Gerda

I need second phone and I might be interested in Nokia 8110. KaiOS seems to be shitty and there's this Gerda as alternative OS. Is this any good and is it still maintained? I read somewhere it's going to have update based on newer v16 firmware but nothing have come up and lastest update is from april.

Attached: RqtbPvTYXTH2CAYh7NWZAA-650-80.jpg (650x365, 36K)

Is there anything that a gesture phone does better that a smartphone besides muh battery and muh privacy?

If you're buying a second phone to cheat on your wife or sell drugs, just get the cheapest prepaid shit they have at walmart.
I imagine most people who buy their drugs from a dealer would be too stupid to use telegram/signal.

>any device in 2019
>believes in privacy

Battery is most important to me. MP3/Vorbis/radio player, wifi hotspot, GPS and some other neat tricks are welcome but not mandatory.

Have no wife and no interest in drugs. I would use this second phone to handle things like school stuff, purchases from webstores and other public things where I don't want to give my private number away.

So I asked this on another thread but I don't think I got an answer. I live overseas and depend on WhatsApp/messenger to communicate with friends and family.

Can I do this with a feature phone? I would settle to being able to create a hotspot and do video calls on my laptop.

Kaios has shitload of missed potential because they decided to make it fucking stupid and lock the whole thing down.

Whatsapp is available on 8110 with firmware v15 and newer. Wifi hotspot is also possible.

what is the issue with kaios?

Slowness, applications are very limited and bundled software can't be uninstalled to free up storage.

Huge security hole that wasn't patched.

DO NOT buy one.
The OS is serviceable, and as you say, there's Gerda.
However, what completely kills the phone is the absolutely awful T9 typing.
You have to go through TWO menus just to insert any punctuation. There's no custom dictionary. The capitalization does not work at all.
It could've been a great phone if they didn't fuck up the only input method so bad.
t. I have one sitting in a drawer. Thank fuck I only paid 30 euro for it.

I don't care about dictionaries. I've never used them. Not in original Nokia phones and not in modern smartphones.

I don't think you've ever used T9 typing.
And if you have, you have no clue what I'm talking about.

Gerda has the nice facility that allows you to correct the IMEI.
Of course changing the IMEI to something that does not match the hardware is illegal.

Gerda is still recieving updates.

The main dev of the project just posted he's adding more features with the next update in a couple weeks.

it was made by trannies

I'm getting one. Specially if it's only 30 euro

i have a 8810 and it has an auto-complete feature for the keyboard and it works very well. i mean, i wouldn't type an email with it, but it's good for quick texting.

oh i had not seen you were talking about the T9.
i still find it ok though.

I have a 8810, I like it.
I don't really see the point in messing around with Gerda really. I mean, it's a goddamn (half) dumbphone. It's made for talking and texting. Sure you have a weird version of Google Maps and Facebook and email, but you just use your Android phone for these.

Attached: 2019-08-23-213632_1366x768_scrot.png (1366x768, 17K)

You have been visited by the Laura of not great, not terrible threads.

This thread is currently reading 21 replies (not great, not terrible).

Attached: Laura.jpg (1275x637, 107K)