>FAQs:
pastebin.com/M5w7QtKp
>Group Buys
deskthority.net/viewforum.php?f=50
drop.com/
>Keyboard wiki
deskthority.net/wiki/Main_Page
>Keyset wiki
keypuller.com (web.archive.org/web/20161101152119/http://keypuller.com/)

Previous Thread

Attached: Fumo Madoka Magica.jpg (650x464, 166K)

Other urls found in this thread:

novelkeys.xyz/products/novelkeys-x-kailh-box-heavy-switches
monoprice.com/product?p_id=34564
amazon.ca/DURGOD-Mechanical-Keyboard-Connector-Typists/dp/B07B8DS585
3dprintingindustry.com/news/smooth-operation-eliminates-fdm-stair-stepping-in-university-of-hamburg-study-160826/
twitter.com/AnonBabble

>Previous Thread
CORRECTION

What sort of keycaps should I buy if I want them to last a long time without getting shiny or having the letters rub off?

damn so cute

PBT with dye-sub or double shot

double pbt

Attached: WITNESS ME.jpg (3200x2133, 2.17M)

My only big issue with the Unicomp Ultra Classic is that the case flexes and creaks a bit. Of course it isn't really something that you'd notice when using it regularly, so I suppose it's debatable on how much that matters. Otherwise this one doesn't really seem to suffer from the issues I've often heard about Unicomp, like problems with the molding, the text on the keycaps being completely misaligned (although as a user pointed out in the previous thread, the font is now narrower), or the switches feeling less smooth than an older IBM Model M. The cable gutter fucking sucks, though; you can barely squeeze the USB into this thing, unfortunately. Also, I wish it was all beige instead of a beige/black two-tone on the case. My black desk doesn't make this so noticeable, at least.

Overall, I'm satisfied with the purchase. Maybe I just got lucky, but this is probably the most "consistent" recent purchase I've done; my FC980C for instance has a lot of weird inconsistencies about it that annoy me, and for a 260 dollar keyboard that was quite disappointing.

Attached: IMG_20190823_030535.jpg (1333x1000, 970K)

How does unicomp even stay afloat?
They don't make gaming keyboards (the biggest market for high end keyboards).
They don't make meme boards with the trendy MX type switches.
Every nerd and hipster who's into buckling spring would rather buy a 25 years old IBM for $200.

No idea. I mean, as much as they've cheaped out on the assembly over the years by comparison to the square badge M's, they're still some of the better built keyboards out there and at an extremely competitive price when you consider the rest of the market.

I know a lot of companies still do contracts with them, I used to work at a place that used Unicomp keyboards for instance, so I'm sure they still get decent money.

Thoughts on Cooler Master CK550/552? I'm looking at the Gateron browns.

very ugly guns

Idk why everybody is so hyped about mechanical keyboards. There is nothing special about (speak from own experience with Cherry MX switches).

After all, it doesn't matter what kind of keyboard someone has.

You think they're nothing special about them because you're only experienced with Cherry MX. Cherry produce the most thoroughly mediocre switches on the market.

They would be making so much more money if they advertised a bit better and they put out an SSK model again.

>I don't care about keyboards in general so I don't care about mechanical keyboards
Really makes me think.

Dye-sub can last a long time, but it's not permanent as it will bleach. This can be as fast as a week on cheapo sets or 30+ years on good ones. Double PBT doesn't have this issue but it's usually more expensive.

>Bought Holy Pandas
>Actually really like them
I'm shocked.

It's a fun little hobby for me. I love chatting online and posting to forums so over a decade ago I ended up deciding it might be a nice thing to have. At this point I've dropped thousands on it and I'll probably think it was a stupid thing in the future but for now I really enjoy it

They're probably my favorite tactile now.

Did you lube yours?

I did not, I'm not that far down the rabbit hole. Did you? Are they better?

Yeah I did. Used 3203 and they feel slightly smoother.

is there a mami version?

I have found a good offer for the Ducky Year of the Monkey. Is it a good KB? I don't know anything about mechanical keyboards but just want a nice clicky one.

There's nothing wrong with Ducky keyboards beside that they have nothing but boring old cherry switches.

