Vaping Is Suspected In Severe Lung Illnesses

"The cases have occurred in 16 states over the past two months, with many of the injured rushing to emergency rooms with difficulty breathing and other symptoms. No deaths have been reported, but some patients were so ill they spent days in intensive-care units on mechanical ventilators"

science.slashdot.org/story/19/08/23/0413250/vaping-is-suspected-in-severe-lung-illnesses

Discuss.

Attached: vaporium.png (600x450, 410K)

Other urls found in this thread:

cdc.gov/media/releases/2019/s0821-cdc-fda-states-e-cigarettes.html
bat.com/ecigarettes
bmjopen.bmj.com/content/2/1/e000494
cancer.gov/about-cancer/treatment/cam/hp/cannabis-pdq
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC6235654/
nature.com/articles/npjamd201612
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Hahaha, hipsters

the source doesn't even make a distinction between an electronic cigaratte and a weed vaporizer pen and while technically they are just a coil and a battery they really aren't the same thing at all

while the safety of e-cigarettes is a legitimate question you need to have some level of nuance in determining that. because i have a sub ohm vape that makes a shitload of vapor in comparison to something like a juul but its not even a tenth as powerful as the things you see people hitting in vape shops with 100w coils, and hitting that thing every day surely has more health implications than a juul regardless of how 'safe' vaping is in the first place

Vaping looks gay anyway, that's reason enough for me not to do it.

is weed vaporizer safe?

redditors get super angry when you mention this to them

Vaping is silly. Get yourself American Spirit perique cigarettes and Red Man golden blend chewing tobacco.

how does it even matter, smoking causes cancer anyway

are you refering to a wax pen that high schoolers and parents call 'vapes' or are you refering to a chamber vaporizer because regardless the answer is 'its exactly as safe as smoking weed'

wouldn't hitting the vape break it?

>American Spirit perique cigarettes
now those are some good cigarettes but vaping has the benefit of not giving you COPD and i like not hacking up random shit. i can't even imagine how bad it is for people who smoked more than a pack a week

is your refrigerator running?

Imagine being so cute as to annoy people with your fog machine because you didn't want any health problems. This is what you get for wanting it all and thinking you would be okay. Upgrade to cigarettes and enjoy.

is vaping weed safe, then?

not going to defend vaping because it's super gay anyway but i suspect those retards have used shitty liquids and/or wrong amounts of them.

True. Vaping is still the better option.

Yes

my doctor says I can't smoke :<
fucking wax dab vape and juuls kill me so this isn't surprising

Attached: .webm (480x852, 1.94M)

I am so afraid of a throat cancer bros ;_; I don't want to die this young.

What is ironic is that most of the correlation between smoking and lung cancer was not about tobacco in general, but cigarettes specifically.
Other forms of tobacco smoking such as cigars or pipes, while not completely harmless, are a lot less so when compared to cigarettes.
This lead to the unfortunate fact of stigmatizing tobacco as a whole, when drugs such as alcohol have been scientifically observed to be way more harmful in the long run.

Attached: Lung_Cancer_Incidece_vers_Cigarette_Consumption.svg.png (640x315, 48K)

You reap what you sow.

certainly not
i would be already dead smoking kilograms of weed. that shit clogs arteries and lungs. but with weed vaporizers there is high risk of poor hygiene which leads to inhaling bad shit mostly bacteria and spores

This article is literally horseshit

Only an idiot would think that vaping is healthy. And most vapers are massive faggots who deserve to be mocked. Atleast use a sigaret like a man if you are an addict that needs his unhealthy sticks. But no, they prefer some fruity fagstick.

Actually the victims were juul users, some of which said to have bought thc aftermarket pods from stredg dealers.
They probably vaped shit that shouldn't be vaped like thc oil.

Street dealers*
Fucking phone keyboard

T. smoker boomer

>buy vape to quit smoking
>now I just vape inside my house and smoke regular cigs outside
fuck

People have been vaping en masse going on 15 years now.

That article is talking about dip fucking shit teenagers trying to get their rocks off with some nigged up wetback drugs bought off the street, and the media will have a field day claiming "vaping" in general is killing everyone.

