Is 1440p/144hz IPS the best ?

Is 1440p/144hz IPS the best ?

Attached: 1440p.jpg (720x405, 55K)

If higher is better to you then just get 4 8k displays

no

yes

well 1440p isn't a meme, it may be 40% or so larger in screen area but it feels dramatically larger
I wonder what percentage of people have a machine that can push a 2160p monitor to 144Hz

1080p 240hz > *

enjoy your shitty ass TN panel

enjoy your glow and uneven backlight

enjoy your low settings to get that sick flick shot

>enjoy your shitty ass TN panel
I fucking do ! I love TN. They are the most fucking comfortable monitors ever for endless hours of work/play. IPS literally burn my eyes. At least VAs are good for dark movies/games.

I'll tell you one thing. There's no reason to go higher than 1440. 1440 with anti-aliasing makes jaggies almost completely unnoticeable. 4k/8k is a meme.

4k 60Hz IPS is where it's at.

>60hz
framelet

> 60Hz
Imagine thinking this is in any way acceptable. I'd go back to 720 144hz before going back to 60hz

reslet. 1440p looks like dirt compared to 4k on a monitor.

>60Hz
It's like your blind or something

There's almost no difference unless your monitor is huge and you're sitting way too close to it.

No.
768p/60hz LED is.

Try using it on an actual 1440p monitor, retard. Of course it doesn't look right on a 4K monitor when that requires a non-integer scale.

The hell is 1296p?
Refresh rates tho

4K/8K is a meme right now if you want high refresh rate monitors. It'll change in the future, though it'll take a while.

No matter what you choose, you'll be picking one thing over another. It's up to you what you care about the most.

8k will always be a meme for anything other than 70"+ TVs. You just can't see that kind of detail on a monitor. The change between 4k and 8k will never be worth cutting your framerate in half, now or at any time in the future. Even if you hypothetically had a computer that could run at 8k 120fps, why wouldn't you just run it at 4k 240 instead?

I use a 1070, so it's not like my framerates will be in excess of 60 fps at 4k whenever I play the occasional game. I prefer better image quality to performance I wouldn't gain much from in the games I play, which are mostly versus fighters, driving sims and single player games.

>refresh rates
if you don't game, why should you care?

I've got 1800p on my 14 inch laptop. It's a bliss for reading shit. For games it's probably retarded.

Honestly on a 27 inch monitor and it's hard to tell the difference between native 4k and upscaled 1800p at a glance.

>framelet
it's herzlet, you uneducated zoomer.

144hz is a meme. unless you are pro Fortnut gaymur who needs to flickshot. funny thing is higher hertz does not equate to more skill. if you suck dick at 60hz you will suck dick at 144hz and 240hz.

1080p is enough but 1440p60hz is god tier value for money. 4k60hz is the ultimate dream tho.

>mfw 1440p 144hz VA

Attached: pxhqjum3nc331.jpg (1357x960, 103K)

>VA
No thanks, I like it when I can read text without it needing to be perfectly motionless.

Desktop is way smoother, and videos exhibit much less motion blur.

Are there any good affordable ones?

Attached: 1563385638653.png (760x805, 114K)

1000:1 contrast is unacceptable for looking at anything dark. 3000:1 VA panels are kinda okay.

>letting old memes influence buying decisions
They where saying the same shit about IPS not too long ago and is why TN was still a valid option for some, IPS got better and now it’s good enough for basically everyone
VA is going the same way

VA can get to 5000-6000:1 if monitor panel OEMs ever get around to updating their panels

Would be nice to get monitors that good. 3000:1 at 100 nits still visibly glows in a dark room. High output is useless for HDR if the blacks suck. Local dimming is questionable too. I'll probably just get a TV as my next monitor.

I actually did buy a TV for a monitor
It actually makes me angry that your only options for monitors is bleeding no contrast IPS or outdated VA with both having their lemons no matter how much you pay
At least with TVs your getting the latest panel tech available given the yearly refresh cycles

Haha i kno rite? Bigger is better but then bigger is not better!

acer xf27hu is only $330

shit I thought I was the only one who actually preferred TN
that being said my monitor is only 75hz but still

What are anons opinions on the Samsung C27JG50?
On paper the specs look great - 2K, 144 Hz, VA and it's the cheapest 2k/144 monitor in my country.

