Your THE song you listen to before actually buying the high end speakers or heaphones etc /g?

Your THE song you listen to before actually buying the high end speakers or heaphones etc /g?

The one that gibs you dat audiophile orgasm.

This is Gamer Nexuses guys song he mentioned the song in hes chinese parts build video where he put the parts together.

youtu.be/AhRjSKGuJ0o?list=LLaTal0WVR3rwO77ZHIBeNlQ

Attached: img8833.jpg (5184x2692, 2.83M)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/DozDTkMdzDg
youtube.com/watch?v=cIxGUAnj46U
youtu.be/dmc6KV0_UVM?t=271
youtube.com/watch?v=bMh0jDjtluA
youtube.com/watch?v=Moe4796ZR04
youtube.com/watch?v=c3rellHY8aA
youtube.com/watch?v=ZCvu1QQ2Slg
youtube.com/watch?v=iVGcRNotCAE
youtube.com/watch?v=bnlvPoDU5LY
youtube.com/watch?v=OfR6_V91fG8
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

240p rip of don't lose your way by ryuko matoi

this is the video he mentioned this artist by name.

youtu.be/DozDTkMdzDg

Attached: cover.jpg (1411x1411, 2.11M)

I made a disc with some selected songs on plus I brought the soundtrack to Patlabor 2.
I don't know what I really think about listening to speakers at a dealer. Their room and setup will massivly affect the sound. I got totally thrown off when I listened to my speakers for the first time, I had to go back 2 months later to listen to them again under different circumstances, the dealer is located 250miles away.... Would probably just bought them directly if I didn't listen to them, but the first demo really made me dissapointed.
Same with my previous speaker that I've listened to two times under different circumstances before buying them.

Attached: hifi-im-hinterhof-berlin-jbl-4367-1.jpg (1500x1000, 598K)

youtube.com/watch?v=cIxGUAnj46U

Hotel California and Toms Diner.

youtu.be/dmc6KV0_UVM?t=271

pink noise and sine wave sweeps

youtube.com/watch?v=bMh0jDjtluA

youtube.com/watch?v=Moe4796ZR04

youtube.com/watch?v=c3rellHY8aA
Eyes closed and suddenly i am the whole universe

youtube.com/watch?v=ZCvu1QQ2Slg

Honestly that was one of the best nocturne renditions i've ever heard.

Surprised his channel seems pretty unknown.

youtube.com/watch?v=iVGcRNotCAE

I'd probably do something like this if I wanted to buy a really big speaker system, would just wanna see how much it would feel like it's beating the shit out of me

The album “I Am” by Earth Wind and Fire is my go to.
The dynamic range it provides is great.
There are parts that sound like they are right next to your ear and sweeping horns coming from the far corners of the “room”.

Sweeping brass sections and bass drum hits let you tell how clear the treble is and if the headphones can remain clear with a lot of noise going on. Plus it’s just a really fun album.

Only an aspie would test headphones with some sweeps what the fuck is wrong with you

Sine sweeps, I’m retarded.

What's the point of using songs you already know sound great? Good speakers make dull songs sound exciting.

The point is to test hardware using songs you know can stretch the abilities of decent hardware.

Say the cymbals in one song sound crisp on your headphones/speakers at home. You listen to that song a lot and are familiar with just how crisp it usually sounds. Then you go test hardware in store and you can (to some extent) determine if that cymbal in that one song you are very familiar with sounds less crisp, as crisp, or better than it did at home.

Now apply that to every other facet of sound. Directness, clarity, soundstage, frequency response. Find songs that highlights those facets and use them to compare how well hardware can show it off. And you need decent headphones to begin to tell what songs will do best with this and bring out the best in expensive hardware.

prof. Keith O. Johnson recordings

Attached: 1687EF70-9178-4DA6-A57A-5091CA3173E7.jpg (2048x2048, 737K)

Yeah, because the humans audio memory is great and different rooms sounds the same.
Testing speakers at a dealer is more or less pointless, you can hear if they can play loud, if they distort or sound separated.

billy joel the stranger

youtube.com/watch?v=bnlvPoDU5LY

Attached: CD1.jpg (1450x1462, 638K)

Random lofi playlist from youtube. ;^)

Earrapes and black midis

youtube.com/watch?v=OfR6_V91fG8
Usually this

Kreisler-Rachmaninov Liebeslied

Attached: 2019-08-23 12_55_07.png (604x242, 7K)

Back in Black is the only answer. Just shows you guys aren't pros.

based

Attached: 2019-08-23 13_02_34.png (601x602, 986K)

two years ago I listened ATC SCM100asl speakers at local hifi show and now two years later I still have their sound character in my head however it’s hard to describe it by words.
I think that story about human audio memory is complete bullshit.

yeah you think wrong
you can't dispute studies with your anecdotal evidence

You maybe have a memory of that experience, but it has surely been manipulated by your mind.
If people had good audio memory, placebo wouldn't be a thing.

your study is just empty theory

so if I put you in a room with 10 sets of speakers hidden behind an acoustically transparent curtain you can pick out the scm100s, right?

depend what speakers. if you put scm50 scm100 and scm150 their sound character is so close that is hard to discern them even with fast switching so it has nothing to do with aural memory.

PSI monitors are also very distinctive speakers that left long lasting impressions !

Attached: psi-a-14-m-studio_110004_1.jpg (710x710, 89K)

I listen to two songs

あのね by 奥野香耶
and
ただ君に晴れ by ヨルシカ