Fuck off OP with clickbait shitpost.

you usually don’t inhale cigar smoke

I don't understand tobacco addiction. It doesn't get you high, it smells like shit, and it isn't the same social signal it once was. It seems like something people do just to get more breaks at work.

oh no vapingfags are such great people I sure hope they don't get cancet

Link the actual CDC press release next time.
cdc.gov/media/releases/2019/s0821-cdc-fda-states-e-cigarettes.html

That's just it. These recent cases might prove that vaping isn't actually much safer.

Attached: 1546115906078.gif (300x300, 1.88M)

>past two months
So, bad product run?

Nicotine.

It's almost as if it's not a good idea to vaporize and inhale completely unregulated, unsupervised chemicals you ordered online.

I honestly think every vapefaggot faggot deserves to die.

Attached: oh-noo.png (300x219, 42K)

Agreed. This is the best link. Go to the primary source.

Anybody who is surprised by this happening is a retard.
I hate to sound like a straightedge faggot but I'm gonna - any chemical abuse will have adverse consequences at some point down the line, and when the chemicals you are abusing are some air-freshner in a a can shit made in China you can be damn sure it's going to be sooner rather than later. I'll take people who smoke any day over vapers, at least their smoke only makes me cough and not dry-heave.

Attached: Clowns in a nuke fight.jpg (917x900, 85K)

HAHAHA, VAPERS BTFO!

Attached: 1564286211410.jpg (468x494, 42K)

That cat is gonna be fucking stoned as shit dude

Those birds are metal as shit man I love them

by and large, yes.

This isn't actually true. It's /safer/ than smoking weed, and I don't just mean with wax/bho. Even an herb chamber is safer, due to the obvious lack of combustion. However, it should be noted that straight herb contains a LOT more tar than tobacco.
Again, distinction is important.
Vaping herb? Safer than smoking herb.
Vaping wax/bho? Properly made, it's /very/ pure and while it might go down a little rough, it's far safer. Some of the products on the legal market (bho) are supposed to be something like 90+% pure.

bho/wax vape is not the same thing as a juul. One is rough, but generally not harmful unless you're like one of my deadbeat wannabe lazy former friends and overdoing it. Juuls on the other hand, are legitimately questionable.

I suppose there's a risk of some degree presented by not cleaning your shit, but that would be negligible unless you're already bad at cleaning yourself up.
also, the distinction between vaporizing bud and bho and wax is important.

I got a better idea goyim.

Let's stop inhaling smoke or vapor of any kind

no, how will I fit in with the cool kids if I don't purposefully destroy my body

You've attracted the boomers OP, may god have mercy on us all

When will people learn?
Putting things in your lungs that are not standard, beathable air will probably harm your lungs. It's not that hard.

Anyone else find it strange how all these anti-vaping articles started popping up around the same time? They also only talk about vaping, but not a peep about tobacco most of the time. It's as if someone is feeling the pinch from this alternative to smoking and is trying to kill it before it kills them...
Seriously though, I fucking hate smokers and want to finish off the tobacco companies first, THEN we can focus on the vapefags. This scaremongering about kids vaping and the health risks is all just a ploy to make people forget about tobacco and to make it seem safer than vaping.

straight edge faggot detected

Yes

>but I can only enjoy hanging out with friends and doing inane stupid shit when I'm drunk!

This but unironically. Smoking with the right people has landed me more prestige and promotions than my actual ability.
>Me and Dave both work in a project X in some god awful county.
>Dave knows his shit whilst I push the papers and delegate
>Our project manager is on notice
>We're disconnected from people in above but w/e
>Our manager finally takes a hike so some faggot comes to check with us
>Checks our performance
>Interviews us
>Talks to the people at the office
>Few days later see him smoking at the parking lot
>Go smoke with him, small talk etc
>Admits that Dave was the first guy on his list
>Complains that he met him in the bar and he refused to light him up
>call Dave a faggot
>He gives me the job

Reminder anti-vape studies and campaigns are big tobacco and pharmaceutical companies that sell nicotine patches being pissed off by vaping cutting into their business. The only palpable risk with vaping is idiots blowing their batteries up with mechanical mods. Any lung health incidents are anecdotal and largely exaggerated to cause fear mongering. The potential risks to your health vaping is still not even a drop in the bucket over standard smoking.

