Let's be honest here

DDG, StartPage, Yandex and the likes are a compromise, not a solution.
I hate to say this but these gimped s.engines are nowhere near as good as Google

Attached: download.png (4987x4994, 426K)

Other urls found in this thread:

support.startpage.com/index.php?/Knowledgebase/Article/View/184/22/why-do-i-get-different-results-with-startpage-than-google
Jow
quora.com/What-is-the-revenue-generation-model-for-DuckDuckGo/answer/Gabriel-Weinberg
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Yandex is a Russian botnet. They're not even a compromise, they're part of the problem

duckduckgo works perfectly fine for me. NEver had any problem with it

idk user they work pretty great. Never found myself struggling with finding a search result outside of google.

Daily reminder that if you use (Google's) Android then you're a huge part of the problem

Attached: gwrgqrg.jpg (800x799, 22K)

very good goy
*pats head with bank note*

For me ddg usually works better than google and if i'm not satisfied with the results i can still add !g. Also googles design feels more hostile compared to ddg, if that makes sense.
Also consider qwant and ecosia maybe

startpage's search results are literally identical to google's. Sure its a few ms slower and doesnt have all the "applets"' but its a small price to pay for your data not going to google

Not even memeing. Unironically, what's wrong with DDG? I've been using it for nearly a year now, and I've only ever had to visit google.com once. That was because I needed to translate something, and as far as I know DDG doesn't do translations yet.
I've never had any trouble finding exactly what I need, usually on the first page of results. If something exists that is a significant improvement over it, I'm more than willing to switch.

google is the most gimped and censored s.engine though

what about android without google?

>trusting a jew

This. How is it a compromise?

>gimped
>when startpage is literally google
Come back when you turn 18.

How hard is it to create your own search engine? I'm a mathfag so I can't imagine it's nothing I couldn't learn to do if I picked up some programming?

>results are literally identical to google

No it's not, SP always give me less pages with results whereas with google i get far more and it is much much slower, same with DuckDuckGo, speedwise google is miles ahead.

I use startpage. Occasionally, I have to use plain jewgle. But 99% of the time, startpage is fine. I guess that 1% of the time is too large for you?

>SP always give me less pages with results
I mean, if you often find what you're looking for even with that, what's the problem?
>and it is much much slower
Used to be in the past, it's only improving.

DDG is literally just google with worse searches, it does everything the same and I'm beginning to think the DDG posters are all shills since this is common knowledge.
Startpage and Yandex are the same.

You may have been right before Google stopped using boolean logic in its searches but now it's just complete trash. I barely get what I'm searching for half the time even when it should be an extremely easy and common search.

nah. it should be like ""you are a smoll part of a huge problem""

Ddg never failed me , actually , google is alot worse than duckduck go nowadays.

All search engines are garbage nowadays

> SP always give me less pages with results whereas with google i get far more and it is much much slower
google shows you results which suit your profile
with startpage you have results shown for an empty neutral profile

support.startpage.com/index.php?/Knowledgebase/Article/View/184/22/why-do-i-get-different-results-with-startpage-than-google

Since i don't have a google account then they only way to get results according to my profile is by looking my IP, from a privacy standpoint that's of course bad but for a more accurate results it's far better than then agnostic Startpage/ddg.

>muh Russia
No, we won't give you Crimea back and NATO won't help you get it back either, hoholsky.

StartPage is literally a Google relay that blocks tracking and personalization etc.
>SP always give me less pages
Go to the settings. Choose to see more results in every page. Results are hundreds of thousands, not only 20 like you seem to think. How useless are you?

I mostly get the results I want, I use Google only for maps

>Anything I don’t like is Ukraine
Yandex is shit and they ask for your phone to register y/y, actively lying about it on the beggining saying you dont have to, then buttfucking you in the end. The only good thing of Yandex is the image reverse search.

Attached: 2019-08-23-213722_1366x768_scrot.png (1366x768, 19K)

1. to see if domain name is in use and serving HTTP/HTTPS
2. connect to domain.tld/robots.txt and search for User-agent: *
Example: Jow Forums.org/robots.txt
3. follow its rules
4. read the pages you're allowed to read and parse them into raw data
5. learn a fuck ton on R to program a model together for it

>Didn't do a search for side by side comparison
They do have exactly the same return time.
Biggest difference I noticed was that Duck Duck Go wanted to make sure I knew they weren't going to sell my information, as they recorded my search input for definitely totally different reasons.

Attached: Ready Set Go.png (1536x910, 224K)

!ddgm
double trips checked.

Attached: CopyQ.NDTRnR.png (413x121, 10K)

at least the (((developers))) are good privacy friends.
quora.com/What-is-the-revenue-generation-model-for-DuckDuckGo/answer/Gabriel-Weinberg

Why do people trust DDG when it is as bad as Google?

>StartPage
>nowhere near as good as Google
It literally takes its results from Google, retard

!ddgi > !gi

ywn get this feature back

Attached: PP.png (564x440, 77K)

StartPage is basically Google's search

I've never had a problem with DDG though.

Startpage is anonymizing proxy to google. But if you just use google, google knows who you are and knows what you like to see in your search results. Cuz you been profiled.

There is an actual proof that Google shares the data with glowies, see PRISM program. But there's no real evidence of Yandex sharing its data with three letter agencies. Maybe they do, maybe not, we don't know for sure.
Again, the botnet state of Yandex is unknown while Google is a confirmed botnet. So, in that sense, Yandex is better.

DDG is actually the best search engine these days

better question is why people expect full anonimity (as in no gathering data from user input) from a service that is expected to have milions hits daily, all while wanting it to not serve ads, 'promote' anybody and not have an agenda. Even if they claim anonimity 100% you cannot fully trust a service hosted by someone else, even by stallman standards

The problem is that DDG was literally made for spy on people.

*to spy