So which ones are the new and exciting switches?

I have the stock GK64, did i do good bois?

Clicky switches? There's the Kailh clickbars that are a lot better.

Box pale blue are clicky. I had those on my keyboard before I switched to the holy panda above.
novelkeys.xyz/products/novelkeys-x-kailh-box-heavy-switches

Where can I find a keyboard that's sold with those switches? In Europe if possible.

Not sold with them, you'd have to buy the switches and just swap them. Easy.

keyboardcompany v80 and v60

monoprice.com/product?p_id=34564

Is this monoprice MP810 keyboard any good? Don't give a shit about RGB crap, but it's on sale for 30 bucks and I've never tried any mechanical keyboards before.
Worth a shot or are there better alternatives for around the same price range?

Sure, why not, seems decent price for optical switches, and it's also linear so there's less chance of something going wrong.

Hey, hoping to get help with this. What is in your opinion an affordable mechanical keyboard with full F-keys, but no numpad. Mainly used for gaming and light typing, as well as web browsing. Seems like most "GAMING" branded options are rip offs with cheaper alternatives.

Depends on the budget, vortex tab 75 is apparently pretty good.

my old, dirty, non-mechanical piece of shit

Attached: s.png (1981x978, 2.86M)

Preferably

Friendly reminder that small form factor homosexuals (TKL and under) are a vocal minority and that 90% of mechanical keyboards sales are full size.

Attached: 68105659_p0_.jpg (1066x1491, 178K)

whoa whoa whoa
leave TKL out of this, we do nothing wrong
if you MUST shit in TKL, shit on the 70% and 75% board users, not the 80% users

Fuck you, I want my TKL recommendations NOW

I doubt that. Laptops make up the vast majority of PC sales and most of those are 75%

>mechanical keyboard sales
>laptops

I have the same one

my only issue with it so far has been that my W key doesn't register as well as other keys, which sucks when i'm playing a game that uses W. and yeah I expected it to be beige aswell but it was black two-tone.

Cool, thanks.

>fucking Americans
Planning a mass shooting, billy?

I can understand right-handers not wanting the numpad so there's less travel distance between the mouse and keyboard, but I will never understand the 60%fags who forgo basic functionality and cram stuff into a modifier layer. And for what? Nigger, it's a desktop keyboard. You can't tell me you have no room for a function row

My only issue is that they just told me to try again in a couple of months cause they ain't got any keyboards for me.

>Typewriter in storage at work has the best keys I've ever felt
>They're built into the typewriter

Attached: I have no mouth, yet I WILL scream.gif (540x400, 1.78M)

yeah he has 10 guns for each one of his fingers, maximum school annihilation efficiency!
inb4 T H U M B S

i wish i was bold enough to buy a cute.

Got a loicense for that edge, subject?

Laptops keyboards are also mechanical

by that extension, all keyboards are mechanical then, right?

>90% of mechanical keyboards sales are full size.
So full size are normie keyboards...

The vast majority of mechanical keyboard users are also epic gaymen so why the hell should I listen to the them?

That sounds like a pretty big issue. I wonder if one of the plastic rivets around that area failed, or if the switch mechanism isn't on as tight as it should be.

Zinc doesn't flex...

Attached: DSC_8525.jpg (3473x2030, 294K)

Yes, can you prove otherwise?

careful you dont get arrested with that edge nigel

youtube.com/watch?v=H66XwhzhdnA

Hey I love my 75% vortex race 3

No it doesn't, but unfortunately that's out of my budget for now. Maybe if I didn't waste my money on a topre board :)

amazon.ca/DURGOD-Mechanical-Keyboard-Connector-Typists/dp/B07B8DS585

thought's on this?

Bros I have been using some browns for quiet some time and now I'm looking into getting a new keyboard.

Problems right now are that my fingers are really getting sore from typing/playing so I'm looking into something that takes less to press and register.

Are Cherry MX reds and silent reds that much different? And do they make any noise like my browns?

Reds will sound essentially the same, and the spring is not really any lighter than browns. Only silent reds will be noticeably quieter.

Thanks user. Hope to get a little keycap tester to see which ones are better for me.