Still don't get it.

Nicotine isn't as addictive heroin, well at least not at the dosage you get in a cig. There is literally no reason to smoke cigs.

Attached: 1564594601768.jpg (640x640, 102K)

this is why you smoke cannabis instead of being a turbo autist fedora tipping vaper. cannabis both tastes and smells better than this shit whilst also providing significant health benefits.

Is there any data to back what you claim about wax?

My lungs never feel worse than after smoking or vaping any kind of wax/dab.

also,
>Properly made

lel, there is no regulation to either the black or grey market so you have no idea if what you are buying is "properly" made.

> slashdot
> links to wsj
it's the human centipede of garbage journalism
> “Investigators have not identified any specific product or compound that is linked to all cases,” the CDC said in a statement. The Food and Drug Administration said it is testing e-cigarette products that the patients used.
weeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeew.

>Reminder anti-vape studies and campaigns are big tobacco and pharmaceutical companies
you are one of the dumbest fucking idiots on the face of the planet. you make anyone from Jow Forums look like a genius.

>we are one of the world’s leading vapour companies.
bat.com/ecigarettes

Attached: 1542653956422.png (833x894, 461K)

haven't read the article but some retards just have to take things to the next level and I'm sure this article doesn't take that into account.
a friend of mine has some huge turbo vape pen he ordered online. I don't remember how powerful it was in watts but I tried it once and the vapor was so insanely hot I got a sore thoat and short breath.
I'm sure that guy is not doing his lungs any service and I wouldn't be surprised if he's getting lung problems in the future

weed also has the nice benefit of schizophrenia.

> been decades
> still no link found
imagine being you and this mentally disabled?
LMAO.

Ive met enough weedheads to know they are all skitzo.
lets see if you can stop smoking weed for a month and become a different person.

Haha.
Literally beta testers

there's more of a chance of triggering schizophrenia from a pet dying than smoking a blunt

My salary increased 2x after I stopped smoking weed and started to code.

Attached: 1565049773061.png (1799x825, 263K)

>somebody criticizes weed in any way
>you explode in a violent rage
hello skitzo

huutista röökijäbälle

> can't even spell schizo
> samefagging this hard
AHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHA. what a loser.

no you haven't. associating loud mouthed potheads as the only people who smoke weed is retarded. there are loads and loads of people who smoke regularly but don't go around acting like a retarded stoner, myself included. you wouldn't even know i've been smoking a spliff every night for the last year.

>unsupervised chemicals
who are you, the vape juice chaperone

And you sound exactly like a tobacco company representative from the 80s. Remember, history repeats.

>providing significant health benefits
yeah like making you retarded enough to make statements like that
if you have an underlying genetic condition, weed will accelerate the process and make your mental health deteriorate way faster. this has been studied and proven, but of course stoners will never accept this since it doesn't fit their already established opinion that weed is good for you.
I like smoking weed, but I'm not a delusional retard

skitzo is slang for schizo you overreating brainlet.
laugh hysterically some more, prove my point.

>mental illness can be self diagnosed
hello skitzo.

Nice try, tobaccofags.

>inhaling hot, noxious gasses is bad for the lungs
imagine my shock

So, are we just ignoring cigarettes now?

this argument is pants on head retarded. if you cared so much about this supposed risk to developing/accelerating serious health conditions you wouldn't even be at a computer right now nor would you be anywhere near a big city. you have a higher chance statistically of developing asthma and other serious airway/breathing issues from simply living in a big city than you have of accelerating schizophrenia from smoking a joint. diabetes is another example which has a massively higher chance of development based on genetics than accelerating schizo also based on genetics.

meanwhile the consumption of cannabis has been proven to have huge health benefits from actually preventing/slowing the development of diabetes, preventing some cancer development, decreasing epileptic seizures, slow development of alzheimers and many more. i'd rather smoke a joint 10 times out of 10 than take whatever these pharmaceutical companies are mass producing.