Also would an overclocked ryzen 5 1600 be enough for 2k/144 hz gaming with the rx 5700 xt or would I need a faster CPU too?

Attached: 58b.jpg (920x960, 85K)

curved suxx imo

Any reason for that? I never had curved but I feel like it would be more immersive.

It's a matter of opinion. The way I see it videos and games and software are all designed for a flat display. A lot of people seem to like the curve though.

For desktop PCs? Yeah it's the best setup unless you're willing to spend 5000ish on a high end display for 144hz 4k

>ips
1440p 144hz va is the best

TN panels are great. I have a 1440p 144hz TN panel and after I calibrated it, it looks like an IPS. Maybe the IPS is better for color-sensitive work, but I'm mostly coding/researching/writing/doing stuff that is not color-sensitive work so TN is better for me. I have never had problems with TN eye-strain; the fast refresh rate helps too. Also... 1ms response rate.

IPS has a wider range of and more accurate mid-tones.
TN does vlacks and saturated colors much better.
I have a dual monitor setup, one is IPS and the other is TN. They trade blows and I like them both but I generally prefer the IPS.

OLED is a world ahead of both except for price & durability

Attached: 27-278054_thinking-emoji-png-download-thinking-emoji-dank-meme.jpg (920x1010, 131K)

I went with 1600p/120Hz 21:9 ultrawide IPS. (selective backlight too and freesync)

I'm pretty sure most curved 16:9 monitors have this same double clouding problem. It's fucking atrocious, don't buy curved.

Attached: optix-g27c-uniformity-large.jpg (3840x2160, 1.08M)

yes
it's the best compromise between high frame rate and high resolution

1440p has really taken off since 4K and 120+hz monitors became a thing, people had to choose between 4k and low fps and highfps but a decade old resolution.

>compared to 4k it's not high resolution!
how much more do you have to spend to
A:get a 4k 144hz monitor over a 2k 144hz monitor
B:a machine that can run 4k at high fps vs 2k at high fps?

I had a 1700p monitor (keyword had, it was suspiciously cheap and started getting weird red splotches in the backlight), and aliasing was barely better than 1080p.

So I went back to a cost-effective 1080p monitor while I'm waiting for 2160p and HDR support to become the standard.

this

>1296p
excuse me?

increasing the refresh rate of your monitor wont increase te framerate of the videos

No, 1080p at 250hz is best

>4K 144Hz
or just get 4K 60Hz like a normal sane person would

every resolution/refreshrate/paneltype combination has it's own best uses
I use 1080p for quite a few reasons but if I were an artist (everything from hentai to textures) I'd get a color accurate 4k monitor and forgo refresh rates higher than 60hz
you could argue that you could do that on a 1080p screen but if you were a texture artist you want to make sure they hold up at 4k so that they're "future proof", most AAA bideogames don't hold up to this standard, so it is overdoing it, but great practice to know it will look good a decade from now

no but you can do it in software

Screen area has nothing to do with resolution. 1440P has actually almost 80% higher resolution

1440p/120Hz OLED master race (4K/120Hz once HDMI 2.1 GPU's are out)

Attached: c9-design-large.jpg (3840x2160, 2.36M)

I'm planning to buy an XG43UQ when it comes out pending good reviews.
-4K / 43" / VA panel / 144hz
-Freesync 2 HDR
-HDR 1000 (sadly, 16 edge-lit dimming zones)
-DP1.4 w/DSC (Can do 4k + 144hz + 10bit HDR without chroma subsampling)
>Is this a good buy? [ y / n ]

lots of cheap 27-32 1440/144hz ones it's the 34inchers that are for some reason double the price

I use the Asus ROG PG279Q.

27"
1440p
165Hz
Gsync
4ms GTG

pretty sure its still the best monitor on the market unless you attempting to game at 4k

Ayye tn-bro

4k just makes everything tiny.
you can buy a bigger monitor, but then you either have to sit further away (hint: desk sizes have not evolved to support this) or literally start turning your head to see everything.

I'm about to downsize back to 1440p with 27"

you either get the cheapest true 8bit 1080p ips panel or wait for oled monitors. there is no middle ground.

Do you not know what scaling Is

Yes. Not everything supports scaling properly though, Eclipse for example pretty much shit itself when i was still using it last year.