Best 1K laptop

So here I am about to buy the Surface laptop because fuck Apple.

But I think about the fact that it doesn’t have USB C and the trackpad for Macs is well liked. So I instead I’ll ask Jow Forums what the best bang for my buck is.

Attached: 3DA6803A-DBE2-4F9E-8747-2A80F6652DF8.jpg (1350x1012, 104K)

Other urls found in this thread:

microcenter.com/product/609505/inspiron-15-5570-156-laptop-computer---silver
reddit.com/r/thinkpad/comments/77uxwp/x230_125inch_with_2k_resolution_lol/
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

what's 1k supposed to be? 1024x768?

$1,000 dollars

Base model 13" MacBook Air Retina, you can get an eGPU later
Screen is great, trackpad is awesome, small, light, battery time is great

oh, if you have no problem with refurbished then maybe a thinkpad x1 carbon?

Plus the $200 Beats deals sounds awesome.

Surfacebook
>superior 3:2 screen
>superior colors
>FAR superior performance
>superior battery life
>superior trackpad
Macshit just can't compete.

>So here I about to buy the Shitcompany laptop because fuck Fagcompany
Go back to your favourite sub.

I think OP should buy a MacBook like said.

don't get that garbage, get a proper workstation laptop

Still, Thinkpads are better deals. If you insist on new, get an E series. Otherwise spend the rest of your budget on upgrades

The dual core kinda sucks, it might be worth waiting for the Ice Lake 4core/8thread y-series processors to come along.

@72448269
@72448511
@72449187
Back to your designated shitting street iJeet.

Attached: 1542312330049.png (709x869, 522K)

xps 15 you fucking retard

>But I think about the fact that it doesn’t have USB C and the trackpad for Macs is well liked. So I instead I’ll ask Jow Forums what the best bang for my buck is.
>casually spending $1000 on an unupgradable piece of shit when numerous advanced economies are either on the verge of recession or displaying ominous AF warning signs

If you don’t need it, save it. Otherwise get a used laptop with a relatively modern chipset that you can still upgrade like a 2012-2015 MBP or one of the later-model Thinkmeme in /tpg/s opening copypasta.

I never buy used. Ever.

microcenter.com/product/609505/inspiron-15-5570-156-laptop-computer---silver
Dell business laptop.
Radeon dedicated graphics.
32GB of RAM.
1TB of disk.
15"

Is it going to be your only PC or do you have a desktop as well for serious use? The Surface is a pretty good second device, but I'd never get one as my main computer.

Yeah, it'd be my main and only device

Always go Apple. No matter what.

Fuck Windows.
MacBook Pro or Air. Pro is better but... get the Air because it’s light.

T490s or X390

X1 Carbon is nice but overpriced because muh flagship.

Baste

desu Surface laptops are really nice if you want to spend that kind of money on them. 3:2 displays, the best windows optimization, and microsoft's support is better than apple's any day. i wouldnt want one but i can see the appeal, and theyre the reason why windows laptops have gotten better over the past few years

I just want an i7 9000, 1660 Ti, 16gb ram, 512gb SSD, and expansion options for a 2.5 inch memory drive.

For $1300 AUD.

>So here I am about to buy the Surface laptop because fuck Apple.
So you're going to buy an objectively worse laptop than Apple's offerings because "fuck" them?

Nothing is worse than an apple laptop.

Surface is. Worse trackpad, worse OS, worse display, less repairable, more throttling, less reliable. The Surface line is by far the worst line of computers on the market.

nice bait, i am guessing you have never actually used one

Hmmm.

Attached: pajeet.png (1904x1104, 1.07M)

You've never used a Surface or Surface Laptop.

Good one.

Really?

Attached: surfacelap.webm (320x240, 1.95M)

That's not pretty

>microsoft out-apples apple
itoddlers BTFO

So you want a Microshit computer? Buy Dell XPS.

you can get a used surface book on ebay for like $250 in perfect shape.
At that price point, it's fantastic.
I'm typing on one right now. It's fine for web browsing and photoshop.
for a cheap laptop, it's a good buy

on the other had, you can buy a used P51 on ebay for under 1k now. that would be what I would buy (I bought one new with the mobile xeon for like 1700 and it's a masterpiece of a laptop).

This is fucking nightmarish. I can't believe they thought this was a good idea... Everything just fucking breaks and crumbles to the touch

I use the Air 2018 for heavy programming and it works well enough.

Attached: 066.jpg (680x598, 48K)

Why would you need to open it if it never breaks?

It always breaks.

Street shit harder iJeet.

Attached: 1556647140000.jpg (1750x960, 433K)

>need to get laptop for VMs and shit
>can't help bumping up my price range to include gaming
>can't help wanting it to be not terrible at gaming, too.

I could get an i5 with a 1050ti and 8 ram for $980 AUD, but I also think I should really be getting a 1600 card. But I also read the 1650 is only like 10% better and not worth increasing my price range by $300. I hate how overpriced laptops are.

see Stupid winjeet.

How does Microsoft manage to pull this off?

Stop using it as a plate for your cheeseburgers

fucking FABRIC

MS isn't doing anything special. They just crapped out a generic laptop with a normal cooling system. The problem is the macbook is a steaming heap of shit shat out by literal pajeets at One Infinite Loo that have no idea what thermal design means. Seriously, only braindead troglodytes buy macs.

Attached: 1545309107676.png (828x1418, 166K)

Attached: F7B15FE7-D953-4797-9BC0-6D49BB987148.jpg (2048x2732, 2.23M)

Attached: 1536850388054.jpg (4608x3456, 838K)

@72452759
>lagPad

Attached: 1551140391801.png (1536x2048, 256K)

>Inspiron
That's not a business laptop, just consumer tier crap

This. I love my Surface Pro 6 throttling to 400 MHz and my type cover disconnecting randomly.

