PURE and LOSSLESS compression!

(b plot is kramer opening a phone repair shop and he just acts like louis rossman for an entire episode)

Attached: george.jpg (480x270, 47K)

>png is lossy

png uses lossless compression. i know you are going to argue otherwise because lossy pngs are very much possible but the ISO standard for png is lossless

>Image = png
You can argue that it's the best choice for lossless images, but it certainly doesn't provide the most efficient compression.

Zstandard is the best mainstream general-purpose compressor in terms of compression ratio/performance.
>take that zune and chuck it in the hudson because the FUTURE is PURE and LOSSLESS compression!
lol
Lossless WebP, FLIF and several others are better than PNG.

>LZMS
a shitty outdated LZMA2 ripoff