>chewing tobacco

Attached: BeforeandafterGruen.jpg (379x191, 70K)

>Nicotine isn't as addictive heroin
it's harder to break a psychological addiction than it is to break a heroin addiction

>significant health benefits
citation needed

Outside of making cancer patients hungry enough to actually eat food, what benefits does weed provide?

No, everyone knows cigs are bad for you, nobody is denying that, this is just pointing out vaping is also not consequence free.

35% nic and up nic salts do give you an immense rush of euphoria and a buzz.

THC is a horrible drug for people who want to get shit done. Stimulants are the professional class drug. Caffeine, nicotine, cocaine....

google is your friend. just copy and paste those i mentioned before and the studies will be there.

Stay off drugs.

Attached: 1374075452779.png (500x297, 64K)

American Spirits add ammonia to their cigs (AKA the chemical that makes the nicotine in them even more addictive) just like any other brand.

Right. This biggest problem with Cigs, more than any other means consumption, is the sheer quantity people tend to inhale. Even Juul, with its higher nicotine content, doesn't freebase in your bloodstream, making it significantly less addictive.

>I suppose there's a risk of some degree presented by not cleaning your shit, but that would be negligible

it is not negligible it took me 5 years to realize that even the smallest not properly cleaned place in airpath can cause troubles with inflammation and quality of vapor. I see lot of people with dirty vaporizers not giving a fuck and even trying to make extracts, milk and reclaim which is disgusting. They would be
surprised sending that stuff to lab for analysis

calm your tits, I don't care. I was just responding your false claim that "no link has been found" when there clearly has.
also, if I was really worried about it, I wouldn't smoke weed myself like I clearly stated in my post
it's also funny how many possible health benifits you know about when you haven't heard about the negative ones. one could almost assume you pick and choose which facts you subscribe to based on how good they make you feel about smoking weed, weird

well yeah it's a psychoactive drug. it's good for relaxation or to take the edge off sometimes. when i smoke i don't smoke loads i usually roll a small one which relaxes me before i go to sleep (like when i'm watching or playing something in the evening) and by the time i actually get up to sleep the effects have worn off.

>it's harder to break a psychological addiction than it is to break a heroin addiction
wotm8

Breaking a psychological addition :
>Spend 2 weeks to a month avoiding the addiction and developing new habits

Breaking a physical addiction :
>Spend two weeks in a hospital trying to survive withdrawal symptoms
>Then spend two weeks to a month breaking the additional psychological addiction

Even if we accept that absurd claim it doesn't explain how the addiction to cigs develops in the first place.

They provide no pleasure, status, or benefit so I don't understand why someone would ever smoke more than one or two of them then quit.

Attached: huhhh.png (194x299, 83K)

Absolutely does give a nice feeling. I like the smell of tobacco too.

So you don't have an actual source?

what happened :O

show me anywhere where i claimed "no link has been found" retard. i didn't say that once. i said the positives outweigh the negatives massively and the only major negative isn't even universal it's a specific case. rarely anyone who smokes pot has schizo genetics and if you also look at studies of why people who do have schizo end up developing it after smoking pot it's because in most cases they smoke when under 15 which can effect the brains development. there are several factors which contribute to this one negative you're trying to paint as the highlight of this drug despite the overwhelming positive effects it's been proven to have universally.

>one could almost assume you pick and choose which facts
>logically weighing positives and negatives is pick and choosing

drinking/eating anything related to fruit can increase the development of diabetes if i've inherited it. shall i stop eating fruit because of this one semi-negative? moron.

>I'm a newfag

bmjopen.bmj.com/content/2/1/e000494
cancer.gov/about-cancer/treatment/cam/hp/cannabis-pdq
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC6235654/
nature.com/articles/npjamd201612

just a few of the studies relating to the things i mentioned previously

>Both ugly af
He should've chewed more. It might've helped

Attached: 1565981735084.png (420x420, 9K)

Attached: 1566211723405.jpg (700x957, 70K)

>Vaping Is Suspected In Severe Lung Illnesses
Good

>mfw vape everyday constantly
Help me anons

Attached: 1565976048889.png (646x595, 280K)

ok, I'll rephrase: I was responding to a post where it was claimed. how the fuck should I have known you just jumped into my argument with some other retard stoner?
kys retarded faggot