Yeah I still use X.org, how could you tell?

>Yeah I still use X.org, how could you tell?

Attached: Screen Tearing.jpg (1920x1080, 381K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=iYWzMvlj2RQ
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

So this is the power of Linux?

Tearing is necessary for a responsive desktop experience.

Looks comfy to me, user. I'd fucking kill to be able to rice to make my shit look like that, but I just can't. Though I would do away with the dock and just use the context menu like on Openbox.

Can't you use tearfree or whatever you do with nvidia

heres a (you)
> using nvidias shit ancient
proprietary drivers
> complaining when they fuck everything up
> nothing new on Jow Forums
boot back into windows already and fuck off

>wobble windows
yikes

Your kidding, right?

just force pipeline bro lol just fuck up vsync in opengl programs lol oh they don't work properly well you're a /v/tard linux isnt for games lol

Just run a compositor you dunce

cringe and anti-comfypilled

more like when you use Nouveau instead of Nvidias proprietary drivers on linux

> wobbly windows

What is this, 2007?

>just use a compositor
>compositing is clearly enabled

lol

I have never seen tearing, but I use Compton so maybe that's why.

that counts for dick if it's composited

the ultimate solution is to just move to 240hz monitors, then it won't matter if you're a frame or two behind.

Windows and Mac have responsive desktops and no tearing.

>windows
>responsive

Yes, it's responsive even on old thinkpads. Stop being delusional.

Tried wayland ones but none of my x tools were working, like how do you change keyboard layouts? - surely not with xkb-switch.

I know gnome does it somehow but I couldn't do it in sway,

Attached: sway.png (351x474, 194K)

i've never had that happen desu

you can do it easily in sway if you bothered to read the manual you lazy fuck

this used to happen to me all the time on i3 evn when I had compton AND tear free option enabled with any driver. It was consistent tearing too. The tearing was always at the same line no matter what

nvidia-settings --assign CurrentMetaMode="nvidia-auto-select +0+0 { ForceCompositionPipeline = On }"
Wow bro that was so fucking hard.

>Nvidia
Gee, I wonder why.

Even with this, it still broke randomly for me. I had to reapply it at least once per session.

>nVIDIA
>the way it's meant to be played™

Wow that was so difficult

Attached: remove_tearing.png (610x529, 38K)

its not

Here's my experience from half a year ago with loonix. Mostly user friendly distros like Ubuntu, KDE Neon, openSUSE and Manjaro but I think you get the point.

>Try most known DEs: KDE, Gnome, MATE, XFCE, Unity (didn't think it would work but it did)
>After that keep trying between KDE, Unity and MATE (this last one on its ubuntu flavor I found particularly decent)
>Have tearing issues on all of them
>Turns out in order to treat that I also need to have compositing enabled, otherwise I'm fucking up
>Once I got it working, experience stuttering while scrolling on websites with both firefox and chromium
>I am required to use compiz config manager for unity and somehow figure out that KDE needs some sort of flag that enables/disables triple buffering
>Unity works ok but has next to no customization and some issues with my dual monitor setup
>MATE seems to fuck up with fullscreen applications somehow when compositing is enabled (compiz that is, because compton produces an excruciating amount of lag while doing basic shit like dragging windows)
>KDE introduces lag when compositing is enabled to a point where some shit I just find unplayable (specially with emulators)
>All of this happening with an RX570 when supposedly "nvidia and intel are horrible on linux, you have to go AMD"

Windows and macOS got this figured out ages ago, I don't understand. It's not fucking 2002 anymore. You can't go and tell me "it's faster than windows" if everytime I do something on windows the animations are smooth as my balls, there's no tearing and if I decide to use windowed mode on something there's only a little bit of lag which is much more bearable.

Make sure to enable the spinny cube too

Tearing is a driver issue, fix the driver and it goes away everywhere.

Alternatively use Wayland.

Any UAC prompt will slow your desktop to a crawl on any hardware.

just disable UAC

>NVIDIA proprietary drivers

Attached: 1552524142766.jpg (563x651, 226K)

You're kidding, right? *

>in order to treat that I also need to have compositing enabled
Just like on every fucking OS, idiot.
>experience stuttering while scrolling on websites with both firefox and chromium
Disable smooth scroll. It's an issue on windows too.
>"nvidia and intel are horrible on linux, you have to go AMD"
It's just nVidia.
>Unity
>Unity
>Unity
It's abandoned years ago, and it was always shit.
>there's no tearing on windows
Only if you enable the compositor, aka Aero. On windows 10 it's enabled by default and can't be disabled, which is why you have an illusion of windows not having tearing. Windows 7 had it disabled by default until you installed drivers.