Ok hold up bros I've been doing some research on keycaps and it seems from the complains that lower actuation results in people's fingers hurting during typing?

Is it because they are pressing on the keys too hard and bottoming them out? I have this issue where my fingers hurt when using my browns but I noticed I press on the keys all the way down so much that my keys make a CLACK.

If you're bottoming out hard all the time that might be it. Try mx clears or some other heavy switch to try and discourage bottoming out.

Have some christmas tree-tier lighting.

Attached: IMG_20190823_154130.jpg (4160x2340, 803K)

Unicomp is owned by former IBM Keyboard manufacturing employees. When IBM shut down their manufacturing, the employees bought it out and kept on doing their thing. Its the same keyboards made by the same people with the same tools.

Dear friend please purchase PBT blanks from our shop. Thanks for your continued support

What are the pros and cons of having lights on a keyboard?

Is that cheap Ajazz keyboard compatible with all keycap sets?

Attached: 7FBUVxe.jpg (1125x1627, 560K)

They're pretty nice. Was quite tedious to clean out then relube them though.

Attached: IMG_20190823_164257.jpg (2850x1485, 913K)

Looking to build my own keyboard from scratch soon. How bad is soldering the pcb? I have minor experience with soldering but alot in welding

After conversions, shipping, and taxes this board comes out to 280 CAD.
Now while I dont care a great deal about how much it costs, I'm curious as to whether or not alternatives that have the same specs exist. So far I've found that the Keychron K2 has similar specs but I dont know about its RGB software

>Aluminium Case
>Cherry Mx Browns or Hotswap board
>USB C
>RGB software that can match my autistic Yellow and White scheme
>65%/67% profile

Enlighten me brothers, I dont wanna spend that much if I don't have to.

Attached: wRxrw2oVQfu6KCnN4OOC_WNxwR19gTua3nxiiQWP3_AI7B3311 copy page.jpg (1080x1080, 106K)

This might be good for printing concave keycaps
3dprintingindustry.com/news/smooth-operation-eliminates-fdm-stair-stepping-in-university-of-hamburg-study-160826/

that beautiful 1911

Ive build over 100 custom boards from scratch. ask me anything.

what did you have for dinner?

>Not even posting DSA Magic Girl.. what?

Attached: Screen Shot 2019-08-23 at 23.53.36.png (974x548, 526K)

test

Does anyone have an opinion on the R2 PFU Limited Edition? Is it worth the price?

Attached: 1566512816907.png (2272x1204, 1.78M)

Trying to buy a red switch 100% keyboard, currently looking at the Ducky One 2 Cherry MX Reds.

Anyone have suggestions on other keyboards or feedback on the Ducky?

Attached: 61ucuYtdV-L._AC_SL1500_.jpg (1194x494, 70K)

can i have one?

What website is best to buy doubledhot pbt keycaps from?

it arrived!

Attached: Ducky One 2.jpg (1249x937, 182K)

How'd I do for $30?
>kc60 pcb
>gateron clears
>qmk
>$30

Attached: IMG_20190821_211745.jpg (4128x3096, 1.31M)

Forgot to mention
>pbt keycaps

rate this bad boy here

Attached: zb45sjugtwk21.jpg (4032x3024, 1.54M)

That looks dirty and greasy. The keycaps also look wobbly and crooked.

Where'd you buy it from and for how much?

Have that exact keyboard with mx brown switches. It's very good. No rgb nonsense, heavy/dense/sturdy and comfortable.

imagine spending 280 cuckbux and not even getting a function row

I just received that exact keyboard today! () It's nice, I really like mine, but it's my first mechanical keyboard. Cherry reds feel so nice.

$100 on Amazon

>no function keys
what are you even doing with your life senpai

but it does have function keys

>paying that sum for a 60% with one of the shittiest yet most widely available switches on the market and a flimsy "case" that doesn't deserve to be called a case at all
bute idd godd arrrbeegee doe :--D

Attached: 12276499.jpg (445x515, 105K)

Get some thick, quality PBT like enjoyPBT. They cost basically the same as some meme GMK set but they won't end up looking like some greasy neckbeard's forehead after a few month's use.