Workstation laptops are a meme. Save your heavy workloads for the desktop.

>Workstation laptops are a meme
>Gaming laptops are a meme

Is there any kind of laptop you don't consider a meme?

Macbook pro or a Surface Laptop 2

not him but a business laptop obviously

6 used thinkpads

>macbook

Have you learned nothing about Apple? Their products are overpriced, their keyboards are terrible and their store is a scam.

Better than Microsoft's crap.

No they aren't. A Surface is still better value.

Street shit harder iJeet.

How is the weather in Calcutta, winjeets?

Based on repairability given on video, the MacBook at least can be repaired.

1000$ is good price for x230 thinkpad and 2k display

reddit.com/r/thinkpad/comments/77uxwp/x230_125inch_with_2k_resolution_lol/

You only see it that way looking from a Windows system. On macOS the system itself is lightweight compared to the archaic monolithic Windows system and runs fast and efficiantly.
On my MacBook Air with 8Gb ram I have half of it ”used” on normal tasks, even if the browser has 17 tabs open without any slowdown. The resource and memory management is top notch compared to Windows, like many of Jow Forums knows from the GNU+Linux(systemd) and BSD systems.
the dual core processor is completely fine, I even do PS and Lightroom tasks for my hobby photography stuff, runs much better than my quad core 16Gb ram desktop with Win10.
It also won't break from a single update, and no update would break my work either by running without asking, or waking me up at night by switching on itself to do it's god-knows-what ”””updates”””

Nope.

open that link and dont come back

>So here I am about to buy the Surface laptop because fuck Apple.
you're legit about to buy a worse product because you simply don't like apple as a company?
I mean, if you're going to buy a non-apple product just for the sake of it, at least buy a thinkpad. Surface Laptop is basically MacBook x2. less repairable, more throttling, made of worse materials.

nigger what the fuck are you thinking?

If I’m willing to shell out on a Mac, should I get a base model MacBook Pro or an Air? The base Pro looks agreeable enough on paper but I’m not sure if it’s worth the extra $300 compared to an Air.

Lol the Surface has a soldered in SSD, don't buy that shit.

There is little difference in price between the Air and the Pro models, but the Pro heats up a lot when it kicks in high gear. With the Air you have a lighter laptop and you still have the option of high performance with an eGPU on a thunderbolt 3 port.
This is the setup I use and it works fine, only use the eGPU for some games. PS and LR works fine without a dedicated GPU.

I bought one for my gf. It's a nice. Normie machine. She didn't like the thinkpad x220 with Ubuntu I set up for her when I taught her "how to code" in C.
She likes the surface better but I cant into windows so I'm shit at tech support on this machine.

>fuck Apple
>buys a laptop that makes the Macbook look like a fucking Thinkpad by comparison
Okay reddit

Surface devices have a reputation for failing easily - just as bad, if not worse than apple. Also zero serviceability/upgradability. Get an asus or used x1 carbon. Or if you just need a browsing/working/shitposting machine, get a used business laptop like a thinkpad.

And you're an idiot

the mi air laptop is quite nice, though you may have to buy it from gearbest or ali.

Fuck off Chong, go back to your backwards fartcountry

Nice made up bullshit iJeet. Nothing is as unreliable as macshit.

Dell G7 if you want a thicc boi with some horsepower, Microsoft Precision trackpad, USB Thunderbolt 3 for eGPUs and dock dongles, plenty of IO ports

otherwise probably a Lenovo or Chromebook with Linux

My main priorities are good screen resolution, good keyboard, good battery. I'm a basic bitch that uses my laptop for MS Office, Internet and Netflix.

What would you recommend me to get for less than €1000? In Europe if that matters. 15.6" screen size preferred.

I honestly don't need an expensive machine, just a good one.

>want a laptop with good display and a good dedicated GPU
>they are all either gtx 1050 trash or with gaymen shape and lgbt lights

I've looked at these in the past and they seem like the best value but how sketchy is it buying one?

Here's the thing about USB C

it's super convenient if you have it, but at this point you still aren't missing anything without it.

Also if you get a laptop with USB C you WILL have to get adapters. Because they think by adding 1 or 2 ports that they can get rid of 2 or 4 others.

You have to spend 1500-2000 for that.

I want the following:

>ultrathin
>great display (more than 1080p)
>great keyboard
>GIANT trackpad
>great build quality and support

what do I get?

nothing

G7
/thread

Wait for the 2020 MacBook

>mac os

>throttlebook
A fucking windows tablet could destroy those in performance.

there's a fan in there, you fucking retard. what do you think happens to fans after a while?

Its kinda stretching past 1k a bit, but the XPS 15 just ticks so many boxes. I wouldn't get the fully loaded model, but the i5/i7 with base ram, base ssd, fat battery, reeeasonable GPU for mild gaming. Yeah, almost perfect.

HP's elitebook 1050. The trackpads may not be giant though

fucking choosing between
>thin and light, decent cpu
>long battery life, decent cpu
>long battery life, thin and light
is hard as shit

I almost wanna just by a pixelbook or something, and see how crouton's doing these days
lenovo's just got me by the balls with the keyboards and trackpoint buttons though so i dunno

X1 extreme. should be seeing Labor day deals on monday.

>you can get a used surface book on ebay for like $250 in perfect shape.
kek yeah right stupid shill

Attached: fag.png (791x1117, 479K)

Matebooks. In this price range there's nothing comparabe.

pixelbook is actually really good aside from ghosting and refresh rate or something. Utility is great

>china

$300 eBay Thinkpad
Be responsible and save the other $700