>Mostly user friendly distros like Ubuntu, KDE Neon, openSUSE and Manjaro
Ubuntu isn't made for desktop use. KDE Neon and openSUSE aren't made for a normie like you. You should have used Mint.

>uses nvidia + proprietary drivers
>complains "Xorg doesn't work"
Every. Fucking. Time.

>has to buy new hardware to use Linux
It's no wonder why no one bothers.

I'm using Linux on my Amiga 1200. Does it count as new hardware?

>lincucks excuses
kek

Literally never had this issue, and i use Nvidia propertiary drivers with KDE.
Anyway pic related is very ancient , probably some old version of kde

Is this what it's like to be a wintoddler?

>i want X on my windows PC
>just disable

>Modern radeon GPU
>Openbox
>xorg
>compton
>Option "TearFree" "true"
>never have screen tearing
>i have all of xorg's features, like mature clipboard support, and xdotool, which i use a lot and i can't live without

>use wayland
>no tearing either
but
>lot's of shit break
>still has to run xorg for most stuff
>xorg windows look weird on wayland
>no integration whatsoever, not even on the clipboard
>no support whatsoever for xdotool
>my graphics tablets won't work as it relies on xsetwacom

The only viable alternative to xorg is a tty.

the only alternative is
>just download this 3rd party malware

remove smear

>Disable smooth scroll
Is there a way to disable pixel scrolling with touchpads on Chromium (and other Qt programs)?

Afaik chromium is locked into using smooth scrolling. Maybe there's an option in chrome/flags, I don't really know. Chrome browser have utter shit settings layout and it's deliberately made to confuse you, waste time and hide anything other than the most simple shit.

Look I just turned on vsync it's fine

I had this with an old Linux Mint. According to a forum (I think it was the NVidia forum) I could have solved it with a kernel update, the newest Nvidia driver and xorg 1.?? (I believe it was 1.19. OP, is that xorg 1.15 on your machine?). But in the Mint forum anyone with the tearing problem was told that xorg wouldn't be updated because Mint is stable and nice thanks to the LTS version of Ubuntu that Mint is based on. Not working was stable :(

> Nvidia Driver: 340.32
> Server Version: 11.0
> Server Vendor: Version 1.15.0
Holy shit what year is this

>clipboard
wl-clipboard
>xdotool
ydotool

All my shit now runs natively on wayland. Running kitty as terminal and qutebrowser on qt5 wayland. Wayland and especially sway is very usuable right now

that's such a fucking shit rice wtf

>wl-clipboard
no integration with X clipboard afaik
>ydotool

Currently implemented command(s):
type- Type a string
key- Press keys
mousemove- Move mouse pointer to absolute position
mousemove_relative- Move mouse pointer to relative position
click- Click on mouse buttons
(from git page)
lots of what i use isn't there yet. I need the complete set

I also use emacs quite a lot as a writer, which runs under xwayland, breaking the clipboard sync between emacs's kill ring and xorg's clipboard.

Did you not read what I typed? I had to apply it AT LEAST once per session. It sometimes was two or three times it decided to break on itself. Nvidia drivers are absolute garbage, even on Linux.

Obligatory.
youtube.com/watch?v=iYWzMvlj2RQ

this
brainlets won't understand

Please stay in /tpg/.

Force composition pipeline.

It won't. The fuck wrong with you? It's just a windows forms window that pops in and out.
OK what's your hardware

its way more responsive than anything i've tried on linux

Half of tpg is just windows on thinkpads dumdum

> Nvidia puts zero effort in Linix
> haha haha, amirite?

wtf are u brainlet this rice is shit and it's basically default

It darkens and cover all your desktop, windows can't handle that shit ever.

KDE is literally the ONLY desktop that has ever given me problems with Nvidia drivers and screen tearing.

>nvidia
It's not xorg's fault, user

>FUCK YOU NVIDIA

Attached: 1371610237180.gif (350x357, 2.81M)

Because your screen tears all over the place

It is. Hate it as much as you want, unless you're running a 2009 Celeron and HDD, it's going to be as responsive as most Linux DEs.

I know for a fact that's not true on a laptop with 3rd gen i7 and 8GB of RAM. KDE neon is MUCH more responsive than Windows 10 LTSC, both on SSD.